Games to Play, Download or Pre-Order Now!

Michonne and Rick

This is a discussion on Michonne and Rick within the The Walking Dead TV Predictions forums, part of the The Walking Dead TV Series category. "Originally Posted by filthyastronaut Spoiler! Rick is with Jessie later in the comics, and he could potentially be with other ..."

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by filthyastronaut View Post
    Spoiler!

Or nobody. I'm just not particularly enthused about Rick and Michonne together.
    Ah... development aligned with the comics, I can see that now. I'd initially thought the disapproval [for Rick-Michonne] is connected to unconscious preferences and being politically correct about coupling up according to color: Michonne-Tyreese, Rick-Andrea.

Quote Originally Posted by Zugzwang View Post
    Ah... development aligned with the comics, I can see that now. I'd initially thought the disapproval [for Rick-Michonne] is connected to unconscious preferences and being politically correct about coupling up according to color: Michonne-Tyreese, Rick-Andrea.
    Well, Michonne seems to be specifically attracted to black men in the comics. That's really not that uncommon, and certainly not prejudiced in any way. Just a preference. The comics have shown two (maybe more, can't remember) interracial relationships, but maybe some people are being subconsciously racist, I don't know. I don't think that's what the majority of people are thinking.

I'm a Gal I Hate Spoilers Haven't Read Comics
    Kills
    I can't see Michonne with anyone right now... It may change in a couple of seasons, if she lasts that long, but right now she doesn't act human enough to want to get close to anyone, and Rick doesn't trust her enough to let her get close, even if she wanted to.

I know Kung Fu..
    I'm a Gal I Love Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills
    Quote Originally Posted by Zugzwang View Post
    Can't speak for the rest but just to be clear, responding to this thread in support of development between Rick-Michonne isn't indicative a sexist mindset (if that is what you are implying). Their personalities complement well, and both are psychologically wounded. Just beginning to emerge from their shells.
    I've seen no indication of any connection between Rick & michonne..

Rick has treated michonne like a soul-less intruder with his only dialogue towards her being aggression or insults..

Michonne doesn't care what Rick thinks of does..

Her personality is closer to Daryl ..

Kills
    Quote Originally Posted by filthyastronaut View Post
    Spoiler!

Or nobody. I'm just not particularly enthused about Rick and Michonne together.
    oh I forgot about Jessie, they could bring a Jessie in the show! :) but if they do that would be around season 5

Quote Originally Posted by Walker Shane View Post
    The producers have said they try to make ricks life be as bad as it can get. Giving him a girlfriend or lover wouldn't really make sense. This is not a happy story.
    He was given a girlfriend and lover in the comics. She died a terrible death. That's not so happy.

I'm a Gal I Love Spoilers Haven't Read Comics
    Kills
    I am all for Rick having a new love once he is over Lori but please God don't let it be Andrea!

Kills
    Quote Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
    He was given a girlfriend and lover in the comics. She died a terrible death. That's not so happy.
    Yeah also having a girlfriend doesn't mean that he will be 100% happy, in the comics
    Spoiler!
    I don't think that will be different in the show

I'm a Guy I Hate Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills
    Quote Originally Posted by shanewalking View Post
    Yeah also having a girlfriend doesn't mean that he will be 100% happy, in the comics
    Spoiler!
    I don't think that will be different in the show
    Yeah I think he says that at some point and I agree it won't change in the comic. I find it sad that both times he couldn't say goodbye to her

Quote Originally Posted by H5N1 View Post
    I've seen no indication of any connection between Rick & michonne..

Rick has treated michonne like a soul-less intruder with his only dialogue towards her being aggression or insults..

Michonne doesn't care what Rick thinks of does..

Her personality is closer to Daryl ..
    We can continue to pursue this line of discussion with subjective perceptions that contradict, but I'd rather not. Too many ways to go about reading what "connects" and "disconnects".

My original post was meant to clarify your claim that people rooting for Michonne-Rick are sexist (a loaded assumption).

Imho, Rick and Michonne are similar insofar as 1) losing their SOs is concerned, 2) talking to dead SOs is concerned 3) seen as loco by others is concerned. In terms of coping behaviour, it appears to me they are cut from the same cloth. But that's just me pontificating.

As for everything else, I can't really comment on whether Rick thinks of Michonne as a "soul-less intruder" or whether he's been insulting her thus far in season 3. Reeks of emotionally charged interpretation [if I have to share my two cents worth]. Cheers.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast