The Walking Dead Forum Facebook
The Walking Dead Forum Twitter
The Walking Dead Google Plus
The Walking Dead Pinterest
The Walking Dead Forum

How the hell is the lawn always mowed?

This is a discussion on How the hell is the lawn always mowed? within the Episode 301 - Seed forums, part of the The Walking Dead Season 3 category. "Not all grass grows at the same rate either. I have to mow my yard once a week to keep ..."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I'm a Guy I Hate Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills
    Not all grass grows at the same rate either. I have to mow my yard once a week to keep it short but the guy that lives across the street only needs to mow his yard once a month to keep it as short as mine. Different kinds of grass grow at different speeds.

I haven't studied such things but could the zombies constantly stomping around the prison yard retard the length of the grass i.e stomping on grass in a line will make a dirt path, stomping on grass less but steadily will make grass short?

Of course, I didn't check the grass outside the fence.

Kills
    In the end it's a quick-shooting TV show and they can only do so much. Some places they can more directly control the height of the grass and some places they can't. The neighborhood is an example of where they didnt have full control. IIRC, they passed out papers asking the neighborhood not to mow their lawns for a few weeks. Some people may have gone against that. I would have obliged them, but it would have bothered the hell out of me.

As for the Prison yard.....it was just winter season and it looked like the walkers had been trampling around that whole time. So it wouldn't be like a hay field or anything...

I thought they did a good job with the prison only certain types of grass grows to real tall grass so it might need to be a bit longer but if you look at the length of grass on the bank of the river and by the railroad tracks it's about the same as the courtyard.

Quote Originally Posted by rabscuttle1 View Post
    BOOM! You tell 'em, DD. Yards are overgrown all over the show. Plus it's just after winter like you pointed out. I've never seen grass grow in the winter. So in the season three premier there shouldn't be any real tall grass yet.
    Yeah, I actually agree on the grass, I'm not the most knowledgeable about winters in that area, but I would bet it's just now spring and the grass is regrowing, but in other episodes grass is long. plausibility suggests the scenes with mowed lawns was more due to a lot of heat of the summer and no watering. It's hot as hell where I live and grass doesn't grow the best unless it's watered. But still, I thought it was a funny post

Zombie Goats are roaming the countryside, keep the grass from getting out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Day View Post
    Check my pics and you will see I'm right.

Should I go on?
    Hmm, seems pretty normal.

1. Typical Chicago suburban street, IMO. Can't say whether it's normal for Georgia.

2. Looks like they're holding an improvised local "blue man group" performance, and roping off the area for the performers

3.Well... Rick doesn't look too surprised at the yard, maybe that's how Lori always keeps it. I'm sure she spend more time worrying about her "issues" pre-ZA than on lawncare.

4.And Daryl? That's probably his house, and proud of it. He's just looking over his shoulder to see where his dogs are.

P.S. who puts a tire swing in their FRONT yard, anyway? On the farm? OK, but right in front of the house in the suburbs? That's a bit hillbilly even for me.

Kills

Re: How the hell is the lawn always mowed?

Quote Originally Posted by Morgotha View Post
    P.S. who puts a tire swing in their FRONT yard, anyway? On the farm? OK, but right in front of the house in the suburbs? That's a bit hillbilly even for me.
    I had a swing in my front yard. No trees in my back yard.

Don't want no zombies sneakin' around bitin' bitches because they was hidin' in an unkempt mess of a lawn. Remember folks, in the zombie apocalypse A SHORT LAWN IS A SAFE LAWN!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast