Games to Play, Download or Pre-Order Now!

The Governor's real name

This is a discussion on The Governor's real name within the Episode 303 - Walk with Me forums, part of the The Walking Dead Season 3 category. "I was hoping he wouldnt reveal his true name and glad he didnt (at least not yet). I wondered about ..."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm a Gal I Hate Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills

The Governor's real name

I was hoping he wouldnt reveal his true name and glad he didnt (at least not yet). I wondered about this since I have not read the comics yet. Does he ever reveal it in the comics? To me, it leaves him with an air of mystery if no one ever knows his real name. And him telling Andrea that he never reveals it to anyone just proves his state of mind. Knowing his God given name gives him humanity. The LAST thing he wants to be seen with.

I'm a Guy I Hate Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills
    i want to say its Philip. or maybe that was his brothers name.

Kills
    It's either Brian or Philip. Having only partially read The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor, I don't fully know what happens in the end.

Brian Blake and/or his brother Phillip, if I understand a bit of reading about Woodbury and how the Governor came about. Kinda confusing thou. I think they're friend Nick killed Brian and Philip killed Nick and took Brian's identity? Did I get that right?

I'm a Guy I Love Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadOnMyFeet View Post
    Brian Blake and/or his brother Phillip, if I understand a bit of reading about Woodbury and how the Governor came about. Kinda confusing thou. I think they're friend Nick killed Brian and Philip killed Nick and took Brian's identity? Did I get that right?
    Philip died and Brian stepped up and defeat the Army that had control of Woodbury and Caesar Martinez asked him who he was and he said his name is Phillip taking his brother's name because he was inspired by his leadership ethics. Then "The Governor" name came along.

That being said, The Governor wasn't even a leader kind of guy to begin with but inspiration made him rise according to the novel

I'm a Gal I Hate Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills
    Well that explains why some people here were saying "Brian" was here now. I wondered who you guys were talking about.

Thanks Greek...That puts it into a better perspective ! I was on the right path....
    Last edited by DeadOnMyFeet; 10-29-2012 at 02:48 PM.

Hopefully we(they) didn't give away too much for you. I only read a bit of the comics (summaries, etc) because I still wanted that element of surprise each episode, but kind of a path the writers went/are/will be going. I can't wait til Sunday!!!!

Kills
    Quote Originally Posted by GreekSalads View Post
    Philip died and Brian stepped up and defeat the Army that had control of Woodbury and Caesar Martinez asked him who he was and he said his name is Phillip taking his brother's name because he was inspired by his leadership ethics. Then "The Governor" name came along.

That being said, The Governor wasn't even a leader kind of guy to begin with but inspiration made him rise according to the novel
    While this is spot on, he did a good job not really saying everything. Nice!

I'm a Guy I Love Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills
    The show version is Phillip...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast