The Walking Dead Forum Facebook
The Walking Dead Forum Twitter
The Walking Dead Google Plus
The Walking Dead Pinterest
The Walking Dead Forum

What the hell is wrong with Andrea???

This is a discussion on What the hell is wrong with Andrea??? within the Episode 303 - Walk with Me forums, part of the The Walking Dead Season 3 category. "Originally Posted by 2gun I ain't saying she's a gold digger but ......... ♪♫♪♫ She ain't messin with no broke ..."

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

I'm a Gal I Hate Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills
    Quote Originally Posted by 2gun View Post
    I ain't saying she's a gold digger but .........
    ♪♫♪♫ She ain't messin with no broke Zombie slayer!! ♪♫♪♫

Quote Originally Posted by mermaidgirl View Post
    I have disliked Andrea since she decided she was better than the other women and could do what she wanted. I understand she is a strong character but in a world like this, everyone has their part. What if all the women decided they didn't want to take care of anyone anymore but wanted to hunt and all? She showed her colors on this episode...I too hope she gets killed off. From what posters say about the comic book Andrea she sounds awesome but this one is just a pain.
    No offense intended, but it sounds like you are saying that all of the women in the group should be tending the garden and washing everyone's clothes. When Andrea stood up for herself, she was pointing out that she and the other women were just as capable as the men in the group. I don't think she was saying that she was better than any of the others. I think that she was pointing out that the group had fallen into the stereotypical structure, where the men are the hunters and the women had been relegated back into the role of the nurturer. I believe point she was attempting to make was, in order for the group to survive, everyone would have to be considered on equal ground and the old societal roles have to be forgotten. In this world, everyone have to fight to survive. Those who can't are a weak link in the chain. I think that Andrea's intent was, she was not going to be the weak link.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHunterTx View Post
    No offense intended, but it sounds like you are saying that all of the women in the group should be tending the garden and washing everyone's clothes. When Andrea stood up for herself, she was pointing out that she and the other women were just as capable as the men in the group. I don't think she was saying that she was better than any of the others. I think that she was pointing out that the group had fallen into the stereotypical structure, where the men are the hunters and the women had been relegated back into the role of the nurturer. I believe point she was attempting to make was, in order for the group to survive, everyone would have to be considered on equal ground and the old societal roles have to be forgotten. In this world, everyone have to fight to survive. Those who can't are a weak link in the chain. I think that Andrea's intent was, she was not going to be the weak link.
    Yes, I agree. Andrea was also put into a position where she had to defend herself from Lori's criticism. Lori wants the roles divided into the old sterotypical typecast, such as when she told Andrea "the men are quite capable of protecting us" (or something along those lines). Lori also insulted Andrea when she said all she does is sit on the RV and work on her tan. Andrea had the motivation, from losing her sister to a walker, and from being alone, i.e. no husband or boyfriend, to learn how to take care of herself. Lori, never having lost a close family member and having the protection of 2 men, was arrogant and lacked empathy. Andrea told her like it was.

I'm a Gal I Love Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills
    I have to agree with Andrea on the gender stereotypes. I'm not one to sit around and cook and do laundry.
    I don't exactly have a great shot myself, but I'm a quick learner. I personally would want to help with actually surviving over doing lady stuff.
    Just because a lady isn't typically a beefed up meat head doesn't mean we can't help with hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by rabscuttle1 View Post
    I've never liked TV Andrea. From the very begining she has been a weak portrayal of her comic counterpart. At this point I wouldn't care if she got killed.
    I'm with you on that one. She has been pretty annoying all the way through, another bi-polar sufferer.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHunterTx View Post
    Yeah but someone's gotta wash the men's underwear after a hard day being scared shitless by zombies.. they don't have the time.

I'm a Gal I Hate Spoilers Haven't Read Comics
    Kills
    I think Andrea is way too naive. I don't know why she chooses to ignore her better judgement; she used to be a lawyer, so you know she's smart, but she's definitely not using her lawyer brain in this new world.

I couldn't believe in the preview when they showed Andrea giving Merle directions to the farm! I know they shared a little moment when she told him about Amy, but WOW... Does she really believe he's only looking for Daryl and that's it?

Sometimes when you feel desperate, you do stupid things. She seems like she's been ill for a while, and finally finding someplace having the appearance of a safe-haven has probably skewed her judgement. From what she's seen, The Governor seems to have pulled together a really nice little town, and seems like he's letting any survivors he finds join them. Also, the fact that Merle seemed sympathetic when she told him that Amy died has probably made her more willing to believe he's changed.

Everyone makes mistakes... While she's annoying me lately, I don't want to hate her character just yet. Hopefully she'll pull her head out of her ass soon... When something seems too good to be true, it usually is. She, living in the zombie apocalypse, should know that...

I'm a Guy I Hate Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills
    my opinion of andrea solidified , in the comics, towards the prison arc. she hasnt really bothered me on the show to much because her characters experiences are so different from comic andreas up to this point. show andrea loves a good speech. it really seems to make her all moisty. now she seems smitten by the gov after his speech. I think there may come a time where she has to forget all the speech givers and stand on her own 2 feet and choose whos side she's gonna be on. for me, that's when her character will gel. or it will crumble into t-dog status.

Most women may not be psychically as strong as most men, but just because they are women, and just because they could easily lose a fight against a huge man doesn't mean they should be stuck behind playing house. You don't see Glenn having to stay behind and cook and clean just because he's not as muscular as some men. Your ability to survive in the zombie apocalypse isn't solely based on physical strength. It also has to do with strategy and intelligence, which women can excel in just as much as men, no question.

Michonne and Maggie both seem more than capable of getting shit done in the zombie apocalypse. And so does Andrea when she's not sickly or blinded by a sexy man's charms.

Carol and Beth can stay behind and do the laundry and cook the prison t-v dinners for everyone else. (also Hershel, since he's minus a leg.)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast