The Walking Dead Forum Facebook
The Walking Dead Forum Twitter
The Walking Dead Google Plus
The Walking Dead Pinterest
The Walking Dead Forum

Daryl vs Andrea & Merle

This is a discussion on Daryl vs Andrea & Merle within the Episode 307 - When the Dead Come Knocking forums, part of the The Walking Dead Season 3 category. "(NO SPOILERS just speculation) FLASHBACK : Season 2 : Daryl is putting Dale out of his misery DARYL: "Sorry Brother." ..."

Walking Dead Forums Weekly Giveaways

View Poll Results: Who do YOU want to see take out the Merle?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Daryl

4 80.00%
  • Micchone

1 20.00%
  • Andrea

0 0%
  • The Governor

0 0%
  • A Walker/Biter

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I'm a Guy I Hate Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills

Daryl vs Andrea & Merle

(NO SPOILERS just speculation)

FLASHBACK : Season 2 : Daryl is putting Dale out of his misery

DARYL: "Sorry Brother." BANG

FLASHBACK : Season 2 : Daryl Talking with Andrea after Andrea shot him

DARYL: "Shoot me again? You best pray I'm dead."

Now, back to present Woodburry. Seeing the interactions and empathy between Merle and Andrea, (they both lost a sibling in some way, AND they were both abandoned by the group in some way), I can see Merle manipulating Andrea (with the help of the Guv) to fight against her old group or at least defend her new one to some extent.

IMAGINE THIS
    Epic showdown between Merle and Daryl where Daryl is obviously conflicted (possibly Merle too but much less). In an awesome, cool weaponed, catch phrase filled battle... Daryl wins! Standing over his brother's body, Merle throws out one last cleverly abusive insult and Daryl, bow in hand, says

"Sorry brother." HEADSHOT!

Andrea, who ---A) is still in the dark about what is REALLY going on B) has chosen to side with Woodbury or C) simply cannot see that it is Daryl attacking Merle because of the smoke bombs ---shoots at Daryl, slightly wounding him. Daryl, now furious and in kill mode, shoots Andrea with an arrow through her gullible heart and as he stands over her for the kill shot he says---

"I told you. shoot me again? Best pray I'm dead." HEADSHOT!

I'm a Guy I Love Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills
    I think that would awesome! I still have my doubts about daryl being able to kill his own brother, but who knows. However, I really like how you tied together the Andrea idea. If Daryl killed Andrea I think that would be the most liked moment in the series so far. Even more than Sophia coming out of the barn.

I'm a Gal I Love Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills
    Loooveee itttt!!!! That would be bloody good!

Kills
    Not bad, man. I think that we will see in this mid-season finale episode a big story reversal since we saw in the short preview how things will unwind in Woodbury between Rick's group and Gov's people.

Still, it's a tough call if you ask me what will happen with Daryl and Merle because they're brothers, but still in different groups... Anything could happen.

I'm a Gal I Hate Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills
    That would be awesome, especially the Andrea moment. I don't think Andrea will die though.

I do think Daryl will ultimately side with Rick and the group but it won't be easy and seamless. Daryl will have a difficult time not falling back into the familiar role with Meryl. He is very bonded to Meryl by blood, by abuse, being so isolated with him growing up and years of being bonded and loyal to him, by being younger and vulnerable to him all his life. Meryl knows that and he'll use it.

I'd like to see Meryl make a final decision to save Daryl in some way, after Daryl has made the choice to side with Rick and group. I don't really see any way for Meryl to continue on after this arc but I'd love it if he died trying to save Daryl instead of being killed by Daryl.

Quote Originally Posted by 2gun View Post
    I grew up around people like Daryl and Merle . Merle may be apiece of shit but he is Daryl family they are not likely to kill each other . I think if placed in a position where Merle was gonna shoot Rick Daryl would shoot Merle in the leg to dis arm him but Merle is family and that bond is not easily broken . I don't see Daryl killing Merle unless Merle makes him

As much as I hate Andrea I think the writers will try to redeem her in the eyes of the viewers which will work because for the most part people are stupid . Andrea will pretend to be on the governors side then send word to Ricks group of a pending counter attack by the governor She will then join Rick to battle the governor during the attack . This would redeem her in the eyes of many viewers ( the stupid ones anyway ) To me she will always be a gold digging , immature, whore but what do I know .
    "The stupid ones"

Did you know? It's just a tv show, if they try to redeem her and viewers like her again, why would they be stupid? It's just a made up story, nothing of that is real... I think you're too into it mate.

Kills
    I grew up around people like Daryl and Merle . Merle may be apiece of shit but he is Daryl family they are not likely to kill each other . I think if placed in a position where Merle was gonna shoot Rick Daryl would shoot Merle in the leg to dis arm him but Merle is family and that bond is not easily broken . I don't see Daryl killing Merle unless Merle makes him
    I absolutely agree with this... It is only the MID season finale so this may be just the start of a long story line between Daryl and Merle that may not have its climax until much later (if at all) : )

I'm a Gal I Hate Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills
    Agreed. Merle isn't going anywhere for awhile.

I always rhyme Daryl and Meryl in my head - sorry for all the errors in previous post. Fingers type way faster than my brain apparently.

They are stupid because she is what she is , a few good deeds can not overcome all her evil however most people especially the American unemployed intellectuals who have proven oh so very many times how truly idiotic they are will always buy what they are told to like the true lemmings they are .
    Oh mate and now you're insulting the Americans XD... People should just watch the show, keep their point of view, and if they do not agree with someone elses then mind their own business.

It's only a tv show.

As of myself, i don't really care much about what happens to her character, I only care to know about how will the story evolve from this point on.

And yeah. Andrea seems to be very stupid right now, but maybe they can open her eyes somehow and she could show us how she greatly regrets all of that she has done in the past, and become a new Andrea at some point, so people start to like her. Or maybe she will just become more and more stupid, but still somehow they redeem her and people start to like her too that way, so what?

Again; It's just a tv show. No need to be calling people stupid just because you do not agree with some random strangers point of view.

Kills
    Quote Originally Posted by BarbDwyer View Post
    That would be awesome, especially the Andrea moment. I don't think Andrea will die though.

I do think Daryl will ultimately side with Rick and the group but it won't be easy and seamless. Daryl will have a difficult time not falling back into the familiar role with Meryl. He is very bonded to Meryl by blood, by abuse, being so isolated with him growing up and years of being bonded and loyal to him, by being younger and vulnerable to him all his life. Meryl knows that and he'll use it.

I'd like to see Meryl make a final decision to save Daryl in some way, after Daryl has made the choice to side with Rick and group. I don't really see any way for Meryl to continue on after this arc but I'd love it if he died trying to save Daryl instead of being killed by Daryl.

This is a good point! It got me thinking in a different direction on Merle...
    IMHO, one could make the argument that everything Merle has done since being left behind on that rooftop was SURVIVE SO HE CAN FIND HIS BROTHER.

Let’s pretend Merle is just misunderstood and impulsive and deep down, he just wants to find his brother. He cut off his hand to save his own life of course but then he found a group that accepted him as the “hammer in their toolbox.” He is in a position of power, which gives him the freedom to scout and search for Daryl (which we have seen him do, even asking the Guv for help I think) When he encountered Andrea, he dropped his gun and asked about Daryl. He seemed very thankful for the information she provided about Daryl’s whereabouts. When he saw Glenn, he dropped his gun and again asked about Daryl (the John McClane hidden gun trick could have been a back up plan. If Rick had done that, we would have called it badass). When Glenn didn’t give him what he wanted, he turned on him. He didn’t chase after Michonne because he didn’t want to risk death when he is so close to finding his brother. He was the one who apparently chose not to take the risk of clearing the prison too. You can say he is motivated by fear, but I think he MIGHT just want to stay alive because somehow he knows that Daryl is alive out there.
    So let’s say that he is just doing whatever he can (good and bad) reunite with his little brother. I can see BarbDwyer’s scenario playing out should Woodbury get the upper hand on Team Prison and put Daryl into danger.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast