The Walking Dead Forum Facebook
The Walking Dead Forum Twitter
The Walking Dead Google Plus
The Walking Dead Pinterest
The Walking Dead Forum

Hershel and Merl and the biblical quote.

This is a discussion on Hershel and Merl and the biblical quote. within the Episode 311 - I Ain't a Judas forums, part of the The Walking Dead Season 3 category. "Ha. I didn't make the father figure connection and a possible scenerio of Meryl taking his father-hatred out on Herschel. ..."

Walking Dead Forums Weekly Giveaways
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ha. I didn't make the father figure connection and a possible scenerio of Meryl taking his father-hatred out on Herschel. Actually, I'm hoping end of season is our group pulling together to do battle and those survivors become more welded together, shedding past grudges (not that Meryl would deserve that).

Quote Originally Posted by Busted Flipflop View Post
    Edited due to misunderstanding.
    I thought the same thing and then laughed myself silly.This was an awesome board moment.
    Found this on the web and seems to fit the walker thing. No offense to anyone.

I'm a Gal I Love Spoilers Haven't Read Comics
    Kills
    Quote Originally Posted by DarylFTW View Post
    I like your take on this. It's a great view point. Just because Merl can quote the bible doesn't mean that he is a good person. But I never made the connections with the beatings the Dixon boys took to a possibly bible spewing abusive father. If that's the case, you are indeed right. Hershel has made a terrible mistake since he kinda comes off as a father figure.

Thank you for sharing.
    I have a different take on this. Daryl talked about how his father went on benders with women of questionable character. Usually the bible thumpers dont hang out with whores.

I'm a Gal I Love Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills
    Quote Originally Posted by IQDeficit View Post
    I have a different take on this. Daryl talked about how his father went on benders with women of questionable character. Usually the bible thumpers dont hang out with whores.
    Any whore will tell you that her most reliable customers are bible thumpers!

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    I am doubting the "Woodbury had a great library" reasoning from Meryl. My feeling is that the bible was likely beat into Meryl and Darryl by their abusive father. And, just because someone can quote bible verses does not mean they have any great morality. We are all aware of people who spew them out for a living and their own personal gain (God wants you to send me your money......). This seems to be more prevalent in the South, where our boys are from. IMO, Once Hershel makes that quote, Meryl can use that to try to manipulate him.
    exactly. I'm sure the Devil can quote the Bible word for word... that doesn't mean he follows it!

Kills
    Quote Originally Posted by Busted Flipflop View Post
    I thought it was an interesting and most profound scene as well. It seemed like Hershel was reaching out to Merle trying to get him to shed his bad ways. Merle was familiar with the verse. I wonder how Merle interpreted it.
    This was my take on the scene...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123