The Walking Dead Forum Facebook
The Walking Dead Forum Twitter
The Walking Dead Google Plus
The Walking Dead Pinterest
The Walking Dead Forum

Michonnes' flashback

This is a discussion on Michonnes' flashback within the Episode 409 - After forums, part of the The Walking Dead Season 4 category. "Originally Posted by PipForever Someone in another thread said that they think that Mike, her boyfriend/husband, killed the baby and ..."

Walking Dead Forums Weekly Giveaways
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PipForever View Post
    Someone in another thread said that they think that Mike, her boyfriend/husband, killed the baby and himself. This would explain both the dialogue in the dream (him saying that what they were doing wasn't considered living, he didn't think he or his son were really alive anymore) and what Michonne says later ( something like "It wasn't you who did that back at the camp. Things could have been different. You could still be alive. He could still be alive.")
    Back in the beginning of the ZA people didn't know that everyone turns no matter how you die. Everyone is infected. So Mike committed suicide thinking that would be the end of it all for him. Maybe he killed their son, too, as a double suicide. Or maybe their son died as a result of him turning. He didn't realize he was going to turn. He thought he was taking the easy way out since it wasn't (in his mind) really living as they had begun to live trying to keep one step ahead of the zombies. Everything could have been different had he not tried to take the easy way out. They could all have been alive together.

I thought it might be a bit confusing It could have been better but I still loved it. :)

I'm a Guy I Hate Spoilers Haven't Read Comics
    Kills
    Yeah, I thought something was odd at first with the katana, but I figured she must have already been into that before the ZA. When her boyfriend instantly went from a happy, friendly vibe to "I'm not taking my child down there, it's not safe", I was almost sure she was having a dream. The last few seconds cemented that theory.

I'm a Gal I Love Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills
    i get what they were TRYING to do...And I love Michonne so I was looking forward to the reveal of who her pets were for those who hadn't read the comics. I did think they were going to make it into a flashback or a storyline in the future for her...It's just too good an opportunity not to but this dream thing...It only got good towards the end IMO. I get that it's meant to be trippy and all the rest and parts were really good and disjointed like a real dream but it was a little too long and could have been better.

I'm a Guy I Hate Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills
    Quote Originally Posted by kmangel View Post
    Back in the beginning of the ZA people didn't know that everyone turns no matter how you die. Everyone is infected. So Mike committed suicide thinking that would be the end of it all for him. Maybe he killed their son, too, as a double suicide. Or maybe their son died as a result of him turning. He didn't realize he was going to turn. He thought he was taking the easy way out since it wasn't (in his mind) really living as they had begun to live trying to keep one step ahead of the zombies. Everything could have been different had he not tried to take the easy way out. They could all have been alive together.
    I still lean towards the he killed his son and then committed suicide theory. What father would kill himself and leave his son alone? Although I guess killing your own son is also crazy... But if you are killing yourself and think that what you are doing is for the best, then it would make more sense to take your son with you.

Also, I wonder if Michonne saw him do it.

I'm a Guy I Hate Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills
    Quote Originally Posted by Faelan Dixon View Post
    Am i the only person who thinks that they could do a better job at michonnes' flashback?
    I felt like their was no smooth transition between the two scenes.
    For a few seconds i was confused like i was watching a completely different televisionseries.
    If you could fix this transition, what would you change?

But i liked how that scene ended though...
    Anyone else feel like...

I'm a Guy I Love Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills
    Quote Originally Posted by Faelan Dixon View Post
    Am i the only person who thinks that they could do a better job at michonnes' flashback?
    I felt like their was no smooth transition between the two scenes.
    For a few seconds i was confused like i was watching a completely different televisionseries.
    If you could fix this transition, what would you change?

But i liked how that scene ended though...
    Maybe...I actually loved it...was really weird,and it fitted awkwardly,yet awesome

I'm a Guy I Love Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills
    Quote Originally Posted by ChokeHldsIllegal View Post
    Anyone else feel like...

I'm a Gal I Hate Spoilers Haven't Read Comics
    Kills
    What I found jarring was that in the episode where we saw Andrea & Michonne by the fire and Andrea asked her about her pets, Michonne very bitterly said "they weren't human BEFORE they turned", very emphatically.

That doesn't jibe with the flashback/dream thing we saw this episode. What happened to make Michonne consider them that harshly?

Maybe the father killed the kid and then himself, but not knowing what we know (now) they both turned and Michonne had to put down her walker son?

I could see that making her bitter towards his memory (baby's daddy) but it still doesn't explain her feelings towards the pets in that scene with Andrea.

I'm a Guy I Hate Spoilers Haven't Read Comics
    Kills
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadRun View Post
    What I found jarring was that in the episode where we saw Andrea & Michonne by the fire and Andrea asked her about her pets, Michonne very bitterly said "they weren't human BEFORE they turned", very emphatically.

That doesn't jibe with the flashback/dream thing we saw this episode. What happened to make Michonne consider them that harshly?

Maybe the father killed the kid and then himself, but not knowing what we know (now) they both turned and Michonne had to put down her walker son?

I could see that making her bitter towards his memory (baby's daddy) but it still doesn't explain her feelings towards the pets in that scene with Andrea.
    I get what your saying, I thought these 2 guys were real Jackasses too but they seemed pretty normal.... The Dream Riddle did not explain why Michonne expressed those feelings about those men to Andrea.... It was a stupid artsy attempt to give us insight on Michonne's pre ZA life....It actually explained nothing and made Michonne's story more confusing...

Darabont had to be laughing his balls off at that weak attempt of a backstory.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast