Games to Play, Download or Pre-Order Now!

Beth and Daryl, TOGETHER - WTF!!

This is a discussion on Beth and Daryl, TOGETHER - WTF!! within the Episode 413 - Alone forums, part of the The Walking Dead Season 4 category. "Daryl is definitely attracted to Beth, but nothing might end up happening between them...."

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Daryl is definitely attracted to Beth, but nothing might end up happening between them.

I know Kung Fu..
    I'm a Gal I Love Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills
    They shared an experience & bonded a bit.. Relationship or sexual attraction is going overboard with assumptions I think..

I viewed their relationship as a close friendship more than anything. Beth was able to bring Daryl out of his "dark place" and in return Daryl gave her protection. I don't doubt it would have progressed to something else, though. Not to sound weird, but you have to put in perspective this is after basically the entire population is dead and the few people still alive aren't exactly friendly. Getting close to anyone (if you know what I mean) is a rarity, so they probably would have taken advantage of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by RarreKZ View Post
    There is no way Daryl can be 40, he must be 30 at max. Since Beth is 18/19 now it is actually legal for them to be together. They might not become couples, but they will become really good friends for sure. Friends with benefits? ;)
    I think "legal" flew out the window once the apocalypse began.

That said, I don't think the writers were hinting at anything more than a very close personal bond between the two, to show that Daryl felt secure enough to open his heart to someone else and trust again. But...meh...who knows?

Daryl doesnt act like hes even 30 in the show. Saying hes her dad is silly. Hes not that old.

Ya'll know I like to ship
    Kills
    Quote Originally Posted by QOTWD View Post
    Daryl doesnt act like hes even 30 in the show. Saying hes her dad is silly. Hes not that old.
    Beth is 17 or 18, NR is 45 and could pass for 35-45. Split the difference and call him 40. Which he totally looks with his graying facial hair that doesn't match the obviously dyed hair on his head. Merle clearly looked early 50's. To have a brother 20 years younger is a bit of a stretch esp since they were so close and hung out a lot together. Their age differences make it not even a brother/sister thing. It's surrogate father/uncle niece thing.

A 30 yr old and 50 year old I'm fine with. I dated a 52 yr old for a few months when I was 24. Although I was buzzed when I met him, math is hard, and he told me his birth date and I miscalculated and thought he was 45, lol. Anyways! 40 and 17 or 18? I just can't get down with that. It's not even the direction the show's going in anyway IMO.

People are really obsessed with this age thing. Its funny watching people take our society and impose it on an apocalyptic world. Less people, faster maturity, etc. Their age doesnt bother me. BUT I do not think it is going to go that way. I think they were bonding and he viewed her as rescuing him from depression and dark thoughts. She was giving him purpose again. He may be developing romantic feelings or he may just have been emtoionally bonding to her in other ways. I think people are jumping the gun.

Ya'll know I like to ship
    Kills
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Guts View Post
    People are really obsessed with this age thing. Its funny watching people take our society and impose it on an apocalyptic world. Less people, faster maturity, etc. Their age doesnt bother me. BUT I do not think it is going to go that way. I think they were bonding and he viewed her as rescuing him from depression and dark thoughts. She was giving him purpose again. He may be developing romantic feelings or he may just have been emtoionally bonding to her in other ways. I think people are jumping the gun.
    The reason people are so "obsessed" with it is that Beth is so young. She was introduced to the show as a kid, a teenager. And still is. If she was mid 20's it wouldn't be near as big of a deal.

Many of the reviews of this episode have picked up on the fact there seemed to be something blossoming... Not one of the reviews mentioned age. Honestly, I think this age thing is a problem for a minority. The casual viewer really doesn't care, as long as it's not downright creepy e.g. Humbert Humbert and Lolita. Tbh, I still have to understand what gives people the right to judge other people's relationship in general, if you're over the age of consent and two people are happy and good for each other, who gives you the right to be all holier-than-thou?

Ultimately it's also fiction, and there are only few people left in the world. I don't think many of these characters are in the situation to say "oh you know what, I found someone I really like but he's too old, I'll just look for a more age appropriate partner, after all there are so many fishes in the sea!" Please.

In the ZA the age difference isn't a big deal.

Heck, just look at society a few generations ago. Look at many other countries.

The age thing is a luxury afforded by affluence and stability in society.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast