Games to Play, Download or Pre-Order Now!

Was Carl about to get raped?

This is a discussion on Was Carl about to get raped? within the The Walking Dead Television Series forums, part of the The Walking Dead TV Series category. "Was I the only one who thought that creepy bastard was going to rape Carl last night?..."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Was Carl about to get raped?

Was I the only one who thought that creepy bastard was going to rape Carl last night?

I'm a Gal I Love Spoilers Haven't Read Comics
    Kills
    No you're not the only one.... Apparently in the comic book the pedophile tries to rape him and, thank god, that didn't happen in the show either. :)

I'm a Gal I Hate Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills
    That was his intentions, that was how it was in the comics. He was trying to unbuckle his belt and Joe said," We'll get the boy first and then the girl." But, he could of either been talking about killing them or raping them. But, yes it looks like Dan was trying to rape him. They also discussed it on The Talking Dead and that looked to be the case.

I'm a Guy I Love Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills
    Uh... Yeah.
    Look at that dude. Just look at him. His look says, "Amber Alert. Amber alert. Amber alert." That guy couldn't be any creepier if he had full clown make up on.
    And, yes. That's what happens in the comics. In fact, while they didn't actually SHOW it, you can hear him undoing Carl's belt. Plus, joe said "first we're gonna beat daryl to death. Then we're gonna have the girl. --Then the boy.-- Then were gonna shoot you dead. Then we'll be square." Or something to that effect.
    And the look on Carl's face isn't just an "I'm going to be killed." face. It was more of a "these sick ****s are gonna run a train on me and michonne and THEN I'm going to be killed."

In retrospect, my one disappointment in this episode is that they didn't let Carl elaborate like they did in the comics. When he said he "still has these thoughts..." In the comics, he actually has this conversation with his dad beside the car. Only, michonne and obviously daryl weren't there. Just abraham, rick, and carl. Abraham begins by saying, "You don't just come back from something like that-- tearing a man apart. Holding his insides in your hand. You can never go back to being dear old dad." Rick says that he can pretend-- and that it feels like he has been for some time. Abraham explains what happened to his family (bad shit. Then he flipped out and killed those responsible horribly.) then Rick details all he horrible things he's done-- killing the men that night. In the comics he killed Martinez. And the prisoners who were bad. (much more so than on the TV show. Like, the beheading little girls sort of bad) then he says that he's worried that carl is going to come to fear him. Then carl (who they thought had been sleeping) says, "I shot a man in the neck..." (In the comics, carl kills Shane, then Rick puts him down some time later.) he goes on about how it used to make him sad, but now he realizes that it needed to be done. In fact, he says he's glad he killed him. Then he says something to the effect of "I have these thoughts. Sometimes I worry that if you knew the thoughts I have, you wouldn't love me any more. I saw what you did to the man who tried to hurt me last night. I wasn't afraid. I WANTED you to do that. I wanted to HELP."

But I think they will combine this conversation with the one Rick and carl have after Rick kills the cannibals. (in a much MORE brutal way than fatty last night) here, they talk about a lot of the same things. Rick talks about the difference between good people and bad people-- that the things they have to do are still bad, and when they become easy, good people become bad. Again, Rick mentions that he's afraid of driving carl away. But carl says that he doesn't fear his father-- in fact, he loves him because he's willing to do whatever it takes to keep them safe. Probably one of the best pieces of heartfelt dialogue in the comics.

The upshot of it is, even though Rick and carl clearly had their disagreements, Carl still loves his dad. To the point where the thing he fears most-- more than death itself-- is disappointing him. "I'm not what he thinks I am," he says. And though, personally, I agree with badass carl mine times out of ten over farmer Rick, carl wishes he could be more like his dad wants him to be.

Sorry. Went way off topic here, but that's the overall purpose of the attempted rape and subsequent mutilation scenes.

I'm a Guy I Hate Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills
    You are not. It was extremely obvious and an adaptation of a comic scene. Joe specifically said it and the guy was clearly about to rape him.

I'm a Gal I Hate Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills
    Quote Originally Posted by legendx66 View Post
    You are not. It was extremely obvious and an adaptation of a comic scene. Joe specifically said it and the guy was clearly about to rape him.
    I wouldn't say it was extremely obvious...especially to someone who has never read the comic but yes that is what was about to happen.

I'm a Gal I Love Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills
    Yes...that entire scene was pretty much straight from the comic book...but with cleaned up language.

I'm a Guy I Love Spoilers Haven't Read Comics
    Kills
    That guy was only trying to have a ticklefest with Carl and then they were going to play with Legos afterwards.

No seriously .. you weren't the only one to see that it was an attempt to rape Carl and Michonne was next.

I'm a Guy I Hate Spoilers Haven't Read Comics
    Kills
    Quote Originally Posted by adriemtaylor View Post
    That was his intentions, that was how it was in the comics. He was trying to unbuckle his belt and Joe said," We'll get the boy first and then the girl." But, he could of either been talking about killing them or raping them. But, yes it looks like Dan was trying to rape him. They also discussed it on The Talking Dead and that looked to be the case.
    That's absolutely disgusting. And it never crossed my mind. I thought the ugly guy was ruffing up Carl.

I'm glad all that gang are dead. If there's one peado, they must have all been paedos.

I'm a Gal I Love Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills
    Even blind people could see that redneck wanted to go all deliverance on carl...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast