The Walking Dead Forum Facebook
The Walking Dead Forum Twitter
The Walking Dead Google Plus
The Walking Dead Pinterest
The Walking Dead Forum

WHo else could have played rick grimes?

This is a discussion on WHo else could have played rick grimes? within the The Walking Dead Television Series forums, part of the The Walking Dead TV Series category. "Damn, I'm really having problems coming up with anyone. I liked the Samuel L. suggestion. "WALKERS, MOTHER ****ER! DO YOU ..."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Damn, I'm really having problems coming up with anyone. I liked the Samuel L. suggestion. "WALKERS, MOTHER ****ER! DO YOU KILL THEM?" Just entertaining that for now.

It's weird because I found Lincolns acting to be questionable at first. I thought he belonged in a soap opera. Is it just me, or is he getting way better? He pulled off the "I'm crazy as shit" thing so freaking well, and the grief scene? He nailed that shit. So I'm starting to really like him as an actor and I don't really want to think of anyone else playing the part.

Everyone I can think of is yeah, like, far too pretty boy. Denzel is a really good cop and crazy guy. And he can do emotions. I'm going with Denzel. I know they look nothing alike, but yeah, for that particular role, that would be pretty cool!
    Last edited by apiratesaysarrr; 02-21-2013 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Totally butchered Jules' line for TWD.

I'm a Gal I Hate Spoilers Haven't Read Comics
    Kills
    I like the Paul Walker option... ;)

If he wasn't playing Raylan Givens on "Justified", I can see Timothy Olyphant playing Rick.

I don't watch much TV, though, so those are about the only two I could see doing the role other than Andy Lincoln.

I'm a Gal I Love Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills
    The thing you all are forgetting is that whoever plays Rick CANNOT have a previously established persona in a movie or tv show. They have to be fresh so we totally believe them as Rick and don't have any baggage of previous roles they've played.

Quote Originally Posted by Alina View Post
    The thing you all are forgetting is that whoever plays Rick CANNOT have a previously established persona in a movie or tv show. They have to be fresh so we totally believe them as Rick and don't have any baggage of previous roles they've played.
    So then how do we know who they are? I nominate my sister's boyfriend then, ha ha. You all know him, he's the guy that talks like a surfer dude. He owns a gun . . .

I mean, most actors have a previously established persona as a character. I thought that's what happens when you become an actor. Like my Denzel nomination, obviously because he is always the same person, so maybe you're referring to that type of thing?

I'm just saying that most actors have played a character that people associate them with. Maybe a more diverse acting background? Okay, Leonardo DiCaprio. But I think he's too attractive, if you like that sort of thing. He's played many different kinds of characters. Is he too well-known? Did the OP say that we had to pick someone more fresh?

I'm a Gal I Hate Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills
    Leo is a good choice. The lost guy was too - although I didn't ever watch Lost. I don't think it matters how attractive they are. IMO, Andrew Lincoln is a baby face pretty boy when when he's not all Rick Grime'd up.

Andrew Lincoln has done a great job. I can't imagine anyone else in that role now.

I wonder who else auditioned for that part? If I remember right I think Reedus did but then they wrote Daryl for him. Didn't Jon B (Shane) also say he auditioned for Rick but was happy to get Shane then? He made a perfect Shane. Wonder who else auditioned for Rick?

What Dont We Do?
    I'm a Guy I Hate Spoilers Haven't Read Comics
    Kills
    Timothy Olyphant without question.

I'm a Gal I Hate Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills
    I love me some Andrew Lincoln, but I can see Timothy Olyphant ala The Crazies!

I'm a Guy I Hate Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills
    Quote Originally Posted by BarbDwyer View Post
    I wonder who else auditioned for that part? If I remember right I think Reedus did but then they wrote Daryl for him. Didn't Jon B (Shane) also say he auditioned for Rick but was happy to get Shane then? He made a perfect Shane. Wonder who else auditioned for Rick?
    On my first google search to try to answer this question, I learned a few neat things.

"Lincoln told The Sun: "When I auditioned, I looked like a zombie as my baby son had just been born and I hadn't slept for four days. Maybe that helped."

"Lincoln previously revealed that Shaun of the Dead star Simon Pegg taught him about zombies while he was filming the show." <<<That's awesome!

No luck so far in finding any info on other actors who auditioned though...

Kills
    Quote Originally Posted by Alina View Post
    Agreed. 80% of the Daryl fans like him because Reedus was in Boondock Saints. "Better not kill Daryl, Boondock Saints was such a good movie!"
    Last edited by RideTheSpiral; 02-21-2013 at 03:22 PM.

Kills
    Andrew Lincoln is Rick Grimes to me now but the shouts for Viggo Mortensen and Timothy Olyphant playing the part are probably the only ones I could imagine.

I always liken The Walking Dead to The Road with Mortensen so I could see him playing Rick perfectly.

I'm not sure how Olyphant would cope with the character but he is an actor I admire and I think he's an actor that doesn't get enough credit for how good he is.

Lincoln is Rick though, he's now typecast as Rick Grimes in my mind. Which is lucky for him because before he did The Walking Dead I associated him with being the slightly stalkerish, hopeless romantic from Love Actually.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast