Games to Play, Download or Pre-Order Now!

Gun Experts: Holster Rick uses

This is a discussion on Gun Experts: Holster Rick uses within the The Walking Dead Television Series forums, part of the The Walking Dead TV Series category. "Hi everyone, My first post. I know Rick uses a Colt Python (wasn't made in anything except .357), but what ..."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gun Experts: Holster Rick uses

Hi everyone,
    My first post.

I know Rick uses a Colt Python (wasn't made in anything except .357), but what holster is he using?
    It looks like a Jordan-style (AKA Border Patrol) holder with a swivel - possibly only front, maybe both?
    It has alot of cant outwards - very well known to gun people as the officers who always used the gun to rest their hand, or sat on it funny ways.

But anyways, back to the original question - anyone know what holster he's using?
    I want one in excellent condition.

No guesses, please, unless they are VERY close (and post pics to back up)

Thanks!

A stupid one. With the muzzle sticking out the end, he is asking to have a failed draw when the front sight catches. And possible damage to the sight, which means the impossible head shots just became more impossible.

Wow. How do you really feel?

Kills

i have found one very close to rick's

its not the cheapest and it doesnt have the swivel but they do make custom holsters so they might be able to do one with a swivel but this is the only holster i have found that matches close to it on http://www.texshoemaker.com/50-Jorda...on-Back-50.htm they also offer belts and speedloaders to match the holster again there not real cheap but its the best looking one i have found to match rick's,hope this helps in your search

I'm a Guy I Hate Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills
    I'm absolutely no gun expert, but there's certainly a possibility that it was made just for the show....

I'm a Guy I Love Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills
    I don't know, open carry in illegal in Texas :(

Kills
    Quote Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
    I don't know, open carry in illegal in Texas :(
    nyc residents would be so dead meat, thanx to Bloomberg and his gun laws..about the only kind of gun you can have is one that has a little flag that rolls out of the barrel that reads "BANG" on it! Check this out (fresh off the NYC gun law forum): - Rifle mags of more than 5 rounds are banned.
    - Pistol mags of more than 17 rounds or that protrude from the pistol's handgrip are banned
    .Any semiautomatic rifle with even one forbidden feature, such as a collapsible stock, pistol grip, bayonet lug or flash hider, is forbidden. If you are moving into NYC and already have handguns, you will be required to voucher your guns with NYPD or have them stored at a license dealer while your application is pending. You can also leave them out of state and forward them to a NYS licensed dealer once you have received your permit. - The ability to accept a detachable magazine is not a criteria to the NYC assault weapons ban. This means the FAB-10 is considered an illegal assault weapon.
    - All 5 district attorney's office in the City have a standing policy of not accepting plea bargains on weapons charges unless the offender takes jail time. For felony pistol possession (e.g., carrying a loaded gun outside your home), expect at least one year in the slammer. For the other, lesser violations, typical is a 3-4 weekend stay at Rikers. Weapons crimes are not taken lightly in NYC. For those visiting NYC from out of town, weigh this carefully if you decide to take a gun with you.
    - In addition, certain Boroughs have instituted "gun court", a court that only hears weapons cases. A defendant stands very little chance of getting a fair trial in gun court and can expect harsh punishment.

Being from Philly...it just makes me smirk!! Bye, bye you nutknicks! NYC = zombie feeding grounds...bon appetite
    Last edited by STRINGS; 03-09-2012 at 05:01 PM.

Kills
    Quote Originally Posted by STRINGS View Post
    nyc residents would be so dead meat, thanx to Bloomberg and his gun laws..about the only kind of gun you can have is one that has a little flag that rolls out of the barrel that reads "BANG" on it! Check this out (fresh off the NYC gun law forum): - Rifle mags of more than 5 rounds are banned.
    - Pistol mags of more than 17 rounds or that protrude from the pistol's handgrip are banned
    .Any semiautomatic rifle with even one forbidden feature, such as a collapsible stock, pistol grip, bayonet lug or flash hider, is forbidden. If you are moving into NYC and already have handguns, you will be required to voucher your guns with NYPD or have them stored at a license dealer while your application is pending. You can also leave them out of state and forward them to a NYS licensed dealer once you have received your permit.
    Being from Philly...it just makes me smirk!! Bye, bye you nutknicks! NYC = zombie feeding grounds...bon appetite
    Ya, I really feel for you guys in New York...especially NYC.

Kills
    I live in upstate New York and yeah, the gun laws in this State are ridiculous.

Kills
    Quote Originally Posted by Loc View Post
    I live in upstate New York and yeah, the gun laws in this State are ridiculous.
    I used to know some guys in NY and they would tell me all about it and how some areas are worse than others. I forget the area but they lived in an area that was a hire more relaxed. They all owned AR15's etc...even high cap magazines but they had to be per-bans.

Thankfully Open carry is one of the few things we can't do in Texas. We can own almost anything, suspressors, machine guns, 20 mm rifles etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast