The Prison to be filmed in downtown Senoia

This is a discussion on The Prison to be filmed in downtown Senoia within the The Walking Dead Television Series forums, part of the The Walking Dead TV Series category. "If any of y'all were wondering how and where they were going to film "the prison" in Season 3, I ..."

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

I'm a Guy I Hate Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills

Cool Edit: Wood**** to be filmed in downtown Senoia?

If any of y'all were wondering how and where they were going to film "the prison" in Season 3, I found the answer. I ran across this on my local newspaper's website. I can't wait til they start shooting, I will have some awesome pics of the town for you guys!

You can read the whole article here: http://www.times-herald.com/local/20...lking-dead-MOS

But here is an excerpt:

'Walking Dead' filming in Senoia regularly in month of May

BY W. WINSTON SKINNER WINSTON@NEWNAN.COM

Zombies are coming back to Coweta County in May, but if you stay in Senoia, you’ll be safe.

At least that’s the plot of the next season of “The Walking Dead,” which will be filming in Senoia on a regular basis this year.

Mike Riley and Seth Zimmerman with AMC Television attended the Senoia City Council meeting on Monday — telling the council that the film series will be shooting in Senoia throughout 2012 and possibly in 2013, too.

“The Walking Dead” is in its third season and has filmed in Senoia and in other locations in Coweta County. Senoia has been a site for filmmakers including “Fried Green Tomatoes,” “Pet Sematary 2” and television series including Lifetime’s “Drop Dead Diva.”

“Senoia’s going to become a major set for us,” Riley, location manager for the series, said. He has met with merchants and with Senoia city officials about the filming process.

“I’ve gone door-to-door. I’ve met all but two or three personally,” Riley said of the merchants. He said he has talked with merchants about “what we’d like to accomplish.”

While there has been some “Walking Dead” filming in Senoia in the past, the town is becoming a regular setting this season. “Senoia will become a town that is a sanctuary from the zombie apocalypse,” Riley said.

In the series, the town will be a place cordoned off from the zombie infested world outside. “You’re in a safe environment, If you’re outside it, you’re not,” Riley said. He said the town will be governed by “a benevolent dictator.”

The television crew will “build a temporary, movable perimeter wall,” Riley explained. Portions of Travis and Main streets will be closed to traffic at times during scenes that show the wall.

“It will look like a gate” made from “various paraphernalia — old tires, doors,” Riley said. The wall will be made so that is can be stored between episodes.

The block from Travis Street to Seavy Street “right now is being considered as our main set,” Riley said. An area of Johnson Street may also be used.

Some episodes may be almost entirely filmed in Senoia, and it is possible one or more episode might not be filmed in the town at all.

Cast and crew will arrive in Senoia on May 31 to film “the episode that premiers the town,” Riley said, “Once the town is established, it becomes a recurring location for us.”

“Walking Dead” has its principal set at Raleigh-Riverwood studio in Senoia.

For the first episode, “we’ll be filming in Senoia, for eight days,” Riley said. “We may be doing some filming at night in that episode. We may be filming at night for some of the other episodes, as well.”

Most filming will be done on weekdays.

While there is a general outline for the upcoming season, there are no scripts yet. Riley said he will know more about how much filming will need to be done in Senoia for each episode as the scripts are completed.

“We will have to control the traffic. Through traffic on Main Street will be diverted around us,” Riley said, adding that he is looking at alternatives for parking in the area.

Keeping daily life and commerce moving will be a priority, Riley promised. “How are people going to access these businesses? A lot of these businesses have back doors. Some of them don’t,” he noted.

“There are deliveries that take pace to the restaurants. There are deliveries that take place at Hollberg’s Furniture,” Riley said. UPS and similar companies “have to keep working,” he acknowledged.

The executive producer for “Walking Dead” is scheduled to arrive in Senoia today — to spend a few days. “Hopefully he’ll have some answers for us abut what he envisions in more detail,” Riley told the council.

Riley said grass would need to be left uncut in certain areas at times and said signs would be placed to let local residents know why the grass was high. He also said “anything we do to the buildings — anything we do to Senoia” will be put back in “as good or better shape when we pull out at the end of the season.”

Riley said the “Walking Dead” season of shooting will be different from what the town has experienced with previous productions.
    Last edited by Daniel Day; 04-07-2012 at 01:35 PM.

Very sweet news thanks!

I'm a Gal I Love Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills
    So awesome!!! Can't wait to hear more!!!

Kills
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Day View Post
    If any of y'all were wondering how and where they were going to film "the prison" in Season 3, I found the answer. I ran across this on my local newspaper's website. I can't wait til they start shooting, I will have some awesome pics of the town for you guys!

I smell road trip...

Kills
    Quote Originally Posted by STRINGS View Post
    I smell road trip...
    Wonder if we could arrange a meet for a bunch of us. That could be interesting.

Kills
    I think this is woodbury not the prison...

Kills
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFan946 View Post
    I think this is woodbury not the prison...
    Indeed. The town is Woodbury and the prison will be constructed at Raleigh Studios.

Kills
    Y'all may be right. I had not any one mention Woodbury as a story line so I didn't even think about it as a possibility.

Oh well, still every cool either way!And any of you guys/gals that want to meet up, I think that could be really fun. And I would be happy to show y'all all the sites since I line just down the road. Just let me know! :grin:

Mod note: I'm very sorry, Daniel. I accidentally hit "edit" when I was trying to reply and may have changed your post. I believe I restored it all, but my apologies if anythings missing.
    Last edited by Bassman; 04-04-2012 at 03:55 PM.

Kills
    if the governors in the series.....then woodburys most likely going to be in the series as well....the two go hand and hand.

I'm a Gal I Love Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Day View Post
    Y'all may be right. I had not any one mention Woodbury as a story line so I didn't even think about it as a possibility. Oh well, still every cool either way!And any of you guys/gals that want to meet up, I think that could be really fun. And I would be happy to show y'all all the sites since I line just down the road. Just let me know! :grin:
    I mentioned it but it was the other thread where Shelley posted the same news article!!

Woodbury makes more sense because they actually showed the shot of the prison at the end of the finale. The way the article described what they were using for building materials didn't exactly rings as a legit prison.

Again, I have not read the comics and I am only going on what I have read on my own or have seen discussed here.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast