Games to Play, Download or Pre-Order Now!

The walking dead Ridiculous/Unrealistic?

This is a discussion on The walking dead Ridiculous/Unrealistic? within the The Walking Dead Television Series forums, part of the The Walking Dead TV Series category. "swoefwpeifghweghiwpe. I just really like it?? I wish people could stop nit-picking the hell out of a good thing...."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I'm a Gal I Hate Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills
    swoefwpeifghweghiwpe.

I just really like it?? I wish people could stop nit-picking the hell out of a good thing.

Really, the only far-fetched concept the show has presented is the core concept of the show (a zombie apocalypse). I have my issues with the show at times but within the frame of a zombie apocalypse nothing has been unrealistic or unjustified, even, in my opinion.

At least nothing that I can think of off the top of my head, nothing that really stands out and bothers me.

I'm a Guy I Hate Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills
    Quote Originally Posted by mothra19 View Post

I just really like it?? I wish people could stop nit-picking the hell out of a good thing.
    It's a good thing to discuss these issues. Especially on this forum. It keeps things alive.

However, I agree that some people can't help but look a gift horse in the mouth...

I'm a Gal I Hate Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    It's a good thing to discuss these issues. Especially on this forum. It keeps things alive.

However, I agree that some people can't help but look a gift horse in the mouth...
    Oh definitely, I love talking about all sorts of issues and characters and story lines and such...but as far as it being realistic? It's a zombie show. If we can accept that then certain other things just have to be accepted along the way too.

i mean....its still a show
    a great one. everything i seen so far is well within reason..why not? lol

Thank you!

These people are all amazing shots. Maggie was scoring head shots at 30 yards w/a snub nose .38 revolver when they took the prison, they all make head shots on the run all the time. But when they get attacked they can't hit shit w/an AR 15, a very accurate rifle. The Gov stood still the whole time. Tons of stuff bugs the shit out of me! Like would you be standing around outside in the open when you know men w/military weaponry are coming to kill you any time? (Axel getting killed). Would someone really choose to keep a baby in this world...COME ON! Why did Rick leave Sophie alone? He has killed multiple walkers before, why did he have to lead them far away from her before doing it? Why not 50 yards where she could stay in sight. My girl hates watching w/me because I know about weapons and half the stuff is just BS. When Daryl pulled the arrow through his body, he pulled it the wrong way, you only pull it the same as entry when the tip has barbs. I know I'm probably an a-hole to watch the show with but I can't stand it. I hate know it alls!

I'm a Guy I Love Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills
    I love how these people that like to complain about the show are usually brand new to the forum. Nothing says "Troll" like using your first post ever to piss people off. LOL.

the only un-realistic thing is how they always score head shots,

Quote Originally Posted by zombiekiller222 View Post
    I get this feeling often. Some parts of the TV show really get rid of the atmosphere, the immersion that I've had. Parts like
    Spoiler!
    The series seems to be full of unlikely coincidences, ridiculous unbelievable moments and impossibilities that really detract from what I want to show to be. Season 1 and two I feel were very close to what I wanted the walking dead to be, but season 3 has started to become quite ridiculous IMO. Now, while this is my own opinion and I feel like most other people disagree, season 3 was the only season where this really, really bothered me. Anyhow, I've come here to discuss two things.

1. Was there some administrative reason (directer, e.t.c) for the differences between season 1/2 and 3
    2. Do these things bother you?

At the end of the day, I'll still be watching the walking dead, It's just I feel that the immersion is broken (season 3 especially).
    OK dude the walking dead is a TV show that came from a comic book which is about a group of people surviving a zombie apocalypse. You're complaining about a lack of realism!!!! Think about what you're saying here does that make any sense? I actually give AMC credit because they've done a good job at making this story seem like something that can really happen. I've been noticing that there's been a lot of haters on this forum lately. If you're looking for something more realistic go watch the Big Bang Theory on CBS, I actually like that show.

I also don't see a difference in realism in season 3. If anything the show got better. The things that I've noticed that seem to help with the realism are:

The fact that characters keep on dying. In a zombie apocalypse where people had to fight zombies and each other to survive you can count on people dying left and right. None of the characters turn into Rambo during the shooting scenes. People from both camps actually get shot and die which realistic because that happens during fire fights in real life.

Meryl and his sword-hand would make sense because he's living in a world where you just can't have 1 hand to fight with. The knife is a perfect melee weapon.

Woodbery seems like something that would eventually happen.

Don't see a problem with Daryle.

Don't see a problem with Michone

Don't get your point about the CDC

The only thing that I've noticed is that they seem to be getting weapons out of thin air. Where did that black assault rifle come from? What about all of the bullets?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast