The Walking Dead Forum Facebook
The Walking Dead Forum Twitter
The Walking Dead Google Plus
The Walking Dead Pinterest
The Walking Dead Forum

Daryl's Motorcycle

This is a discussion on Daryl's Motorcycle within the The Walking Dead TV Characters forums, part of the The Walking Dead TV Series category. "Man, I don't know if I would be riding around on that thing. It was loud as hell. I think ..."

Walking Dead Forums Weekly Giveaways
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I'm a Guy I Hate Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills

Daryl's Motorcycle

Man, I don't know if I would be riding around on that thing. It was loud as hell. I think that is the last thing you would want to ride. Even a crotch rocket would be better then that loud ass bike.

Kills

The gas can

While I do not cOndone hate crimes, the SS emblEm on the gas can was a nice touch for the character

I'm a Guy I Hate Spoilers Haven't Read Comics
    Kills
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing myself...while it looks bad ass, you would draw mad attention. I mean I hear those things come by my place in the summer, and its LOUD.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBrooks View Post
    While I do not cOndone hate crimes, the SS emblEm on the gas can was a nice touch for the character
    Welcome MaxBrooks! I missed the gas can...is that SS or lightening bolts?

Kills
    I've always suspected the bike is actually Merle's. You see it sitting around the camp in season one and rather than drive it, Daryl puts it in the back of his pick up truck. Seeing as how Merle was the one spouting the white power garbage and wearing the leather vests when we first meet him, I assumed it was his. Daryl just ditched his own pick up truck in favor of Merle's bike for season two.

There's a special feature on the new SE dvd set of season one where Laurie Holden is sitting on the bike and says "This is NOT MINE" while pointing at the logo. lol

Kills
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
    Ye
    Welcome MaxBrooks! I missed the gas can...is that SS or lightening bolts?

The double lightning bolt is the emblem of the Waffen SS. Its so funny when people sport nazi emblems in America. Hitler planned to kill everyone in America, because of the racial intermingling, unlike the true Aryans that were called back to Deutschland prior to America's involvement in WW2.

Kills
    That gotta be the stupidest transport option ever. I have often thought that a bike would be handy in the early days, as one would think that there would be cars everywhere, and it's easier to duck down footpaths, back alleys, and across parks and stuff with a bike. But certainly not that one!

I would be thinking an "adventure" bike, like a BMW 1200 GS, or the like, a good mix of off and on road ability, and plenty fast. And quiet. The GSs also have big-ass pannier systems to carry all the stuff when you're out looting.

Kills
    By the time the walkers hear the bike, he's long gone. Should he run into a "herd", then he'll see them coming and ditch the bike for the comfort of the camper or one of the cars.

Much like the charger's alarm in season one, the sound of the bike would be hard for the walkers to pinpoint. By the time they figured it out, he's gone. His only real danger is running into a mob of the undead. But he could see that coming.

Kills
    One thing not really covered is the danger of gangs of marauders. There are obviously other pockets of survivors, not all will be friendly, especialy to groups which have women and supplies.
    I'd be looking for one of these:

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    I've always suspected the bike is actually Merle's.
    GOOD CALL!!! Confirmed last night in ep 2 when Dartyl gets his brothers stash out of the bike-bag.

Kills
    Quote Originally Posted by AVC View Post
    One thing not really covered is the danger of gangs of marauders. There are obviously other pockets of survivors, not all will be friendly, especialy to groups which have women and supplies.
    I'd be looking for one of these
    Spoiler!
    Unless of course you have read the comics!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast