The Walking Dead Forum Facebook
The Walking Dead Forum Twitter
The Walking Dead Google Plus
The Walking Dead Pinterest
The Walking Dead Forum

Norman says against having Carol/Darly hook up?

This is a discussion on Norman says against having Carol/Darly hook up? within the The Walking Dead TV Characters forums, part of the The Walking Dead TV Series category. "Originally Posted by SerenitysMommy I wouldnt mind seeing Daryl hook up with Carol. I felt he was starting to have ..."

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 80
  1. #51

    Felicia's Avatar
    I'm a Gal I Love Spoilers Haven't Read Comics
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Kills
    1,975
    Quote Originally Posted by SerenitysMommy View Post
    I wouldnt mind seeing Daryl hook up with Carol. I felt he was starting to have feelings for her in the search for Sophia. But maybe I read too much into why he searched for her so hard.

    If Merle comes back in season 3, I'm afraid Daryl will completely lose the soft side we have been seeing of him, which means he probably wouldnt hook up with Carol.
    I think he searched so hard because if gave him something to hope for... which in any kind of apocalypse is a lot more valuable than sexual gratification. (I know you didn't say this... I am just making a point) Anyway... if Carol and Daryl do hook up, the really important thing is that it's going to be hell on us coming up with one of those catchy couple names for them. .... ..... I got nothing. Anybody?

  2. #52

    Felicia's Avatar
    I'm a Gal I Love Spoilers Haven't Read Comics
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Kills
    1,975
    Quote Originally Posted by SerenitysMommy View Post
    Carols husband was like that to her to gain control and keep her submissive. Daryl I think did it to try and push her away, as they were starting to get close. Which I think scared him a bit. You have to remember, Daryl has never actually had anyone there for him, his worthless brother not withstanding.

    So, I really dont feel its fair to compare Daryl to Ed.
    Also... they made a point of it to show Daryl standing their and watching her literally beat Ed's brains out with that shovel... He might be approaching with caution. Who'd blame him?

  3. #53
    SerenitysMommy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
    Kills
    56
    Argh, I actually am not a fan of the catchy couple names. It totally takes away from the individuality of the people involved in the relationship. Besides, the best thing I could come up with was Daryl + Carol = Caryl. Which is lame, I admit lol. IF they do hook up, I would hope that the sex part takes them quite a while. They need to grow as a couple, and as their own persons, before sex is brought into it. I feel they can draw strength and wisdom from each other. If nothing else, I hope they at least become close.

    And I agree with you completly on why Daryl searched so hard for Sophia, when you put it that way. It gave him something to hope for...and in that world, Im sure any hope, for anything, is better than none.

  4. #54
    SerenitysMommy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
    Kills
    56
    ROFL that is true about her with the shovel....that woman does have some spunk in her when it counts, doesnt she??

  5. #55

    Felicia's Avatar
    I'm a Gal I Love Spoilers Haven't Read Comics
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Kills
    1,975
    Quote Originally Posted by SerenitysMommy View Post
    Argh, I actually am not a fan of the catchy couple names. It totally takes away from the individuality of the people involved in the relationship. Besides, the best thing I could come up with was Daryl + Carol = Caryl. Which is lame, I admit lol. IF they do hook up, I would hope that the sex part takes them quite a while. They need to grow as a couple, and as their own persons, before sex is brought into it. I feel they can draw strength and wisdom from each other. If nothing else, I hope they at least become close.

    And I agree with you completly on why Daryl searched so hard for Sophia, when you put it that way. It gave him something to hope for...and in that world, Im sure any hope, for anything, is better than none.
    I think that after a lifetime of not having it, Daryl likes having someone believe in him, and while there are hordes of flesh eating creatures out there, maybe thats enough for now.

  6. #56

    Felicia's Avatar
    I'm a Gal I Love Spoilers Haven't Read Comics
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Kills
    1,975
    Quote Originally Posted by SerenitysMommy View Post
    ROFL that is true about her with the shovel....that woman does have some spunk in her when it counts, doesnt she??
    That is one of those scenes I remember the most from season one...thinking MAN... that woman hated that guy, and then thinking I wonder what Daryl thinks of that while he stood their watching her like he soooooo didn't want to be the one to have to take the shovel from her.

  7. #57
    SerenitysMommy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
    Kills
    56
    I think that after a lifetime of not having it, Daryl likes having someone believe in him, and while there are hordes of flesh eating creatures out there, maybe thats enough for now.
    I would hit "thanks" on that post Felicia, but for some reason that button is not there.

    Agree with you completely! I could not of worded it better myself.

  8. #58

    Felicia's Avatar
    I'm a Gal I Love Spoilers Haven't Read Comics
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Kills
    1,975
    Quote Originally Posted by SerenitysMommy View Post
    Argh, I actually am not a fan of the catchy couple names. It totally takes away from the individuality of the people involved in the relationship. Besides, the best thing I could come up with was Daryl + Carol = Caryl. Which is lame, I admit lol. IF they do hook up, I would hope that the sex part takes them quite a while. They need to grow as a couple, and as their own persons, before sex is brought into it. I feel they can draw strength and wisdom from each other. If nothing else, I hope they at least become close.

    And I agree with you completly on why Daryl searched so hard for Sophia, when you put it that way. It gave him something to hope for...and in that world, Im sure any hope, for anything, is better than none.
    haha I think Caryl is really the only possibility! That or Carly and that... that's just no fun. I was just trying to lighten things up in the thread.

  9. #59
    SerenitysMommy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
    Kills
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    That is one of those scenes I remember the most from season one...thinking MAN... that woman hated that guy, and then thinking I wonder what Daryl thinks of that while he stood their watching her like he soooooo didn't want to be the one to have to take the shovel from her.
    Sure cant blame her for beating him like that tho. All the times he beat her...it was his turn. Then, in season 2 when she admits that Ed was "looking at his daughter"....how do you live with that? I think that one line right there showed so much more into why she went to town with that shovel in season 1.

  10. #60

    Felicia's Avatar
    I'm a Gal I Love Spoilers Haven't Read Comics
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Kills
    1,975
    Quote Originally Posted by SerenitysMommy View Post
    Sure cant blame her for beating him like that tho. All the times he beat her...it was his turn. Then, in season 2 when she admits that Ed was "looking at his daughter"....how do you live with that? I think that one line right there showed so much more into why she went to town with that shovel in season 1.
    Yeah... I think that Ed pretty much spent their marriage earning that brain bashing with that shovel. It will be interesting to see what happens from here. I know what happened to her in the comic, but the show deviates enough from it that I really don't know what they are going to do with her. Looking forward to finding out!!


Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •