The Walking Dead Forum Facebook
The Walking Dead Forum Twitter
The Walking Dead Google Plus
The Walking Dead Pinterest
The Walking Dead Forum

Why is Rick so mad at Lori

This is a discussion on Why is Rick so mad at Lori within the The Walking Dead TV Characters forums, part of the The Walking Dead TV Series category. "Originally Posted by Roman'sRevenge Why does Rick hate Lori? She cheated on him with his best friend. And kept it ..."

Walking Dead Forums Weekly Giveaways
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman'sRevenge View Post
    Why does Rick hate Lori? She cheated on him with his best friend. And kept it from Rick.Yes cheated! Sarah Wayne Callies has said it, Robert Kirkman has said it, Glen Mazzara has said it & Andrew Lincoln has said it. Everyone has said it except for a few that believe she did nothing wrong. Moving on. She treats her husband like s**t. Always starting fights with him, emotionally abusive to him. Has pity parties because she constantly wants his attention. Got knocked up not knowing who the daddy was and kept it from Rick, tried to abort the baby until he busted her on it. Then gets into a tirade with him about keeping the baby or not. Self centered and selfish bitch. Isn't that enough.
    So if rick had been dead would it have been cheating? You cant cheat on your dead husband and Lori full heartedly believed her husband was dead, and once she found out he was alive she was fully devoted to Rick and completely done with Shane, Rick seamed to understand that and not completely resent her in season 2, as he does now in the first half of season 3, and honestly in the ZA i think adultry is like #100 on the list of Ricks 99 problems, and i know that if it were to happen to me and my wife and my best friend and he were to go crazy and die by my hands i would love that baby as my own and as a matter of fact see it as a blessing that I still had a piece of my old best friend, and Lori has been a faithful, submissive, supportive, loving wife for Rick since the moment he got back they have had their petty squables as all long term relationship couples do and will, but thats no reason to start to utterly resent her as he all of a sudden now does

I'm a Guy I Love Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills
    Why does Rick hate Lori? She cheated on him with his best friend. And kept it from Rick.Yes cheated! Sarah Wayne Callies has said it, Robert Kirkman has said it, Glen Mazzara has said it & Andrew Lincoln has said it. Everyone has said it except for a few that believe she did nothing wrong. Moving on. She treats her husband like s**t. Always starting fights with him, emotionally abusive to him. Has pity parties because she constantly wants his attention. Got knocked up not knowing who the daddy was and kept it from Rick, tried to abort the baby until he busted her on it. Then gets into a tirade with him about keeping the baby or not. Self centered and selfish bitch. Isn't that enough.
    I don' think she was ever emotionally abusive. Now that I think about it I wonder why Rick would make her keep the baby knowing she had to have a c section last time.

I'm a Gal I Love Spoilers Haven't Read Comics
    Kills
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    So if rick had been dead would it have been cheating? You cant cheat on your dead husband and Lori full heartedly believed her husband was dead, and once she found out he was alive she was fully devoted to Rick and completely done with Shane, Rick seamed to understand that and not completely resent her in season 2, as he does now in the first half of season 3, and honestly in the ZA i think adultry is like #100 on the list of Ricks 99 problems, and i know that if it were to happen to me and my wife and my best friend and he were to go crazy and die by my hands i would love that baby as my own and as a matter of fact see it as a blessing that I still had a piece of my old best friend, and Lori has been a faithful, submissive, supportive, loving wife for Rick since the moment he got back they have had their petty squables as all long term relationship couples do and will, but thats no reason to start to utterly resent her as he all of a sudden now does
    She has not been supportive or submissive or loving wife. She was always pissed off at him for some reason or another. And just because he accepted the fact that his wife was a cheating whore doesn't mean he forgave and forgot. Did you not see the end of Secrets that when she told him about the affair and the baby? The look Rick had of betrayal and the deep hurt, she might as well as stuck a knife in him and twisted it. As for the baby? Did you not see 18 miles out and the fight he had with Shane for sleeping with his wife? How angry Rick was with Shane. Lori was pissed off and angry with Rick before the ZA happened. You think with all that Rick was just supposed to go okay all is forgiven? He had every right to be angry with Lori. She said it herself. After all I put my husband through, he hates me.

She has not been supportive or submissive or loving wife. She was always pissed off at him for some reason or another. And just because he accepted the fact that his wife was a cheating whore doesn't mean he forgave and forgot. Did you not see the end of Secrets that when she told him about the affair and the baby? The look Rick had of betrayal and the deep hurt, she might as well as stuck a knife in him and twisted it. As for the baby? Did you not see 18 miles out and the fight he had with Shane for sleeping with his wife? How angry Rick was with Shane. Lori was pissed off and angry with Rick before the ZA happened. You think with all that Rick was just supposed to go okay all is forgiven? He had every right to be angry with Lori. She said it herself. After all I put my husband through, he hates me.
    I never felt Rick was incredibly angry with Shane even in the begining of 18 miles of course he had to put it to him sternly but nothing that he couldnt get past Rick always tried to forgive him, Shane was angry with Rick for merely surviving and finding them, i just dont see petty things like infidelity as an issue with their lives being at risk every day, and she thought he was dead, honestly believed it i dont see it as cheating personally, and i cant wrap my head around him being upset with her about it when he wasnt before i understand a lot of stress in the life they live in so where does he find the time to stop and dwell on emotional issues

I'm a Gal I Love Spoilers Haven't Read Comics
    Kills
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    I never felt Rick was incredibly angry with Shane even in the begining of 18 miles of course he had to put it to him sternly but nothing that he couldnt get past Rick always tried to forgive him, Shane was angry with Rick for merely surviving and finding them, i just dont see petty things like infidelity as an issue with their lives being at risk every day, and she thought he was dead, honestly believed it i dont see it as cheating personally, and i cant wrap my head around him being upset with her about it when he wasnt before i understand a lot of stress in the life they live in so where does he find the time to stop and dwell on emotional issues
    Rick always kept everything in. At the end of Beside The Dying Fire. Rick made it very clear even to Lori, how things were. If no one liked they way he went about doing things they were free to walk. After what when down in Secrets, Rick told her " I can't live like this anymore, we can't live like this. WTF do you think he meant? And when he told her he killed Shane and how she moved away from him, final blow. He needed her for support and comfort and she just pushed him away. How do you think that made him feel? He was still angry and hurting by what she had done and she just added to it .

I'm a Guy I Hate Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills
    Rick always kept everything in. At the end of Beside The Dying Fire. Rick made it very clear even to Lori, how things were. And when he told her he killed Shane and how she moved away from him, final blow. He needed her for support and comfort and she just pushed him away. How do you think that made him feel? He was still angry and hurting by what she had done and she just added to it .
    My impression is that Lori thought Rick intentionally let Carl put down Shane.

Rick never corrected Lori because her reaction was the last straw. Rick was now protecting her and the baby out of obligation instead of love. Any chance for them to reconcile was lost when Andrew let the walkers inside the prison.

I'm a Gal I Love Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills
    I read this thread earlier and I got to thinking. I have not read a single instance where ANY of the actors actually stated that Lori did, for a fact, cheat on Rick.

I even went on the hunt down for some articles the last couple hours and found nothing. So if the person who stated this could find some links to back up the supposed facts, that would be awesome.

Only reason I say this is because I have yet to see a single article mention this AT ALL. I have read loads and loads of TWD articles and not once have I seen one stating any of that!

did he just stay pissed at her for those 9 months she was preggo?

Kills
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuy0965 View Post
    did he just stay pissed at her for those 9 months she was preggo?
    With the exception of a brief stay at a storage unit, the group had spent the winter running.

Rick just didn't want to deal with Lori. That's how he deals with his pain and grief.

Kills
    Rick was doin' stuff. Thangs.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast