Games to Play, Download or Pre-Order Now!

Which Actor Should Play Negan on the Show?

This is a discussion on Which Actor Should Play Negan on the Show? within the The Walking Dead Spoilers forums, part of the The Walking Dead TV Series category. "I know this is a long way down the line, but any early favorites for who should play Negan whenever ..."

Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast
    I'm a Guy I Hate Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills

Which Actor Should Play Negan on the Show?

I know this is a long way down the line, but any early favorites for who should play Negan whenever he is introduced to the television show? It's basically inevitable he will be a major antagonist on this show, probably the next. So who do you like?

For me, it's James Purefoy. I'm not sure if anyone else watches the Following, but he's carrying that show with Bacon right now playing the serial killer role. He's just a natural fit as a villian and really quite believable as Negan as he plays the power hungry, brutal, extremely manipulative and charming sociopath very well.

Also, he should have been the Governor in my opinion. He looks much like the comic Gov with shorter hair.

Last edited by Sterling; 03-19-2013 at 10:14 AM.

Oh fun thread!

Eric Bana did an awesome job in Chopper and I could see him being a good Negan.

Sorry I can't link right now :)
    Last edited by 4nomads; 03-19-2013 at 10:29 AM.

Rob Lowe works for me. Classic features with a hint of lechery.

Or Guy Pearce, he was utterly hateful as the key antagonist in Lawless.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
    I know this is a long way down the line, but any early favorites for who should play Negan whenever he is introduced to the television show? It's basically inevitable he will be a major antagonist on this show, probably the next. So who do you like?

For me, it's James Purefoy. I'm not sure if anyone else watches the Following, but he's carrying that show with Bacon right now playing the serial killer role. He's just a natural fit as a villian and really quite believable as Negan as he plays the power hungry, brutal, extremely manipulative and charming sociopath very well.

Also, he should have been the Governor in my opinion. He looks much like the comic Gov with shorter hair.

Hey, man! Sweet avatar, got a feeling you'll like mine too, he he. Lucky you live in GB! Sigh. Only been there once, one of the best days of my life. And that was Dec. 23rd. Waited 26 effing years for that. Dad waited 56.

Steve Buschemi. Ha ha ha. Seriously, I mean, he kind of has a maniacal look about him, but maybe we could find someone larger, like John Goodman. Okay, I'll stop jokingly listing the cast of The Big Lebowski.

I hope that they'll get the that arc on the show. That stuff is. . . wow.

Guy Pierce was a pretty good one! I think I might have to agree with that one. I don't know if I could come up with anything better, really. The gov. looks completely different from the comic gov. I don't know. They might go with a pretty boy for this one again. Wouldn't surprise me.

I'm a Guy I Hate Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills
    Quote Originally Posted by apiratesaysarrrr View Post
    Hey, man! Sweet avatar, got a feeling you'll like mine too, he he. Lucky you live in GB! Sigh. Only been there once, one of the best days of my life. And that was Dec. 23rd. Waited 26 effing years for that. Dad waited 56.

Steve Buschemi. Ha ha ha. Seriously, I mean, he kind of has a maniacal look about him, but maybe we could find someone larger, like John Goodman. Okay, I'll stop jokingly listing the cast of The Big Lebowski.

I hope that they'll get the that arc on the show. That stuff is. . . wow.

Guy Pierce was a pretty good one! I think I might have to agree with that one. I don't know if I could come up with anything better, really. The gov. looks completely different from the comic gov. I don't know. They might go with a pretty boy for this one again. Wouldn't surprise me.
    Packer fans unite :D. Haha but yeah GB is pretty sweet. Definitely not for everyone, but fun for the right crowd. Wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Although I'm currently in Milwaukee for college.

Side note: I was actually at that game in Chicago. That was the best day of my life haha. Thought I was going to die when we won, but at least I would have went out happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
    Packer fans unite :D. Haha but yeah GB is pretty sweet. Definitely not for everyone, but fun for the right crowd. Wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Although I'm currently in Milwaukee for college.

Side note: I was actually at that game in Chicago. That was the best day of my life haha. Thought I was going to die when we won, but at least I would have went out happy.
    Ah! That was like, one of my favorite games ever! I know, I've seen two SB's (well, three, but I'm not counting one, he he) and I just really loved the first time I saw the Raji dance. Gotta love an NT getting a pick six!

We drove from Indiana, about seven hours. I hoped I didn't die on the way there, but the way back, I knew I'd be fine with it, ha ha. Helped that we squashed them 55-7.

Boyfriend of eight years is a Steelers fan, though. Ain't that some shit? I wished he was a freaking Bears fan the night of the last SB, my god.

I'm a Guy I Love Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills

Patrick mother****ing Warburton.

It's who I read his voice in.

Nobody lean or lanky. One thing that strikes me about Negan is that he basically looks like a henchman who'd be "the muscle" and subverts villain expectations.

If Steven Seagal was about 20 years younger he would be the best choice

I'm a Gal I Hate Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills
    I don't know enough actors to have an opinion on who specifically but more important that build, IMO, is to get someone that can pull off being very cocky/sadistic and kind of hyper.

Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast