The Walking Dead Forum Facebook
The Walking Dead Forum Twitter
The Walking Dead Google Plus
The Walking Dead Pinterest
The Walking Dead Forum

Daryl and Beth

This is a discussion on Daryl and Beth within the The Walking Dead Spoilers forums, part of the The Walking Dead TV Series category. "Originally Posted by whitestar1 No beth is still 17 maybe 18. It was stated in season 3 when axel made ..."

Walking Dead Forums Weekly Giveaways
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    I'm a Gal I Love Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills
    Quote Originally Posted by whitestar1 View Post
    No beth is still 17 maybe 18.
    It was stated in season 3 when axel made a pass at her that she was 17
    and seeing how season 4 is set only 6 months later she could still be 17.

If the show is going to hook Daryl up with anyone its going to be either Carol are michonne.
    Forgot about the whole Axel scene. He seems like he would be more of a big brother to her. Her protector, not a "boyfriend".

I'm a Gal I Love Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills
    Beth is a character I feel should be developed outside from a romantic relationship. To this point, she dated two guys who were both redshirts and nothing ever came out from this. I need to see her grow up on her own. I want to see how a teen like her manages to cope with the pain of losing her family and grow stronger from it. I like her deleted scene with Carl where they both talk about their families and how they perceive death/heaven. It was a really beautiful conversation between two teens who are experiencing the worst way to grow up in this world. I don't think she needs a romantic relationship right now. I'm not even sure she would be up to it after all that is going on in her life at the moment.

She needs to find her place in this world, to realize that it's okay to cry and to feel emotions, that you have to embrace everything if you want to move on, etc. Really, that's what I wish for her. If she becomes Daryl's love interest, you can forget about her development because people will only talk about superficial stuff where Beth is concerned. And I don't want that for her. She has been around for a long time and she deserves to have a storyline all about her, not about what she could bring to Daryl. Anyway, that's how I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Walker689 View Post
    Are they playing dead at the end? I can't tell.
    If they were running from the hunters, there'd be no point in playing dead, because The Hunters would eat them anyways... I wonder.

I'm a Guy I Love Spoilers Have Read Comics
    Kills

If the show is going to hook Daryl up with anyone its going to be either Carol are michonne.
    We don't know if Beth was 17 years and 2 months old or 17 years, 11 months and 29 days old. So, now Beth may be 17 and 6 or 7 months or 18 and 4, 5 months old.

However, I don't want to see a romantic relationship between Beth and Daryl. Beth is too old for Daryl, and even if it were not so, Daryl belongs to T-Dog.

Kills
    Quote Originally Posted by TWDlover92 View Post
    Beth is a character I feel should be developed outside from a romantic relationship. To this point, she dated two guys who were both redshirts and nothing ever came out from this. I need to see her grow up on her own. I want to see how a teen like her manages to cope with the pain of losing her family and grow stronger from it. I like her deleted scene with Carl where they both talk about their families and how they perceive death/heaven. It was a really beautiful conversation between two teens who are experiencing the worst way to grow up in this world. I don't think she needs a romantic relationship right now. I'm not even sure she would be up to it after all that is going on in her life at the moment.

She needs to find her place in this world, to realize that it's okay to cry and to feel emotions, that you have to embrace everything if you want to move on, etc. Really, that's what I wish for her. If she becomes Daryl's love interest, you can forget about her development because people will only talk about superficial stuff where Beth is concerned. And I don't want that for her. She has been around for a long time and she deserves to have a storyline all about her, not about what she could bring to Daryl. Anyway, that's how I see it.
    One of the most beautiful post i've ever read♫

Quote Originally Posted by TWDlover92 View Post

That's exactly why I don't want too much of romance in the show...
    See what happened to Glenn and Maggie, as much as I love them as a couple (yeah I'm a girl, I think they're cute together), I think it didn't really help their character's development. Now they're known as "the loverbirds". I'm kinda glad they're split actually, but that's another subject.

Back to the topic, Beth will have her time to shine by herself. Now, with Hershel's death, the loss of the prison and Maggie out of sight, there is enough material for her to grow up. She deserves it in my opinion. A romance with Daryl would only slow her development down.
    And frankly, any romance in the back season is not necessary, they'll have a lot more things to think about before that (finding shelter, reuniting with the others, trying not to die...)

How do you know she's still 17?
    I know she said she was in that episode, but we don't know how long she had been 17. Her birthday could have been the next day or a week later. She could very well be 18 by now.

The last thing I would want is for Michonne to get stuck with Daryl. Daryl doesn't seem to be interested in anyone so I wouldn't be surprised if they just left him single.

I think Daryl and Beth will hook up. If they have a little boy, they can name him Merlshel to honor both Daryls bro and Beths dad.

Quote Originally Posted by JEA13 View Post
    I think Daryl and Beth will hook up. If they have a little boy, they can name him Merlshel to honor both Daryls bro and Beths dad.
    got to admit, i laughed for some reason.

Kills
    Quote Originally Posted by JEA13 View Post
    What's that? Daryl and Beth's kid? Or a new ship? In the last case, I think Hershel is too young for Merle. Maybe with Carl...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast