Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

More importantly...wtf is wrong with Maggie??

Discussion in 'Episode 616 - Last Day on Earth' started by ZombieAndTeal, Apr 4, 2016.

1. ZombieAndTeal

ZombieAndTeal Member

She is maybe 8-10weeks pregnant, and presenting with acute abdominal pain and fever. I have had 3 babies and never experienced anything like that. Some have suggested it's an ectopic pregnancy, but remember she had a scan at hilltop and the foetus could be seen in the womb, so that isn't possible. It's also been suggested that the baby has died and is zombie munching her insides - again, this is unlikely seeing as an 8 week old foetus is tiny, has no jaw, and no teeth with which to munch. I wonder whether it's actually unrelated to the pregnancy - like maybe her appendix - which a quick visit to the hilltop doctor will determine. But I'll have to wait 6 months to discover the truth behind this particular cliffhanger. What a bummer.

2. mfinley

mfinley Member

The simple answer isn't always the most obvious, but it's often the one that ends up being correct.

Bad chinese food

3. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Not even possible,no kitties in Apocalypse.

4. Laurieellen

Laurieellen Well-Known Member

It's really just the baby having a hissy fit in the womb over his mother getting that hideous haircut.

5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Its rectoretinitis.

6. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

It must be related to the 'beatings' that she received while in the 'kill floor' house. In the shower scene, there are at least 2 bruises on her lower back. A 'miscarriage' is going to happen. I don't think they can have 2 babies in the same show.

7. calliope

calliope Active Member

Everything you've said here is correct. Hopefully they'll come up with something that is actually medically plausible--like appendicitis or a kidney infection/stone and not just blame it on the pregnancy.

8. Komodia

Komodia Member

She could of had a miscarriage and perhaps now has an infection, not all pregnancies are the same, but could be something else unrelated. Just because the pregnancy is early in weeks doesn't mean the person may not have problems with it.

9. Andy

Andy Member

There was very few medically plausible facts attached to that diabetic chick we saw earlier this season. I don't think the writers go out of their way to make medical facts 100% accurate on this show. I assumed Maggie was having a miscarriage in the last episode but that was just a guess on my part.

10. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

The more important question is how Negan knew she was sick and would need to go to Hilltop. WTF?

11. zero7starz

zero7starz Member

Yea that's what I'd like to know...

12. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

Not that this show has a great medical track record, but that not how miscarriages show. She would be spotting blood, or full on bleeding. It not an eptopic pregnancy, her scan showed uterine implantation. Its way too early for implications like eclampsia.

She looks like she has some kind of infection (the fever, the sweating, the pallor), either viral or bacterial.

13. Komodia

Komodia Member

Not all miscarriages, she could of had a missed miscarriage. That's when the fetus has died but didn't expel out, it happens more often in the early weeks of pregnancies and if the fetal tissue isn't removed it can cause infection or cause the person to bleed out when it finally does expel out.

14. Cat'sMeow

Cat'sMeow Member

But Glenn is Korean.

15. Spartangal22

Spartangal22 Member

She has IPS - Inconvenient Pregnancy Syndrome. Symptoms include: remaining skinny and feeling perfectly fine despite significant beating and general emotional stress, followed be sudden and intense random stomach pains, fever, and unconsciousness at the most unfortunate time humanly possible.

But seriously, I actually asked the same thing to the only person I was watching the episode with who had had kids. The explanation about her miscarrying due to the earlier encounter with the Saviors makes sense. Her going out on that mission was the worst decision she's ever made.

16. jojo

jojo Member

I wonder if it's gallbladder. I don't know how she can stand wear those tight jeans in so much pain.

17. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

Blighted ovum is possible, but infection is rare. I still think the series isnt to be trusted to account for genuine medical occurances , but it seems like genuine sickness rather than pg related. But...drama...so....

18. calliope

calliope Active Member

I'd guess that they were waiting and watching for them to make any kind of a group move outside of the ASZ. It just so happened that events transpired to have them take the RV with such a large group. Good luck for Negan.

Also, a convenient plot device.

19. jojo

jojo Member

See this is the whole thing that gets me. Maggies health issue and Daryl needing medical help and maybe even a blood transfusion would've been cliffhanger enough..

20. YR38

YR38 Member

They didn't, I think the idea the writers were going for is that the Saviors were waiting for Rick and Co. to go out looking for Daryl/Glenn/Michonne/Rosita since they were all on a run and hadn't returned over a lengthy amount of time. Just a coincidence that they ended up needing to go to the Hilltop, same outcome different reason