Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

161 discussion

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Comic Series' started by HondaS2kXD, Dec 7, 2016.

1. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

STORY: ROBERT KIRKMAN
    ART: CHARLIE ADLARD, STEFANO GAUDIANO & CLIFF RAHTBURN
    COVER A: CHARLIE ADLARD & DAVE STEWART
    (above)
    COVER B: ARTHUR ADAMS & NATHAN FAIRBAIRN (below)
    DECEMBER 7 | 32 Pages | Black & White | Mature | $2.99

THE WHISPERER WAR PART 5

2. HondaS2kXD

Pretty good issue.

3. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

It's unfortunate that Dwight wasn't sleeping at the Hilltop, and people forgot about him or no one cared enough about him to warn him to get out and he burned to death, but I think that would be too quick of a way for him to die.

4. Walkers_TWD

Walkers_TWD Well-Known Member

Still hate Dwight even now in this story arc?ive actually liked him during this whisperer war:zombies_rolleyes:
    I loved this issue though ! Sophia worrying for Carl was sweet. Sophia a badass awesome ! And that panel of when they won and Hershel holding his moms leg was adorable. Glad everyone survived at Hilltop I was the most worried for them.
    Guessing all the major casualties are gonna be at Alexandria after the "Army" returns. *prays for Andreas safety* And damn Sherry you ungrateful bitch you'd still be banging Negan if it wasn't for him,guess she liked living under his rule :zombies_lol:

5. HondaS2kXD

Yeah. Burning is a good ingredient in the recipe for his final moments (or hours, ideally) but not quite enough on its own.

I will hate him until the glorious day a character (good, bad, or unknown passerby is irrelevant) is shown cleaning the good side of his face from the tread pattern on the bottom of his or her shoes.

He's been slightly less of a bitch than usual lately. But this is a long-held, deep hate. Like, tomorrow, Piers Morgan could sacrifice himself to save a bus load of children from falling into a saarlac pit and my first reaction would be, "haha." It's like that.

6. Walkers_TWD

Walkers_TWD Well-Known Member

He will probably be here for a long while though I dont see him dying anytime soon tbh.
    . And it just clicked to me that it's Sherry who Kirkman was probably talking about there being a female villian that we've already seen before back in one of the Letterhacks . Dwight is probably gonna be who kills her

7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Pretty good issue. I didn't even remember that Connie had been bitten. Or maybe we just discovered that this issue? I'll have to go back and reread issue 160.

A lot has to happen in the next issue in order for it to be true that all 16 of those people from the back panel of issue 158 [157?] will have drastically different lives. We've been shown a hint, possibly a troll, that

8. Laurieellen

Laurieellen Well-Known Member

I missed that statement but that makes a lot of sense.

9. EvieE

EvieE Member

I really hope they don't drag out the Sherry is trying to take over storyline too long, I'd like to see them quickly take her out and then figure out what to do next after this. Hopefully this will teach them that they are stronger together as a community instead of splitting up and going their own seperate ways.

10. HondaS2kXD

i could swear I remember Kirkman saying in a Letter Hacks from way back before Rick and co reached Alexandria, something to the effect that even if they make it to DC (where they were headed) their story wouldn't end there. Maybe everything is destroyed in a final battle with the whisperers and their herd, and they have to go looking for and team up with the group Eugene has been talking to.

11. Neuropyramidal

That was my theory that I mentioned a couple issues ago, but slightly different. I theorized that half the group would go to Ohio [led my Eugene], and another half would go to Oceanside [led by Rick]. I personally would love to see them become nomadic again for awhile.

12. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Very good issue. Surprised that no one of anykind of importance died in the Hilltop battle though. And especially surprised that characters like Dante and Brianne didn't get killed off. Kirkman is really starting to develop Sophia's crush on Carl now. Be interesting if he starts giving Lydia more importance to the story other than being Carl's hot older girlfriend now that it looks like she is going to survive.

I'm still certain that Negan is going to be the main death next issue. He has virtually no value to the group and none of them have anykind of respect for him. His story for all intents and purposes is over.

#12 lastcat3, Dec 7, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  13. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

I don't think Magna's group was in issue 160 at all if I remember right.

#13 lastcat3, Dec 7, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  14. HondaS2kXD

Agreed.

[​IMG]

15. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Even though I know Carl can't die now, I was really worried for Carl! Those panels where he was passed out in the burning building made my heart hurt. I wonder if he'll be okay to fight, or if he'll be sidelined by side effects of smoke inhalation and this will keep him out of the war?

It was good to see Lydia kicking some ass. It makes sense that she's a good fighter because I suppose she's has to hold her own in the Whisperer army from a young age, but I'd kinda forgotten about that over the last few issues. At this point I think it's safe to say she isn't a spy. So, do you guys think she was lying about not having any romantic feelings for Carl?

I was saddened by Eugene's admission that making bullets is all he has to live for these days. I hope something good happens for him with that Stephanie person on the radio.

So I was surprised by Sherry + Tara (Sherra?). Was it already mentioned that they were a couple and I missed or forgot about it?

16. Jay Bonansinga

15 Father Gab is dead.

17. Neuropyramidal

No, that's the first they've hinted that they could be a couple, I think. I wasn't really worried for Carl, I knew he'd get out, but I was a bit worried for Aaron, as he tried to save Carl.

I'm thinking we will lose a lot of collaterals and red shirts next issue. This could be another version of episode 408 where we lose almost everyone except for people we know.

18. Jay Bonansinga

So I guess Hilltop is gone? Walls down, everything burned, it's done. And I am guessing Beta has a huge stash of Walkers that wasn't used and he's gonna use them to overrun Alexandria or some trick. I think Andrea is gonna die. This war is to big to just have Gab and a bunch of red shirts die. Or maybe people start dying during 163-168. All I know is people are gonna die. The comic doesn't have a super hero type character to save the day(like Lily Caul).

Thank You~Jay

P.S. This is best arc for the comics(maybe the best) in a very very long time in my esteemed opinion.

19. Jay Bonansinga

Hershel and the The Gov were enough that eppy!

Thank You~Jay

20. TROR

TROR Member

What are the chances Negan kills Sherry? Also, seeing as there's only one issue left in this war, isn't it a lot to put into this one issue?