Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Z Nation

Discussion in 'Horror TV Shows' started by and138, Jul 31, 2014.

1. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

2. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

It does look cheesy, but they were filming right here in Spokane, WA so I have to watch it. I actually got to see a zombie horde on my way to work about a month or so back. They had it all roped off and one of our local resident weirdos kept riding by dressed as the grim reaper with a skeleton sitting on the back of his tandem bike. (For some reason I am uncertain of, he had her wearing a long blond wig.) It was... well a circus quite frankly and I doubt if the series itself will be as good as all the hoopla of the filming here in town, but... what the hey. I'll give it a try.

3. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

The parts in the trailer that I thought were cheese were dude donning his "deal with it" sunglasses at 0:14 and the zombie baby at the end that looked too obviously computer animated.

On the other hand, I'm happy to see Harold Perrineau in it. I liked him in OZ and Lost. It seems as if it may be more of a "fun" zombie show, rather than serious TWD-style. I'll watch it for the explosions and head shots. :)

If there was a zombie show filming in my town, I'd definitely be part of that circus. ;) It would be difficult to get anything constructive done, because the lure of the zombies would be too tempting.

4. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

They said the Z word...

Trailer looks cool, I think I'll give a try, even though The Asylum (Sharknado) is their production company. Season 1 will have 13 episodes.

5. Shadow

Shadow Member

Looks like crap to me, not gonna give it my time.

6. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I have a love/hate for Sharknado. The parts where the sharks are flying around are awesome. But all of the "plot" and "character development" parts are so horrible they're not even funny in a "so good because it's so bad" way; they're just bad. I recorded Sharknado 2: The Second One the other night, but I'm saving it to watch with my friend tomorrow night when we're drunk. ;)

7. Governor

Governor Member

Yeah...
    I'd rather wait for TWD.

8. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

Great plan! I hope you'll grab some Jack Daniel's. ;)

The only reason they filmed Sharknado 2 is money... But hey, at least we're gonna have a good laugh about it.

9. TexinOhio

TexinOhio Member

Kinda cool! Hadn't heard about this before, but will definitely catch this when it comes out.

10. steely

steely Well-Known Member

Idk why but this show actually looks kinda good to me. I'm hoping for better than the usual sy fy channel fare. Hopefully they'll take it seriously and make it watchable.

11. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

12. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

New trailer for Space Channel (Canadian TV):

[video=youtube;gS49gH-NBtk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS49gH-NBtk[/video]

I'm actually getting kind of excited about this show, but at the same time I expect to be let down.

13. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Do you guys see what I see?

[​IMG]

14. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

It airs tomorrow, right?

I'm keeping an open mind but it's hard to take it seriously when it's done by the same production company that does those Sharknado and other cringe-fest movies that are made specifically for 'shits and giggles'.

It looks very camp and cheesey in parts, and the effects change from looking pretty good, to really bad (like the zombie baby, just looks so cartoonish and terrible). But hey, I guess that's a lot of the appeal.

15. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

It's on tonight (Friday) at 10:00 EST.

I agree...I'm keeping my expectations low. There are lots of zombie flicks that are cheesy and entertaining at the same time, so I'm hoping the show will be sort of like that. Although, all the promo materials I've seen indicate the show will be taking itself seriously, so we'll see...

I hope it'll be good for a laugh, anyway. Or maybe it'll be so bad we can get a good thread going here where we take joy in ripping it apart. :zombies_lol: Anything to mitigate our zombie withdrawal symptoms and get us through to October 12.

16. Shadow

Shadow Member

I'm going to give this a try, just because it's zombies, but it doesn't look very good :p

17. frawniemae

frawniemae Well-Known Member

I'll give it a go but it will never replace TWD. my concern is they obviously are using some of TWD's, uh,,,ideas and characters to a degree. I've never been real impressed with any of Syfy's shows but hey; it's Friday and right now there's nothing else on to watch.

18. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

Zombies on the boob tube tonight ...alrightah!

19. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

I'm going to watch it, but yeah syfy is a little cheesy in some of it's shows.

20. hotspur41

hotspur41 Member

The premiere is about halfway through. Look, I am a TOTAL zombie whore and I'll "go with" damn near anything Z-related, but this one is bugging the hell out of me because of how close it cuts to TWD and that is saying something. The nature of the entire Z genre is to build on other texts, yet this one somehow comes across badly for doing so. It kinda sucks. And, like I say, I am not a hard Z sell.

Here is a review that I find pretty spot-on.
    http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2014/sep/12/z-nation-the-poor-mans-walking-dead