Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Slow.

Discussion in 'Fear The Walking Dead Season 2' started by Lian, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Lian

Lian Member

HI.

Do you also think this show is a bit 'slow' ?
    It has good parts, but still not sure what to think of this spin-off...
    :zombies_confused:

2. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I think it's more that it lacks direction than that it's slow. Kinda just feels like it's being made up as it goes.

3. Nikoranui

Nikoranui New Member

The description of FTWD as a "slow-burn" series happened so often during the ramp up to the first season that I think its been drilled into my brain that the series will always have a slower pacing than Bicycle Girl. I really enjoyed it in season one, but season two (especially the first half) was more interested in giving us slow, meandering episodes that suddenly crammed all the action into the final 5-10 minutes. I want to see a more consistently action-oriented Season 3 now that all the main characters are in apocalypse mode, but I'm worried they'll continue the mistakes of season 2 (namely setting up interesting, dramatic stories/characters only to wrap them up abruptly within 1-2 episodes).

I agree with BatmansHooker that it seemed like the showrunners didn't really know where they wanted to move the series beyond "kill off a main character or two because that's what they do in the main series" which is why we see the show just lurching from place to place with no real payoff for the audience. Hopefully they'll spend this time not only planning a coherent s03, but the general future direction of the series as well.

4. Lian

Lian Member

Every now and than I have the feeling that it's getting a bit 'soapy' until something 'good' happens again.

5. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

I wasn't interested in the series. But, decided to give it a fair shot. I watched season 1, and from the first episode to the last this show was trying to be something it will never become. Just dull...not slow burn

6. Lian

Lian Member

Hmm I haven't decided yet.
    It has it good moments from time to time.

But it sometimes feel like it's more for the latino part of the fan's.
    There is a lot of spanish talk in it.
    Thats ok, I understand the reason why because of the location.

7. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I had a break from the show and came back to it a few months ago.

The last few episodes were pretty good.

Ugh I hate Chris!

8. StaceFace

StaceFace Member

I watched eps 1 and 2 of s01 when they aired. I got bored and couldn't get into it. A couple of weeks ago I decided to give it another shot. (I always get a zombie craving fix when TWD comes back and I have to wait each week for a new ep) I started from s01e03. Again, I got bored but I persevered and carried on watching. After a short s01 I figured I may aswell watch s02, which in my opinion picked up a bit better - more walkers, 'surviving' and character building. However, if it wasnt for the fact that I watched an ep everyday, I doubt I would have stuck to the show. There wasn't enough anticipation in each episode to think 'I can't wait for the next one' like it is with TWD. But tbh, I think we've been a bit spoilt by TWD which is probably what's making us feel the way we do about FTWD!

9. Lian

Lian Member

Yeah it picked up good near the end.
    But lets hope they don't make it too 'soapy'....