Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Grimm

Discussion in 'Horror TV Shows' started by skaaaa, Oct 11, 2012.

1. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

i'm glad they're "veering" away from the BC story line. It can disappear because Bonaparte who was a founder of the organization was killed so it could come out that without the mastermind behind it, it disintegrated. Nick can easily clean up any loose ends.

I'm also happy to read that next season will be character orientated. Disappointed that Sean is returning to the gray area but they'll need to generate drama somehow. With Sean's actions this season he's been perfectly set up for it. That's one messy family situation with Adelind having two baby daddies, a powerful but uncontrolled daughter and a Grimm/Hexenbiest baby boy to be raised. Should prove interesting.

2. X-HUNTER

X-HUNTER Well-Known Member

Trubel asked a very interesting question in last episode about the Stick, and that is, where does it get its power from? I hope we find out more about it next season. I agree, Adeline is really in a difficult situation, living with a man she does not love, two kids from different daddies and the ex from the man she loves is back from the dead, oh yes a powerful daughter that she nor the daddy can control.

Was it ever revealed who Bonaparte's parents were? I read a fan's blog that his mother was a Hexenbiest and his father was a Grimm. It could be just fantasy, but it would explain why he wanted Grimms at least Nick on his side. Normal Wesen would want to kill off any Grimms at large. Perhaps we might find out more in the Book of Grimms next season, and talking about Grimms, if this is true can you imagine the power of young Kelly. Maybe we might see a spout of growth next season and he might help Nick, if Diana is manipulated to attack.

Grimm is one the better series at the moment, I really hope next season is not its last.

#162 X-HUNTER, Jun 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  3. X-HUNTER

It breaks my heart to read that season 6 will be the last one of Grimm.
    [h=1]Grimm’ to End After Season 6 on NBC[/h]

[​IMG]

Grimm” will come to a close after its upcoming sixth season, NBC confirmed on Monday.
    Announcing the premiere date for Season 6 in a press release today, the network stated “the final season” will begin on Jan. 6.
    Season 6 will consist of 13 episodes with the finale chapter following the battle fans have been long waiting for: Nick versus Capt. Renard.
    With the forces of Black Claw silenced, Nick (David Giuntoli) will face a familiar foe in Capt. Renard (Sasha Roiz), who is now in the seat of power as the mayor elect of Portland. Nick must take a stand to protect his city and those closest to him, especially his child with Adalind (Claire Coffee), and it will take the full force of Nick and his allies to find a way to bring peace. Also in the final chapter, Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell) and Rosalee (Bree Turner) will grapple with bringing a child into a new and tumultuous world, while Eve (Bitsie Tulloch) faces unsettling identity issues as her former self lurks below the surface. Russell Hornsby and Reggie Lee also star in the final season.
    “Grimm” has been a steady Friday night staple for NBC, hitting the 100-episode mark last season. Launching in 2011 on Friday nights, the first season averaged more than 6.3 million viewers, while the second season, which shifted timeslots from Mondays to Fridays to Tuesdays, averaged nearly 7 million viewers. The show moved back to Friday for its third season, when it averaged nearly 8 million viewers, and has stayed on that night ever since, with the fourth season dipping to around 7 million and the most recent fifth season hitting an audience of nearly 6 million.
    “Grimm” was created by David Greenwalt, Jim Kouf, and Stephen Carpenter. Greenwalt and Kouf serve as executive producers, along with Sean Hayes and Todd Milliner of Hazy Mills. Universal Television also producers.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/grimm-cancelled-season-6-nbc-1201846891/

4. purriwinkle

Oh dear. That breaks my heart too but in some ways I can understand it. The thing that worries me is the part about only 13 episodes instead of the traditional 22, I believe. There's hella loose ends that have to be tied up and I hope the writers can bring the story to a satisfactory conclusion. I will miss it.

5. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I admit, I had to warm up to this show. I watched Once upon a time before that and was horrfied, how they butchered the original fairytales into cheesy Disney variations (didn't know, that the show was produced by Disney when first watching it). I quit OuaT after season on and was not all that keen, to start a new show based on fairytales. But I was positively surprised how well Grimm did capture the darker tones of various fairytales. I was a bit irritated at first with their attempt on German, which has almost nothing to do with real german (it's my mothertongue), but I got used to it. The actor, who plays Monroe, once said at a convention, that he never spoke german before the show. I think, he does a quite a good job, Renard too (my french is not very good, but I think, his french is not bad either).

My favorite characters are of course Monroe and Rosalee (which are also played by the best actors imo) and later Trubel, Bud and Seargent Wu did grow on me.
    I really can't stand Juliette any more. I liked her at the beginning, but after season 3, I just wanted her to be gone from the show. Her becoming a Hexenbiest didn't help that much. I think, they botched that storyline a bit.
    I never really liked Adelind. I just don't get that character - everyone is always so afraid of her and yet she either botched every job she did or becomes the victim - I mean, she was captured by the royals over nearly two seasons, betrayed by nearly everyone, then she had to be protected by Nick and now she is captured again - I hate damsels in distress :hatchet:

I'm a bit sad, that the show will end after the next season, but maybe we will get the spinoff

6. purriwinkle

Don't forget the final season of Grimm starts tomorrow Jan. 6th. Come on back and share your thoughts about season 6.

7. purriwinkle

The primere episode of the final season can be summed up rather easily:

Nick is on the run cause Renard intends on using the power of his office to hunt him down and kill him. The consensus is is that he should leave Portland.

Eve/Juliet is undergoing some sort of change since being healed. She can't seem to summon up the powers she had before and she says she feels differently. The stake may have given her soul a blank slate. She does seem to have a new take on the cloth that was used to wrap the stake with however.

Nick still has the hots for his baby momma.

Nobody knows what to do about Diana. Sean, when questioned by Adelind about whether or not he killed Bonaparte, gives her something like the lyrics from Malcolm in the Middle, "yes, no, will you repeat the question." Lol. They kinda know it was the girl and they realize they have to tread lightly.

We're left with the cops closing in on Bud's maintenance business while the whole gang including Nick are gathered inside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My theory about the wood shard is that it's a piece of the stake upon which the Christ was crucified. It heals, it purifies souls, it was reverently hidden away by the Christian Knights Templars. Who knows what else it can do? Any other ideas?

#167 purriwinkle, Jan 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  8. X-HUNTER

Thanks for the recap. I am interested in the future of Eve/Juliet as to which one comes out in the end, presonally I prefer the EVE. With the magic stick nobody thought of bringing back Meißer? I am sure that Stick has the hidden power to do so, provided the person is not long dead and buried. I wonder if that stick can give a person power over Wesen? I remember the Royals wanted possession of the Key so badly so they may have some idea.

9. purriwinkle

S06E02

Not a particularly high action episode but it must be leading up to bigger things.

Highlights include the efforts of our group to pull the reins in on Capt. Renard. Poor Hank and Wu haul him in for the murder of Rachel Woods just in time to let Nick escape Bud's. He meets with Sean and Adelind to make a blood pact that he'll drop all charges against Nick if Adelind provides an alibi for Sean on the night of the murder. Turns out at the Grand Jury hearing that the judge is a Wessen crony of Sean's and has the charges dropped. Because Addlind didn't need to testify, the pact is null and void and Sean starts up with going after Nick again. Sean also demands Hank and Wu's resignations.

Monroe spills the beans about Rosalee's pregnancy. They look after Diana and Kelly while Adelind tries to take care of business. Of course Diana is freaking Monroe out cause she's doing all sorts of things using her powers. However, later when they're all looking at the cloth that was wrapped around the stake, she's the only one who can see the symbols on it that no one else can. Nick has her draw a picture of what she sees.
    Nobody knows where the stake's power derives from but it's exerting some sort hold over Nick, a little like the one ring of power from LOTRs, lol.

In the meantime, HQ has called in all Grimms including Trubel and Nick. She's headed out but Nick says he can't leave Portland despite everything.

10. X-HUNTER

Interesting. Have not yet seen episode 1. I am waiting for the series to come to an end then I will buy the whole episode, providing of course it has a happy ending.

Do you think Kapitan Renard can be redeemed?

• Like Like x 1
  11. purriwinkle

I don't know. Funny thing is is that Sean has been having these momentary hallucinations related to the crimes he's committed while involved with black claw, like seeing blood on his hands. In last night's epi, while he sat in a jail cell, he saw and handled a gun and bullet but then they disappeared. Something weird is going on but just what remains to be seen. Hopefully he's not too far gone.

Although.....I have a feeling that Nick may have to kill Renard before it's all over and I hope to God that maybe Diana goes with him or does the deed herself because the kid gives me the creeps. I say that because I want the threat to Nick's family to be over and little Kelly needs his mom. Right now Adelind is still engaged "officially" to Sean. She told Nick that the engagement ring was put forceably on her hand by Bonaparte and she can't remove it without great harm coming to the children. Nick told her to return to Sean for the time being, especially while he's on the run.

#171 purriwinkle, Jan 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  12. purriwinkle

I can't believe I forgot to post about last week's episode!!! And I missed tonight's (forgot it was on at eight instead of nine) but a short recap of last week.....

It centered mainly on Nick deciding to use the hexenbiest spell to change his appearance to that of Sean's. The spell worked just fine and while Adelind kept Sean at home with some trumped up farce of wanting to talk about Diana and her schooling, Nick holds a press conference. As the Captain, he renounces his newly elected position as Mayor, and tells the press that Nick, Wu and Hank were on special assignment working undercover. They'll be reinstated to their positions pronto.

Sean, watching this at home on TV is furious. So is the Wessen cop who Sean had promised his position to. Same cop that killed a guy from the transition team who had been blackmailing Sean over Rachel's death, to prove his loyalty. He talks with Nick, thinking he's the Captain and leaves a very unhappy wessen.

The cool part is that Sean calls Nick and they meet...and a good 'ole fight breaks out. Both men, looking like Sean battle fiercely but neither of them can best the other because it's like Sean fighting with himself. Good visuals. They come to some agreement when they realize it's going nowhere. Nick promises not to masquerade as Sean anymore and he tells his boss that they'll have to share Diana.

Nick goes home wondering when the spell is going to wear off. Apparently it should have worn off already and though everyone is going through the books they find out Nick's not gonna change back since he's a Grimm.

When Diana sees him looking like Sean, at first she thinks it's her dad and wants to know what happened to him when she sees his face after the fight. He starts to talk to her like he's her dad but she touches him and realizes the truth. "YOU'RE NOT MY DAD" she yells and uses her powers to send Nick across the room where he hits the wall. Only then does he turn back. She watches as Adeline runs to him, showering him with concern.

That's one creepy kid. I really fear for Nick.

13. purriwinkle

Sorry @ X-HUNTER but RL and the new time slot have been kicking my butt. I'll catch you up on what I missed starting with episode 4 minus the Wessen criminal case.

When we left the group at the end of epi 3, Diana had just knocked Nick back into his own body. They're left attempting to explain to Diana what happened in a neutral sort of way, telling her they were helping her daddy. Then Adelind tells her that they're going to spend some time with Nick so Kelly can be with his dad. She wants to see her father so Adelind promises to take her to Sean the following day. After Adelind drops her off, Sean immediately tries to cast Nick as the bad guy when D. asks Sean why he doesn't love her mommy. Diana doesn't bite at first but later tells Sean that Nick will be very sorry if he ever hurts her mommy.

Before she leaves Nick's, Diana looks at Rosalee and tells her that she's gonna have more than one baby. It looks like a litter for the happy couple!!! Rosalee is a little scared by everything and talks about the fact that they may have to leave Portland. Monroe talks her down.

Back at work, Renard calls in the three amigos to warn them that he's still in charge at the precinct. Black Claw has called him to relay that they're not very happy about his resigning as mayor when they went to a lot of trouble to get him elected.
    Not only that but Meisner shows up and talks to Sean. I thought he might be a figment of Sean's imagination but now I believe he's a ghost sent back to act as Sean's conscience.

Eve goes back to the tunnels. She thinks about the strange effect the stake had on Nick. Fool digs it up, but when she handles it, it burns her hand. At the same time she's holding on to the stake, Nick is simultaneously becoming light headed. Apparently, the precious has but one master, lol. She goes into a trance(?) where she seems to be pulled towards hell once again. She drops the stake, reburies it, and discovers she has a symbol burned in her palm. She must have had an epiphany of sorts as afterwards she starts to write down what she saw on the walls.

l

14. purriwinkle

S06E05i
    Not in sequential order but....

After Sean puts his daughter to bed, he finds her hex dolls and the needle she uses and he takes the needle. Then he retires only to find Meitner in his room. Meitner tells him that he's haunting him because Sean's betrayal ended up in his death. Sean can't shake him and it goes on all night apparently.

The next day Adelind picks Diana up and takes her back to Nick's. The girl asks her mum about Meitner. A. wants to know how D. knows that name. She tells A. that she heard her father saying the name repeatedly all night. She also says that she remembers Meitner and would like to see him again. Adelind tells her that Meitner is dead but spooky girl persists saying she'd still like to see him. Okaaaay.....

Then she informs her mom that Eve is behind the wall and isn't feeling very good and that she's been drawing. Eve has been waking up and passing back out down there. A goes down and finds her, helping her back upstairs. Seems that she doesn't remember a lot but thinks she did the drawings. She also says she tried to leave but couldn't. Diana has been drawing the same symbols in a drawing notebook and while mom is attending to Eve she goes down to the tunnels. When A. discovers the girl is gone she goes back down looking for her. There is D. illuminating the drawings with a phosphorescent light coming from her eyes. Adelind calls Nick.

In the meantime, spooked out Sean seeks out help from a Wessen man who is some sort of practitioner of the supernatural arts, maybe a zauberbiest himself. He tells Sean that if he wants to find out if he's really being haunted or if it's all in his mind he must get into this strange vacuum machine, naked, that will suck the haunting spirit out of him. Sean pays him with his rings. So in Sean goes and it seems that it's working at first. A swirling mist surrounds him in the machine but then it re-materializes outside as Meitner himself, who then jacks up the machine until Sean screams and the glass shatters. When Sean awakens, fully clothed and in an empty store front, Meitner is there to great him with these words, " A mind is a terrible thing to lose."

One bit of good news I almost forgot was that during an ultrasound, Rosalee finds out she is having triplets!!!

15. purriwinkle

S06E06

It's Monroe's birthday and the whole gang is invited to a local resort for the weekend. Diana is going to stay with Sean. Before Adelind drops the girl off she makes her promise not to tell anyone about the symbols because they don't know if they're dangerous. Of course, when she gets to Dad's she continues drawing in her sketch book. When Sean asks about what she's drawing she tells him mom told her not to tell anyone. He takes a picture of the artwork. A delivery at the his new place distracts Sean, while the Lieutenant who got screwed out of taking the Captains place when he was supposed to become Mayor, sneaks in and kidnaps Diana. He chloroforms her and whisks her clean away.

Back at Nicks, before Diana leaves, she has a convo with Eve about whether or not she'd like Nick back. Eve tells her it wouldn't be right and that things have changed. After the girl leaves, she takes a shower but when she gets out of the tub and stands at the sink, the mirror above the sink gets all foggy and a skeleton face looks out at her. Eve screams for Nick who rushes in and sees it too. They decide not to say anything to anyone until they have a better handle on it.

At the resort, a Cupidus(?) who is waiting tables there recognizes Nick. Turns out Nick arrested his dad prior to his becoming a Grimm, and now he wants revenge. He casts a love potion using hair he stole in the rooms, putting it in some champagne that he then serves to the group. Only Rosalee abstains because of her pregnancy. The next morning, after they have their coffee, they fall in love with the person whose hair was dissolved in their libation. I only mention this because it was a riot. Nick falls for Rosalee. Monroe goes for Eve. while Adelind has the hots for Monroe. Wu falls for a waitress who's hair accidently got into one of the glasses, and Hank....well Hank falls in love with his own image in the mirror. lol. A big fight ensues. When Rosalee realizes what must have happened she goes after the waiter. When the waiter threatens to kill Wu's love interest, Wu pushes him off a cliff thus ending the curse.

While all this fun is going on, Diana awakens in an abandoned warehouse with the Lieutenant. She asks to go home and he's very gruff with her, telling her she's not going anywhere. She powers up and starts to throw him around the room. Eventually he calls Sean and begs him to come rescue him. Diana has him crying like a little bitch but Sean does eventually get there and takes his girl home." I think you've had enough fun today," he tells her.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I've just caught up with season ready for tonight's episode!

There are only 3 episodes left until the end *cry* :(

17. purriwinkle

Goodness! I thought the article up thread said there would be 13 episodes. Things should be moving along quickly to what I hope will be a satisfying conclusion.

18. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oops! I thought only 10 episodes. :oops:

19. purriwinkle

S06E07

A brief recap of important events from last week's epi.

If I failed to mention it prior, it turns out that pouring over the symbols that were written on the stake cloth and later in the tunnel, the group has concluded that they most likely are a celestial calendar that points to a future event that will happen sometime close to the spring equinox.

On his own, Sean has consulted with someone he knows about the very same symbols that Diana drew in his sketchbook. She tells him pretty much the same thing, that it points to something, most likely bad, coming their way. If his daughter is involved somehow, he better keep a close watch on her.

Back in the Spice Shop, Eve decides she'll bunker down there as not to intrude on either Monrosalee or Nick/Addie's space. While there she'll continue looking into the symbols. However, a little later she picks up a hand mirror and lo and behold, it starts to fog up and the skull face looks out at her. She flings it to the floor shattering the glass, but the pieces float up and reassemble themselves back on the mirror. When Eve looks closely to investigate, an arm reaches out and grabs her around the neck. She only escapes by turning into her hexenbiest self and biting the arm, but she falls to the floor unconscious.

Monrosalee find her there the next day, with blood all over the mirror. They have her rushed to the hospital and call Nick who goes to her side. He comes clean about what he and Eve saw in the mirror. Monrosalee go back to the shop and lock it in a drawer. While sitting watch, Nick thinks about all their old history. He obviously still has feelings of a sort for his old flame. When she awakens she tells him whatever it is, is coming and coming quickly.

20. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member