Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

TWD S7 Set Pictures/Updates Discussion [2nd half]

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Spoilers' started by Tony Davis, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

3. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Walker97

Walker97 Active Member

I do like how the new group and Oceanside starting early really makes some things different from our knowledge of the comics. Some elements will be the same but I think the betrayals may be pretty different. Except Dwight and Daryl...there will be some major play there.

• Like Like x 1
  5. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

I excited to see this new group and Oceanside (minus Tara of course). But, more so, the new the trash can group since they're not in the comics.

6. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

"There are some people who go to the dark side who are going to take you by surprise, and there are some people who are going to come over to the light – and that’s all a matter of perspective," James said.

7. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

from comicbook.com and EW
    Late in Season 7, one character will have their Braveheart moment but it's not who you would typically suspect. With the impending war against Negan and the Saviors inbound, some members of Rick's group are going to have to step up if the good guys are going to have a shot at victory.

In the new issue of Entertainment Weekly, the moment is spotlighted from a set visit on The Walking Dead's penultimate episode of Season 7.

Somewhere in the woods, presumably on a march to battle or the Oceanside commuity (or both), Alanna Masterson's Tara Chambler character will deliver a speech "speech filled with emotion, delivered under duress, and with character's lives -- including Tara's own -- at stake." It's a scene so emotionally involved that it takes the young actress several attempts to get it just right, growing frustrated in between, but being constantly reassured by The Walking Dead's leading man Andrew Lincoln.

Following the scene, Norman Reedus, Andrew Lincoln, Seth Gilliam, Chandler Riggs, and director Michael Slovis offer hugs one by one to congratulate Masterson on her impressive performance. While the context of the scene remains unknown, we do know that Rick and his group will be rallying various communities to take on Negan when The Walking Dead returns. Based on how many cast members were on hand to deliver hugs to Masterson, it's safe to say this is a pivotal moment heading into the last episode of Season 7 which required a whole slew of cast and characters.

It sounds a lot like Tara's Braveheart moment on the AMC series. She became a more integral part of the show after having an entire episode to herself with 7x06 (Swear) where she discovered the Oceanside community and narrowly fleed to Alexandria. Here she is, though, rallying the good guys to stand up for what's right.

"It was really sweet when I finished that scene," Masterson said. "That was a great day on set, because you get through something challenging and you have all of your peers there who respect and love you. It was pretty rad."

• Like Like x 2
  8. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

Episode 9 is titled, "Rock in the Road"

9. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

Nicotero is directing 9,12, and 16

10. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

Season 7, Episode 9

Rock in the Road
    Rick is introduced to a new community.

11. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Now that's what I call interdasting!

That could mean that something fairly iconic or dramatic could happen in 712. They usually give the good ones to Nicotero. Maybe there's some memorable arc that happens at the carnival, besides just chocolate nilla wafer twist sexytime.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

• Episode 7x09: Greg Nicotero
    • Episode 7x10: Jeffrey F. January
    • Episode 7x11: Kari Skogland
    • Episode 7x12: Greg Nicotero
    • Episode 7x13: To Be Confirmed
    • Episode 7x14: To Be Confirmed
    • Episode 7x15: To Be Confirmed
    • Episode 7x16: Greg Nicotero

13. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

14. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

Maybe Rick wins Michonne a super big stuffed teddy bear in the ring toss? You know they are rigged.

15. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I was looking at that photo, where everyone was looking at Enid. I wonder if this is where we get a bit of her backstory, where she lets us know that she IS NOT a spy, but belonged to one of the communities that had to deal with Negan already.

16. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Totally rigged! The teddy bears come complete with several thousand dollars worth of student loan debt!! :p

17. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

The midseason 7 premiere will run for 73 minutes, from 9:00 pm ET to 10:13 pm ET. Episode 7x10 will run for an extra six minutes on February 19, making it a 66 minute episodes from 9:00 pm ET to 10:06 pm ET. Episode 7x11 will run for an extra eight minutes, making it a 68 minute episode on February 26.

18. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

It would be great if that extra time included less commercials.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

I wish I could ad block mah tv :/

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

When The Walking Dead returns for its seventh season, the community at Alexandria will finally be rising up to the challenge of taking on Negan and his Saviors.

Given those details, it is expected that Rick Grimes might actually see a much needed victory after half a season which saw him broken down and humiliated. Several cast and crew members have already been teasing an exciting bit in the Season 7 finale but there might be more than that.

Speaking to fans of The Walking Deadaboard the 2017 Walker Stalker Cruiseat a poolside panel, Norman Reedus pointed out that there is one specific moment coming up in the back half of Season 7 which had him giddy with excitement.

"Without giving anything away, there's a moment in the back half where [Jeffrey Dean Morgan] and Andy [Lincoln] have that thing," Reedus said.

Sitting beside Reedus, Morgan was quick to make jokes with the crowd in true-to-Negan form. "You know what kind of a f---ing thing," Morgan said.

"Like a serious thing, and I was watching in video village, by the monitors," Reedus said. "I was jumping up and down and I threw my headphones in the air, there's one moment coming up there, one of my favorite, I think."

"I remember you jumping around by the way, and you came running in and you were slapping high-fives to me and Andy," Morgan said.

"I'll say one other thing, when the actors get the scripts, they have a keen perceptions of who their characters are," said executive producer Greg Nicotero. "One of the great things about is, Andy will come to me, Jeffery will come to me, Norman will, they'll come to me and they will be like, 'This is a great moment and I want to play with this aspect of what's going to happen.' It's really great to let these guys, who know their characters better than anybody else, explore those moments. I remember what Norman's talking about, it's great, it's great. It's ridiculous."

In fact, the moment is so great that Reedus ran into the shot before Nicotero could even say cut -- which leaves us with the possibility of this moment taking place in Episodes 7x09, 7x12, or 7x16, seeing as Nicotero directed those episodes.

"He was in there so fast," Morgan said. "He was like, 'This is my most favorites scene that's ever been on The Walking Dead, and I'm not even in it.'"

Nicotero cut the cameras only to realize, Reedus ended up in the shot.

• Like Like x 1