Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Last Movie You Watched...

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Misfit, Jul 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

If you haven't seen - highly recommended.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Been watching some old classics I hadn't seen with my folks, and I mean TCM old.

The Snows of Kilimanjaro with Gregory Peck and Ava Gardner was a snooze fest. Not having seen it before, I was surprised at just how uninteresting it was.

The African Queen with Humphrey Bogart and Katherine Hepburn. This one I liked. Good story and great acting. What an unlikely but lovable duo.

Singing In The Rain with Gene Kelly, Donald O'Connor and of course Debbie Reynolds. The best part was in the beginning when Kelly drops into Reynold's car but the plot seemed to go downhill after that. Fortunately I could watch Gene Kelly dance all day.

North of the Great Divide with Roy Rodgers. I absolutely loved this dinosaur. Singing cowboys, horse chases, old style studio Native Americans, and there was even a whip fight at the end! Now that's a movie, lol. Seriously, I'd watch it again. Trigger even got his own credit as the smartest horse in Hollywood!! Gotta love it!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I saw Fences recently. The individual acting performances were excellent. Usually Denzel plays likable types of characters and this role was the complete opposite. He did a great job in making you despise his character.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Watched "Let's Kill Wards Wife". I love a dark comedy. I did not love this dark comedy. Actually it was not all that comedic and they aimed for dark but never made it past a grayish color. Thank goodness I watched it on Amazon Prime and did not pay to see this movie.

5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

It Follows. On Netflix. I went into it with erroneously high hopes because it had a 97% fresh rating on rotten tomatoes based on like 200 reviews. How many horror movies have a 97% fresh rating with that many reviews??

So I went into it expecting something really artsy and creative, with some really unexpected twist or idea. Turns out it was a pretty good movie, but not great. I liked it, but I don't really understand its 97% rating. It has somewhat of an original concept, but for the most part, it was pretty standard horror movie fare. But as I said, its pretty good, and if you've not sure how to kill 90 minutes, its worth it.

6. batongal

batongal Active Member

Been doing the same thing. Today - A Place in the Sun last week- Penny Seranade,
    Casablanca(love, love, love), Citizen Kane (did not like) Streetcar Named Desire another fave Red River...binging on Monty Clift.

7. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    The Nice Guys. Very good buddy film from earlier last year. Excellent chemistry, some good laughs. Unfortunately it flew under the radar and probably deserved a bigger audience. Anyway worth checking out on rental.

#1347 No.Pantaloons, Jan 24, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  8. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Finding Dory

9. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

Jason Bourne. I don't normally like sequels. I have enjoyed the Bourne films but I think they've run their course now. I also enjoy the classics on TCM, great movies. My sister and I love going to the Prytania on Sunday morning and watching the classics on the big screen.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Stealth

Saw Jackie recently. I thought Natalie Portman did a great job as Jackie Kennedy but overall the movie fell short. I thought a lot more could have been done with it. The other characters weren't cast very well either. It was an excellent individual performance by Portman, but that's about it.

11. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Oh, I love Penny Serenade and Streetcar. Great movies. Believe it or not I've never seen Casablanca but it's on my list. Seems to me I've seen A Place in the Sun, but it's been so long I could stand a rewatch. Citizen Kane? Didn't care for that one either.

I have a good friend who watches TCM quite a bit and she'll call me if something is coming on that she thinks I'd like. I don't know if it's because I grew up watching them but some of those oldies really are goodies.

Have you ever seen The Night of the Hunter?

12. batongal

batongal Active Member

Never seen that one but I too had never seen Casablanca till two weeks ago and now I realize what all the hub bub was about.

• Like Like x 1
  13. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

Split. I despise M. Night Shyamalan and would normally skip his movies, but I got dragged to see this. The "science" in the movie was laughable, and it was a piss poor depiction of real mental illness, but if you adjust your expectations, it's fairly enjoyable.

• Like Like x 1
  14. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

I decided to watch Darabont's nepotistic movie 'The Mist'. What rubbish that was. It was no Shawshank. Its hard to believe that some people still think that he would've done TWD justice up to now and beyond.

He did the Pilot - he'll always have that. But, no!

15. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

To each his own, but The Mist is one of my favorite horror films and I feel like TWD would have fared better with Darabont still in charge....

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

You're right - to each its own.

17. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Saw John Wick Chapter 2 today. Loved it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

We put on "Keanu" thinking it would be a kid friendly movie about a kitten. Nope, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  19. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Saw 'A Cure for Wellness' over the weekend. It is freakish and weird. I liked it, but two and a half hours is TOO LONG.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Stealth

Saw The Great Wall. Not so great though. Wasn't expecting much going in. Was just your routine, far fetched action film.

• Like Like x 1