Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Vikings

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by Goodfellas, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I think we'll check in on them at another point next season. His story will just be moved to the backburner again. Gisla was just letting her emotions show there. She was more relieved to have him back home. Don't see many long range problems for them unless he keeps leaving home.

• Like Like x 1
  2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

If she was anymore relieved she would have siced the dogs on him, lol.

Seriously, she probably was relieved he wasn't dead but now that he arrived safely home she's gonna "kill" him. I think she loves him but she also saw his leaving as a betrayal, but yeah, I would like to check in on them again.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Stealth

Yes, but her first reaction before she cleared the room of everyone was relief/happiness that he was back. Then she turned to the anger once it was just the two of them. I think they're fine. From the very beginning Gisla has had an edge to her with Rollo anyway.

• Like Like x 2
  4. purriwinkle

S04E18 Revenge

Indeed, but more of that later. Some freaky-deaky going on in this epi IMO, but I love when the writers show us more than we might expect concerning the characters.

Last minute army plans are being made such as who's going to lead it. The brothers all have a little pow wow and discuss. Just as I thought, Bjorn wants to make it perfectly clear, especially to Ivar, that he intends to be the one in charge. Ivar chafes a bit but ends up going along with it.

Lagertha, Torvi and Astrid decide that a sacrifice should be made to the Gods before the warriors go off to war and the magnitude of what's about to go down means that the sacrifice should be human. That nice little Swedish Earl who presented Lagertha with a sword is the one chosen to be sacrificed. Thing is is that he seems almost to welcome the chance to give his life for the cause. He might be a little guy but he's Viking through and through. He bravely goes to his death...even does that Uruk-Hai move of drawing himself closer as Lagertha pierces his chest. But that's not the only gasping that's being done...while he's drawing his last breaths, Bjorn and Astrid have stolen away and are doing a little heavy breathing of their own. Torvi and Lagertha seem to notice the two are conspicuously missing and I'll stick my neck out and say it looks like they may know what's going down. Lagertha might not tell Astrid everything but I think Astrid spilled her guts when it came to Bjorn. If not then both women are tactfully keeping mum maybe as to not to mess with Bjorn's head before the great battle. When he says good bye to the ladies it seemed a trifle awkward to me.

Ubbe goes ahead and marries Margrethe. Hvitserk is still pining over her though so wouldn't you know, the brothers decide to share her. It's not every bride that gets to experience a menage a trois on their wedding night. They tell her they're Vikings and don't get jealous. We'll have to see about that.

Oh Harold. He sees his old flame at the festivities. He's all giddy like a little school boy. Halfdan has to push him to go and speak with her. He tells her that he's been pushing to become the man she wanted him to be, on his quest to become King of Norway so he can be worthy of her hand. Too bad she didn't wait for him and decided to marry a Danish Earl.
    Harold is. not. pleased. He almost kills her but she pleads for her life and he decides not to do it. Warns Halfdan later that he better not kill her either as she is the only person he ever loved outside of him. Don't know where that's going. Maybe Harold thinks if he does become king maybe he'll be able to steal her away from her current husband or maybe he'll just kill the guy and take her. He sends the Bastard on his way to put their plans into motion. This is a stay tuned if ever there was one.

The Great Heathen Army finally arrives on the shores of North Umbria. Aelle doen't seem too concerned. He has God on his side after all. He smiles as he sees what he thinks is the whole Viking army spread out before him. That smile is wiped off his face as he then sees wave after wave of Viking warriors join the first group and he realizes he and his men are outnumbered. The Vikings charge.

We don't see the fight but later we know the Vikings won cause we see Ragnar's sons dragging Aelle behind the chariot all the way to where Ragnar met his death. Revenge in their hearts, Floki nails his hands down and Bjorn proceeds to Blood Eagle him. No Viking, he doesn't meet his death well but screams through the whole ordeal until he dies. Then they string him up as a message to all. Next stop? Wessex I imagine. Althelwulf will have to lead the army but who knows his frame of mind. He has a heart to heart with good old dad and it seems he wants his father to tell him he loves him. Would it kill Ecbert to say it? We never hear an answer.

#404 purriwinkle, Jan 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  5. purriwinkle

Some pics from Epi 18- Revenge[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#405 purriwinkle, Jan 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  6. purriwinkle

7. purriwinkle

8. purriwinkle

Additional stills from Sweatpants and Coffee:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. purriwinkle

More from Sweatpants and Coffee:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. purriwinkle

Sweatpants and Coffee cont.:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Stealth

It was a real letdown to assemble that whole army which we've been leading up to for episodes now and then not show the full battle, only them charging. I much preferred this series when we had ten episode seasons. Now it feels like the budget for 10 episodes is being spread out over twenty.

• Like Like x 1
  12. purriwinkle

Maybe we'll see more of the battle when TGHA attacks Ecbert.
    Why do I think they won't win that one? They should, but ....I dunno....Ecbert's crafty. Didn't he study ancient Roman Army battle tactics? He may have to get out there and help his son.

I'm also curious as to whether Bjorn will continue to lead or if something happens that allows Ivar to take command.

13. Stealth

Ecbert has the entire kingdom at his disposal whereas Aella was all alone and had not renewed his alliance with Ecbert. They're also not going to go into it overconfident like Aella did. Against Ecbert you're probably also going to need some trickery, which Ragnar was excellent at. I don't see his sons doing the same. They'll be more single-minded and full speed ahead.

• Like Like x 1
  14. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

I subscribe to email updates for Vikings - it looks like Ivar is creating havoc amongst the brothers tonight. Lagertha has her own to contend with. Can't wait!

15. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

I'm excited that Jonathan Rhys Meyers is joining the cast this Wednesday as Bishop Heahmund!

#415 southernlady, Jan 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  16. TDogResurrected

TDogResurrected Active Member

Is Ecbert cracking with age? Or is he just as cut throat/capable as ever? TO ME he seems changed, like he had his mojo stolen. We'll see tho

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. purriwinkle

S04E19 On The Eve recap

Interesting episode.

In Kattegat, the Bastard finally attacks with the men he bought with Harold Finehair's funds.
    They battle fiercely, seemingly knowing all the weakness in Lagertha's defenses but she manages to out smart them in the end. Capturing the Bastard, she roasts him on a spit to get him to tell her who was behind the attack. He doesn't crack until they bring forth his wife. In an effort to keep her safe, he tells Lagertha it was Harold after all. After the battle we see Torvi wounded on the ground. At first she looked dead but then we see her blink so I'm hoping they'll be able to save her. The last time the mother of Bjorn's child disappeared, the poor little girl ended up dying.

Aelle's badly injured Bishop manages to make it to Wessex, to tell Ecbert the Great Heathern Army is on it's way. Athelwulf puts the blame squarely on Ecbert for letting Ivar go home but Ecbert encourages him to gather the army to go and meet them on the field telling him he has complete faith in him. The sons want to go to fight with their father and we see some tender moments with Athelwulf as he tells them, no, they are the future. So at odds with the way he treated Magnus. Before he leaves, Ecbert tries to fire him up telling him this is the time to hate and he encourages Judith to go back to her husband. Off Athelwulf goes.

After the battle at Mercia, the GHA is camped making their way to Wessex. Of course the brothers are squabbling among themselves to the point that even Floki is disgusted.
    Ivar wants to lead but Bjorn says he's the leader, yadda yadda yadda. When Ivar suggests a new way to approach the coming battle, there is a bit of resistance but then Bjorn decides to go with Ivar to investigate the possibilities of this new strategy involving using the land to aid them and by not being predicable.

Harold and Halfdan talk about what happened with Harold's princess and how they don't understand women. Harold goes to apologize to her but ends up planting a hatchet in her husband's head. Later she approaches him, telling him that they should talk. She tells him she now realizes she made a mistake and should have waited for him, and that she now wants him, making him crazy thinking he's finally going to get to sex up the love of his life. When she's on top of him, she goes to pull out a knife but Halfdan, who apparently was spying on all this, pops in and kills the girl. Tells his brother that apparently he understands women better than he does.

Out in the field, Athelwulf and men approach the Vikings. But instead of standing and fighting they seem to run away only to reappear, killing Saxon's each time. Frustrated, he decides to take his men to where the Viking boats must be docked. Having anticipated this, Ivar has men ready and they ambush the Saxon troops. The battle is on but we don't see the outcome. However, we do see the Vikings ride into Wessex. They use a battering ram to break down the gates, but once inside, the town appears deserted. Apparently, Ecbert didn't trust Athelwulf entirely and evacuated the people elsewhere.

#417 purriwinkle, Jan 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  18. purriwinkle

Some pics to get started from Episode 19

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#418 purriwinkle, Jan 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2017