Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Do YOU believe in ghosts?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mondaymonkey9, Nov 1, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I used to, until my gramma caught me in the closet.

2. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Amateur. Don't you know that's the first place they look?

3. Neuropyramidal

I didn't think she'd find me, considering it was a neighbor's closet.

4. PepperAnn

:O

You shameful boy.

5. Neuropyramidal

It ok, it was in my grandmother's house, she just sold the closet to her neighbor to help pay for my braces. So I didn't think she'd look in a closet that wasn't technically hers.

6. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

So this isn't a ghost story but it was definitely a crazy coincidence. My grandmother passed away about 5 months after my daughter was born, and we always called her Nana, but pronounced like..."nah-nah" lol. Later on, when my daughter was starting to form sounds that resembled words, she looked over my shoulder like she was looking at someone. It actually made me turn around, that's how focused she was on something. I go, "what are you looking at?" and she goes "nah-nah!" lol. I just excused it as a noise babies make but i will admit for a second i thought about my grandma! Eventually when she started coming up with names for people, she called my mom "Mimi", ,my dad "papa" and my sister "Nono" so i think it was just a coincidence and she liked those 2 syllable words.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Actually we pronounced Nana like you would say "nananana" in a song lol. I feel like i didn't explain the pronunciation well, not that it matters.

8. PepperAnn

She was a smart woman. I never would have thought to sell my closet. I should go clean mine out. I need some extra cash.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Neuropyramidal

It ended up being a bad move. The closet she sold turned out to be a secret portal to Narnia. So they ended up with like mad storage space.

Sometimes my hands just type things while I'm distracted with something else, I think.

#169 Neuropyramidal, Jan 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. PepperAnn

Coincidence or not that would make me pause for a second.

11. PepperAnn

LMAO

12. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

It definitely did - I was like "whut?" Especially since she barely said anything at that time.

13. Neuropyramidal

lol, the new forum feels the need to add the little "neuropyramidal, one minute ago" to the bottom of each post. Just to make sure people know who made the post using neuropyramidal's account. Hmmmmmm, I'm not sure who is making this post using neuro's photo and name.....let me scroll.....Ah yes! It was neuro. A moment ago.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Everybody: read that neuro post!!!! that was wonderful. the cloud of gas looking back at itself was my favorite bit--chills. did you used to be a professor, neuro?

the 3 monks story was eye-opening.

i had that room disorientation when i was younger. i remember feeling resentful that my reality wasn't real when i would come out of it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Stop fantsizing about Morgotha lol

16. DeeLaurean

DeeLaurean Well-Known Member

Unless it's a 3 monks a bishop and a couple of naughty nuns story my interest is sorely lacking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. BulletofBullets

BulletofBullets Active Member

I believe in spirits, but the story I'm about to share is very personal and may not be suitable for some of you to read so I'll put it in a spoiler tag.
    If you did happen to read the story, feel free to let me know your opinion on the spirits. Honestly if you feel everything I said was bullshit, share it here lol!

#177 BulletofBullets, Jan 21, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

My grandparents, on my dad's side, had a tree in the front of the house, that would be full of lady bugs, certain times of the year. Some of the beetles would make their way into the house. My grandmother never allowed for them to be killed. My grandpa would get angry about them being in the house, but he never killed them. He would secretly remove them back outside.
    When my grandmother got sick and went to the hospital, all the lady bugs went into the sun porch. We are talking hundreds of them. Not one was left on the tree.
    My grandmother had an operation for a stomach ulcer. Afterwards, her nurse had her sitting comfortably in a chair, while she changed the sheets on the bed. She claimed that my grandmother mentioned something about ladybugs and then she said "it would be a great day to die ". Well, she did, in that chair, looking out at a ladybug.
    The ones in the sun porch died, as my mother was the one who had to clean them up. The tree also died.
    To this day, my family does not kill ladybugs. We either leave them in the house, or secretly release them back outside. In honor of my grandmother.

• Like Like x 2
  19. mrwicked

mrwicked Member

I do not believe. However, going tell a story. My childhood best friend lives 3 hours away, so usually like on the 4th of July we get together. Anyways, my son and I went down for the 4th weekend and my buddy told me I could stay in the back room. So that night, had trouble sleeping and my chest felt really heavy and just had a weird sense of something in the room with me. I walk out the next morning, my buddy has a shit eating grin on him and ask how I slept. I told him what I described above. He says "did I ever tell you why I got this place so cheap?" I was like no you didn't, tell me? "Well the former owner committed suicide in that room." Me you f**king ahole thanks for telling me lol. He told me this is the reason why he sleeps on the living couch. He said sometimes he would see dark shadows out the corner of his eye towards the room. Idk

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  20. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

This is my thought on the ladybugs rising from the dead,

I don't mind my wasps, but they can be a nuisance if i put wet catfood out for a passing cat. when i am finished getting cat food out of a can, i can put it down for the wasps to get the last tiny bits. they will clean it completely. the wasps apparently think it is the cats that are the nuisance, so they will feed at the can.

one day i came out and saw dead wasps at the bottom of a small metal cat food can i had left out for them in the full sun. i figured the heat had killed them, and i felt so bad since i had only been trying to help them out.

so i dumped them out and threw the can away. later i came back and saw the wsps were gone. i was so upset the other wasps were so hungry they had cannibalized their brethern, but nature does what it needs to do.

on a cool day i wasn't thinking about deathly heat so i left a can in the sun and again--dead wasps. ahhhh, the guilt. i dumped them out and sat down despondently.

what?!? one at a time, little by little, they started moving and eventually became recovered enough to fly away.

so i learned. 1. put the cans in the shade, 2. balance them on the side so if wasps start to feel overcomed they can walk themselves out.

i think your ladybugs flew to the light because they wanted to get out. possible heat through the window plus their struggle conked them out. when the sun shifted, they recovered.

but your story is achingly beautiful.

• Like Like x 1