Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Captain America: Civil War

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Hope the Savior, May 7, 2015.

1. Strife

Strife Member

2. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

How come superheroes don't fight supervillains anymore? :zombies_confused:

3. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

To be fair, that is all they have been doing so far (Save for the mind control exerted in the first avengers movies, and of course--The Hulk tends to get a tad unruly from time to time.) But the fun is always in the "Whose hero can take on whose?" that every kid indulges in. It is the "My Dad can beat up your Dad!" effect, but with superpowers. The one I really need to see is an on-screen Wolverine vs. Punisher fight (Barring that, a Wolverine vs. Spiderman throwdown). Those were always the best.

4. Strife

Strife Member

The new trailer is up! Spidey debut!

if someone is kind enough to post it, as I'm not gonna be near a computer for a while, I'll throw thee some rep ;)

5. Rapscallion

I hope they tell us the origin of Spider-Man, because I've always been curious about that. :Grin:

6. Rapscallion

[video=youtube;dKrVegVI0Us]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKrVegVI0Us[/video]

CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR, TRAILER 2,!! ☺

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rapscallion

[​IMG]

Finally, Our Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man has arrived in the Marvel Film Universe!! ☺

8. Strife

Strife Member

I like it. The blue stripe in his bicep I could do without, and the spider insignia is a bit small, but his eyes are kickass!

9. Walker97

Walker97 Active Member

Dear DC Comic Movies,

Watch and Learn.

Sincerely,

Every movie fan.

10. Strife

Strife Member

11. Strife

Strife Member

Saw it lastnight. It was good, just lower expectations. That said it wasn't bad or anything just expected more tbh. Winter Soldier still the best MCU film IMO....more to come, headed to work atm....get rdy for a Spidey boner ppl!

12. WickedJenn

WickedJenn Active Member

Man, do I love the hell out of this film. One of my top Marvel films.

Captain America is my favorite Avenger, and he really shines in this one. I felt here, we really got to see his innerworkings - being a part of the Avengers and continuing to deal with the effects of his 70-year slumber.

The writing, the lines, LOVED all of it. It's no wonder Rotten Tomatoes rated it so high!

13. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Rotten tomatoes doesn't rate anything, it's a compilation of reviews. Just sayin.....

Civil War is fun but has the same problem that all the Marvel films suffer from, there is nothing really at stake. There are no real threats for the audience to fear or expect real consequences, so the films basically become a formulaic string of action sequences to gawk at....

14. WickedJenn

WickedJenn Active Member

Yeah, I know, I just didn't get into the detailing in my sentence that it was a compilation of reviews :p

I see your point on that - but, and I can only speak for myself here, for me it's not always about what dangers lurk ahead or what results will come. Sometimes I just feel like seeing some kick-ass action sequences and a break from the drama in between.

However, that being said, I'd still like to address the fears/consequences. First I'll reiterate that I can only speak for myself in regards to the audience. One person will interpret the film completely different from another.

I saw huge consequences, in fact that's something that happens right in the beginning and is the theme of the entire film. As a result of the action of some of the Avengers, innocent people died even though they did not intend that to happen. It happened in NY, Sokovia and then Wakanda. Sorry if this is pointing out the obvious but I feel it necessary for my post. Anyway, this film addressed something that seems to be glossed over in DC films (not starting a debate there, just making a point), that they are still heroes but they are PEOPLE, who make mistakes and don't always make the right choice at the right time, they only do what they think is best for the greater good. They were thrown the Sokovia Accords because of the choices they made.

Zemo is a direct result of the consequences of the Avengers' actions in Sokovia. Then we have Tony's encounter with the mother who lost her son in Wakanda.

For me I felt all of that keenly, and my fear for the future world in the films is that the Avengers won't all be on the same page to ante up when needed to go in again. That there will still be doubts/hesitations, discord among them resulting in an even worse catasrophe for all. All those loose ends were left hanging at the end of Civil War.

Sorry, I wrote a book :eek: