Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Admins

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by page, Feb 15, 2017.

1. DeeLaurean

DeeLaurean Well-Known Member

Only if it is as shitty as this one.
    Don't think I could handle something that works properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Little or no insight.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The old format had issues at times too but this one is worse. When it comes to messageboards generally the more basic the structure the better because it makes it easier to navigate. That's one area where the previous board had an edge.

Some people become frustrated then and traffic decreases.

• Like Like x 1
  3. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

THIS!!!

@HarleyQuinn @Zedd @Tony Davis

PLEASE listen to Batman'sHooker's post. The lack of moderation and general lack of concern or communication is really frustrating and has driven some people away. Hell we have to moderate ourselves! Which is actually kinda fun but never mind that.

And now the new format and server issues is driving even more people away. I realize you're busy trying to fix it but taking a little time out to TALK to us would really help.

Can one of you start a new thread in Survivor Help and let everyone know what is going on? Because everyone is pissed that no one is saying anything about this. I realize Zedd made a post in the software feedback thread last night but it's buried and I think this deserves a new thread for everyone to see.

Now I will sit back and not hold my breath for a reply.

#23 PepperAnn, Feb 17, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I used to be a moderator at an old forum (yeah, I know! That's hilarious and scary.... but true!) from 2005 until it shut down in 2013.

The interesting thing about that forum is that how it started, grew, and then eventually folded, was eerily similar to TWDF. The original admin was very involved and active with the site. When problems occurred, he would email all of the site's members stating what the problem was and what was being done about it. People appreciated that, were patient, and came back to the site.

Then the old admin sold the site. The new admins cared at first then they sort of just let the inmates run the asylum. No biggie really.... that is until the site got hacked or crashed all the time or whatever. It would take weeks for anything to get fixed. People eventually lost interest and moved on. The last year the site was online, there were only 5 active members left and we maybe posted 100 times combined just to make jokes about our shitty site.

Then one day the admins, who never once reached out or answered any inquires about wtf was going on, pulled the plug without any warning.

Some food for thought. I just hope that this isn't going to be how things play out here. I am not implying that the admins here don't care, but I have to wonder. Not much has been said or done and the frustration grows as the questions mount up, and those questions are void of any answers.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Thales

Thales Well-Known Member

Y'all need to find a new forum, buncha cry babies.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Maybe you're right. Oh btw, Grimm is ending after this season. Now who's crying, bitch? Lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

They don't care. This is our fate.

8. page

page Well-Known Member

I bumped into an awesome one the other day.

walkietalkies.boards.net

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Old forums don't die, they just fade away.

It's too bad because this was a good board. Oddly enough it looks like the "uprade" was a death blow. Now with the reduced traffic you sign on and there really isn't too much to reply to anymore which has cumulative effect.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Laurieellen

Laurieellen Well-Known Member

Everyone come join the dark side

11. Zedd

Zedd Administrator
    Staff Member

I apologize again for the problems that we've been having. The truth is that the admins were not always able to get on the site either. Once we got some of the issues resolved, I quick made a post in one of the threads to let everyone know. I apologize if it looked like the admins weren't around. We really were, working very hard to get things back in order. We also had to wait for the hosting company to take care of certain things.

If any of you are still having a problem accessing something on the site or forum, please either reply in this thread, in the New Forum Software Feedback Thread, or in the Forum Update thread. Also feel free to send a Conversation Message to me or any of the other admins any time.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update. Sorry for assuming or implying that none of you weren't around or don't care. Thanks for your hard work behind the scenes and for reaching out to communicate.