Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Legion / FX

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by Dnae, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

This looks like it'll be the primary challenge for this season, David overcoming this entity or at least establishing an equilibrium that will pull everyone back.

I like how they've been fairly clear to the audience about what reality is and isn't. The scene with Syd showed us that it was an alternate reality because that woman touched her with no effect. I tired of Mr. Robot because there were no real boundaries.

• Like Like x 1
  2. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

The entity is the Shadow King. No boundaries is what I enjoy about Mr. Robot though!

New episode of Legion in a few hours!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Stealth

Yeah I loved Season 1 of Mr. Robot but I was disappointed in the direction they went in Season 2 and stopped watching. Once it seemed like Elliot could be just about anyone in the story I lost interest and didn't have the patience for it. If I find out that all the pieces end up coming together in a big way, I could binge watch the show somewhere down the line.

• Like Like x 1
  4. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I think that's how many people watch TV now, binge watch an entire season! There are a lot of TV show's that I have no patience to watch an episode per week, but I'm happy enough to binge watch the entire season.

Netflix has changed the way we consume TV.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stealth

True, I know some people who have binge watched Game of Thrones to catch up too. That's one series though where I'm glad I've absorbed it more slowly because I think it'd take something away from it.

Was disappointed that Netflix delayed the release of this year's House of Cards until May. Have grown accustomed to it coming out sometime in February.

6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Thank god I am not the only one who felt that way. I LOVED season 1 of Mr. Robot, but honestly season 2 fell way below the benchmark. I am on the fence about watching season 3. It may end up being one of those if I watch it I watch it, If I miss it...ehhh no biggie

Now, Legion I am about 2 episodes behind....I need to get busy. I did finally get somewhat caught up on Humans, I am now only 1 episode in arrears

• Like Like x 1
  7. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I think the biggest problem with Mr Robot was that season 1 was just so amazing that almost anything would be a letdown. It still had some really great things to recommend it, and I'm really looking forward to season 3 in October.

This week's episode of Legion was my favorite since the pilot. WOW. Such a fun show.

8. Stealth

Also when the reality of anything you see on the screen is called into question then if something doesn't work, or they box themselves into a corner somehow, they can simply say oh wait a minute that didn't happen. It was all in Elliot's head. That's about as weak as you can get in terms of writing for a show.

I'm disappointed in what happened to Mr. Robot, but so far it's looking like Legion will be a show that I'll stick with.

9. Stealth

It's a lot of fun. David gives off a bit of a Magneto vibe too, so it'll be interesting to see what path he chooses as time goes on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Been hunting around the interwebs, and it looks like season 2 of Legion is supposed to premier in February. Hurrah!!

What makes me a little nervous is that the guy who was supposed to be playing the Shadow King is suddenly not playing the Shadow King and is being replaced with an unknown someone. This was announced back in November, but I haven't heard anything about any replacement since then.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/wonder-woman-said-taghmaoui-legion-1202624043/

Please oh please don't let them screw this show up with the sophomore slump...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Stealth

That's good news that it's in February. There's really nothing on early this year with most of the good shows coming out in the Spring or later.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Maybe Legion will be akin to Into the Badlands - whereas season 2 outshone season 1

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I just read the article and the scary part is that the actor seemed quite relieved to no longer be attached to the series......things that make you go "hmmmmmmm"

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Stealth

That's a very bad sign. Let's hope it's more a personal thing rather than the show turning into a train wreck.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. tink

tink Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

w00t!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Stealth

Westworld returns in April too. It's going to be a good spring for TV.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. tink

tink Well-Known Member

SERIOUSLY??!!

I hadn't seen the Westworld announcement, but was just thinking about it the other day.

April ROCKS!!!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Tonight's the night. ;)

19. tink

tink Well-Known Member

20. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

was it good? my daughter was using me as sounding board last night so I did not watch