Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

New Forum Software Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by HarleyQuinn, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

doesn't seem to work on firefox...I get this message
    Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /forum/ on this server.

it works in IE, which is where I'm posting this from

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

So, I haven't been able to access the forum on Chrome since about Monday night. Just got back this morning on a whim, which is nice because I was dying to see people's thoughts on yesterday's comic issue. Christ on a cracker, were we hacked again? I mean, what's the deal. We go down for days at a time, it's madness.

4. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

Well this forum has gone to shit. Took me damn near 5 mins just to log in. Then another 2-3 mins waiting for all the shit to load on the screen just so I could click into this sub forum. Another couple mins waiting for more shit to load so that I could make this post. Then another min or 2 waiting for this bitch to catch up with my typing. Real clusterfuck.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Zedd

Zedd Administrator
    Staff Member

Many apologies for all the errors that we've been having. The forum should be working for everyone now. We were having a problem with one of the servers. There might still be a few glitches with some images not displaying correctly on the main page occasionally, and we'll try to have that corrected soon too. In the meantime, if you have any trouble accessing the site or forum, please let us know. Again, many apologies for the errors.

• Like Like x 3
  6. TheSlayingTaco1

TheSlayingTaco1 Well-Known Member

Hi I'm having a issue on my Windows Phone. It seems the tools aren't up above like it shows on other devices I use. I was hoping it was a glitch with the update but it's STILL blank. Please fix this! I'm using internet explorer since Microsoft makes you. On my other devices I use Google Crome and the tools show up fine. Thank you!

7. Heriot of Fire

Just glad it wasn't another hack. Thanks for fixing this.

8. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

Perhaps this is a dumb question, but if we have trouble accessing the site again, how would we be able to let you know? Because when there's trouble accessing the site, that means not being able to get into it at all, so can't exactly post or send a PM.

9. tink

tink Well-Known Member

@Zedd I am getting this error again inside various sections of the forum:

The following error occurred:
    Gateway Timeout
    Server error - server 72.52.94.214 is unreachable at this moment.

Please retry the request or contact your administrator.

This happens not when I'm actually doing anything, but just at an index page, for example. This is what I was getting constantly before the issue of this week. I always got it sometimes, but just before we all got locked off it was constant.

10. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

LOL I was thinking the same thing.

11. JFAN

JFAN Member

Works fine with Chrome.
    Still cannot use this site using Windows IE. I can get to the site now, which I couldn't even do last week BUT when I get to the site I get:
    Server Error
    Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect key file for table './rwm3_wdfxf/xf_session.MYI'; try to repair it

12. JFAN

JFAN Member

Strange how some people post they have a problem using one browser, whether it be Chrome or IE, but for others the same browser works fine.

13. Zedd

Zedd Administrator
    Staff Member

The Gateway Error and MySQL error shouldn't be happening anymore. Please let me know if they occur again. Thank you.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Which tools are you referring to? Is there any way you could take a screen cap of it?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sully

Sully Active Member

I'm a little late to the party here but for what it's worth I actually like the new layout a good bit. It feels and runs very smooth, and has a great easy to use interface...especially on mobile.

The only thing I am disappointed about is that our post count no longer reads as Zombie Kills or whatever it said. I thought that was cool and made the forum unique.

• Like Like x 1
  15. TheSlayingTaco1

Thanks, It's been like this since the layout changed. I didn't have an issue with the tools on old layout other devices. It was fine.

I can't take a screenshot, I'm sorry. Those tools aren't there to add a GIF nor enhance my words. It is just a blank textbox with no tools above. It looks weird. It shows on other devices, however not on internet explorer/windows phone. Thank you for responding!

#95 TheSlayingTaco1, Mar 16, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  16. Zedd

Zedd Administrator
    Staff Member

No problem. You described it well. I don't have a Windows Phone so I'm not able to test it personally, but I'll see if I can find out anything. Does this also happen if you hit the "More Options..." button while replying? I know that's an extra step and might take longer to load on a phone, but I'm wondering if the tools would show up that way or not.

17. TheSlayingTaco1

You fixed it! I came on here and gasped. The tools are up top. Thank you so much. When I hit more options it says edit/delete, so that wasn't it.

18. Mimi Cruz

Mimi Cruz New Member

i cant see images for some weird reason

19. Zedd

Zedd Administrator
    Staff Member

Glad to hear it's working now.

Which images are you not seeing?

20. tink

tink Well-Known Member

@Zedd I continue to get those gateway timeout errors, among others.