Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Westwingnut's Thread of Boredom

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by westwingnut, Dec 22, 2016.

1. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

From that article:

Really??? So now he's Nostradamus?

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

A Colorado Legislator Just Tried To Justify Japanese Internment.

The problem with this person's line of thinking isn't that he is trying to defend internment. It's that he thinks of Japanese Americans as "them", not as Americans.

By the way, Japanese Americans in Hawaii--where they were actually in a location where they could damage the war effort--were not sent to the camps. They were too ingrained into the economy to be removed. Only Japanese Americans on the west coast were sent. So the argument that internment was a necessity of war is false.

#1762 westwingnut, Mar 23, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. westwingnut

Well, I was wrong. Nunes was acting nefariously. Or at least stoogiously.

Nunes apologizes for going directly to White House with monitoring claims -- Nancy Pelosi calls the Intelligence Committee chairman a 'stooge for the president of the United States.'

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. tink

tink Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Now the Republican house will do what ever it takes to make sure the ACA goes under.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. tink

tink Well-Known Member

They should all stop acting like children and maybe, just this once, do what's best for the country. Fix the things that are wrong with Obamacare and make it better for everyone. I think the first step is to disallow any special health plans they vote for themselves so they live under the same rules as the rest of us.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. westwingnut

Politico: Poll: Majority of Americans want independent commission to investigate Trump-Russia ties

Links to a long series of poll results from Quinnipiac University:

Question 56 is the relevant one: Do you support or oppose an independent commission investigating the potential links between some of Donald Trump's campaign advisors and the Russian government?

Democrats: 88% Yes - 9 % No
    Independents: 70% - 25%
    Republicans: 36% - 60%

So even one-third of Republicans now support an independent inquiry.

Even if Trump remains in office, the Cult of Personlaity is coming to an end.

And to comment on a discussion from the main Trump thread, I would also prefer President Pence to both Trump and Hillary.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sharpie61

I'm iffy on Pence.
    When I voted Obama for his second term, it really wasn't because I liked him. It was because I did not care for Romney bringing his religion into the government. It now seems Pence is doing the same.
    And I stand firm on that. You can not govern a country, under a certain religion, that has so many different kinds of religion. Our forefathers put that little clause in there for a reason.
    But Pence does seem to be level headed, as far as some of the things he does. At least he hasn't insulted our allies. Praised Putin. Or tweeted about crowd size.

• Like Like x 1
  9. westwingnut

10. westwingnut

Pence is OK in my book. He comes from a deeply red state, so he had to push a conservative agenda. He was slow to adopt needle exchange when there was an outbreak of AIDS among drug users. He signed an extremely homophobic religious rights bill, but had to annul it when Indiana came under withering criticism from both corporate interests and civil rights groups.

Point is, he will move towards the center if there is enough pressure from the general public. I am concerned that if he becomes president he will sign legislation that will allow parents of gay children to send their kids to Christian camps to get beat up, but that's small potatoes compared to the idiocy and corruption of Trump.

Besides, Pence is much more ready to speak out against racism, bigotry and hate crime than Trump.

#1770 westwingnut, Mar 24, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  11. westwingnut

Napolitano told friends he was on Trump's Supreme Court shortlist

Napolitano was the Fox News legal analyst who spread false rumor on-air that Trump was spied on by British intelligence. This rumor was then repeated by Sean Spicer, and subsequently denied by the Brits.

Greta van Susteran was the only unbiased analyst at Fox News, and she's moved on.

#1771 westwingnut, Mar 25, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  12. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Bernie Sanders would have made a great President.

13. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I disagree about Bernie, I think he would have made a terrible president. He was way too divisive, and way too far to the left. Policies that far left simply don't work in anything but the very short term. There's no way I could have voted for Bernie.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

They work in Canada, and have done for the better part of 150 years.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sharpie61

16. Sharpie61

17. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

18. westwingnut

19. westwingnut

For wonks:

How a secret Freedom Caucus pact brought down Obamacare repeal

Going into Friday, I really believed that Trump would be able to get his own caucus on board. I was thinking about how Lincoln got the conservative wing of the Republican party to vote for the 13th Amendment, or how Reagan got enough Democrats to vote for some of his proposals. They didn't back down and they got their deals made.

Not so with Trump, it appears.

• Old Old x 1
  20. westwingnut

Which leads to the next story:

Steve Bannon Thought He Could Bully Republicans On Health Care. He Couldn’t.
    Trump does read opinion polls and he does care about his approval rating. They are measurements of his brand, which is the most important thing to him.

If Trump wants to save his presidency he should dump Bannon as soon as possible. That would be a silver lining to the health care debacle.