Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

What edition to buy as a starter to the comics

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Comic Series' started by luis, Apr 12, 2017.

1. luis

luis New Member

Fan of the TV series here, never read any of the print series. I want to read the comics that inspire the show, don't want to go ahead, just read the material that inspire the 7 seasons of the show. I've seen there are a lot of editions: Comics, Paperbacks, Hardcovers, Omnibus, Compendium and others. I want something nice but that gives me the more for my buck, what's the edition that gives me more value for my money and isn't to expensive to buy the first 7 seasons of the shows in the comics, I could even buy what is expected to happen in 8th season and keep it here to read after it comes out.

What do you guys recommend, thank you in advance.

2. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

First two compendiums go for pretty cheap these days. It's been awhile so I'd have to look, but I think the second one ends somewhere around where the show is now.

3. luis

luis New Member

Thanks a lot! They go for around 40 bucks each. Not bad

4. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

5. luis

luis New Member

Thanks! Nice guide! My fear was I would get hooked on the issues just like it happened to me with Game of Thrones books after I saw the HBO series and now Im waiting for the book. But it's not that bad. I already ordered the first 2 compendiums. Preowned excellent condition on amazon for 50 dollars. I'll read those and then go for a new compendium 3 if I like the comics. Haven't read a comic in more than 20 years.

• Like Like x 1