Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Westwingnut's Thread of Boredom

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by westwingnut, Dec 22, 2016.

1. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

That's exactly how I see it. I see them all as genuine friends and I really don't think she thought one more thing about it after her reaction. He was playing on the words she had already used and I think even she found it funny.

Also....your PSes made me laugh. :D

• Like Like x 2
  2. PepperAnn

LMAOOOOO!!!

3. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

What's a Cbox?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. PepperAnn

Something that will never go away. :p

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I wish it would. It's memory seems to bring discord.
    I also wish tap a talk would allow me to get rid of the phone signature like I could before.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. PepperAnn

The SAMSUNG thing? We all know EXACTLY what phone you have. :p

7. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Use to be able to disable that. Now that it updated, it won't let me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

It sounds like something Greg Gutfeld would say to one of his colleagues. "Kimberly, America wants to C your Box" lol

He should be fired for this. Effective immediately.

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. surviving

surviving Well-Known Member

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/nearing-100-days-trumps-approval-at-record-lows-but-his-base-is-holding/2017/04/22/a513a466-26b4-11e7-b503-9d616bd5a305_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_poll-1202am:homepage/story&utm_term=.4d40b6f10e85

"Despite the public’s skepticism of Trump’s first 100 days, the survey finds little evidence voters would render a different verdict from last November, when Trump won key states needed to secure victory in the electoral college despite Clinton winning more votes nationwide.

The new survey finds 46 percent saying they voted for Clinton and 43 percent for Trump, similar to her two-point national vote margin. Asked how they would vote if the election were held today, 43 say they would support Trump and 40 percent say Clinton."

Trump still wins.

10. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

That doesn't surprise me at all. Clinton is just not well liked. I feel bad for her though because she had experience and she definitely had to fight to get where she got. She also endured a lot from her cheater husband.

But at the same time, she threw dangerous projectiles at people, scared the shit out of her aids and basically turned Dick Morris into a conservative because of her mean spirit. ;-) lol

She never lost the popular vote to anyone. Not Obama, not Bernie and not Trump. Yet she was never able to win the title of President. Our electoral college isn't racist, but maybe it is a bit sexist... Or maybe it didn't like her either. Lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Trump tells Dreamers to 'rest easy'
    I take this as good news. Trump's campaign rhetoric about "deportation forces" has softened into a policy that is only slightly more active the Barack Obama's.

I have one friend who is a Dreamer and is about to graduate from college. I have another friend who is an Anchor Baby who is in her first year of engineering in college.

(Apologies if this appears twice. Server issues again.)

12. westwingnut

Trump tells Dreamers to 'rest easy'
    I take this as good news. Trump's campaign rhetoric about "deportation forces" has softened into a policy that is only slightly more active the Barack Obama's.

I have one friend who is a Dreamer and is about to graduate from college. I have another friend who is an Anchor Baby who is in her first year in engineering college.

13. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

lots of numbers here. i can't find the question re "what if the election were being held today." can you tell me which paragraph? thanks.

14. westwingnut

Double post. Server issues.

#2132 westwingnut, Apr 23, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  15. Biffster

Must have missed that keefuffle, but thanks for the clarification. ;)

16. westwingnut

Cbox is short for Chatbox, which is another site where some members go to chat with one another.

If you remember the kerfuffle that occurred in this thread this past December, those people were all part of that group.

17. NoMora

NoMora Active Member

Among 1004 adults who were asked.

I think this is quite interesting, too:

"The president’s approval rating stands at 42 percent, the lowest recorded at this stage of a presidency dating to Dwight Eisenhower. Trump’s 53 percent disapproval rating is 14 percentage points higher than Bill Clinton’s 39 percent disapproval in April 1993, the worst before Trump. Eight years ago, then-president Barack Obama’s approval was 69 percent, his disapproval 26 percent.

The Post-ABC poll finds 43 percent of Americans said they strongly disapprove of Trump’s performance. That’s also the worst by far of any president since George H.W. Bush by more than double. In the spring of 1993, 21 percent said they strongly disapproved of Clinton’s performance.

Americans split at 35 percent apiece on whether Trump is doing a better or worse job than expected, with the rest saying he’s neither above nor below their expectations."

#2133 NoMora, Apr 23, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  18. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Except he's already gone after dreamers, and has deported children who were born here's parents. Talk is cheap.

19. surviving

surviving Well-Known Member

Those are the last two paragraphs in the article.

• Like Like x 1
  20. westwingnut

I have read several stories about Dreamers being deported. But the facts are often murky, and usually the person has done something else to run afoul of customs. In one story the person had violated the terms of the program by visiting Mexico without informing ICE.

I'm not reading stories about how law-abiding undocumented people are being deported by the thousands or even by the hundreds. So for the moment I am going to give Trump the benefit of the doubt.

21. Biffster

22. westwingnut

Another long, boring article.

Obama’s hidden Iran deal giveaway

I've already posted my thoughts about the Iran Nuclear Deal and President Obama's approach to the Middle East before, so I won't repeat them here. I do take note that a few days ago Trump was getting praise for arranging to have Egypt release an American aid worker. We don't as yet know what, if anything, he had to give the Egyptians in order to secure her release. Time will tell, as they say.

23. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I didn't know abt this holiday.

State government offices are closed Monday in Mississippi and Alabama for Confederate Memorial Day.

Georgia used to mark the holiday, but removed the Confederate reference in 2015. Now, the last Monday in April there is simply called State Holiday.

Confederate Memorial Day in Mississippi and Alabama commemorates those who died during the Civil War while fighting for Southern states that tried to secede from the U.S. The Confederate military surrendered in April 1865.

South Carolina holds a Confederate Memorial Day in May to mark the day Gen. Thomas “Stonewall” Jackson died.

Mississippi said in its 1861 secession declaration that its decision to leave the United States was “thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery.” Alabama said in its secession ordinance that it would join other states in “Southern Slaveholding Confederacy.”

Lea Campbell of Ocean Springs is among the critics who say it’s long past time for states to ditch Confederate Memorial Day.

“The Confederacy was a government that was established to maintain the institution of slavery to maintain the social hierarchy of white supremacy,” said Campbell, who is white and has helped organize rallies calling for Mississippi to remove the Confederate battle emblem that has been on the state flag since 1894. It is the last state flag in the nation to prominently feature the rebel emblem — a red field topped by a tilted blue cross dotted by 13 white stars.

Barry Cook, chaplain of a Sons of Confederate Veterans chapter in Jasper, Alabama, wrote last week on al.com that the average Southerner fought what he called “the War Between the States” because Yankees were trying to disrupt their lives.

Cook wrote that as Confederate Memorial Day approaches, “all we ask, in the immortal words of (Confederate) President Jefferson Davis, please just leave us alone. Let us honor the valor and bravery of our Southern heroes without intimidation and insult. Our ancestors fought, died and lost everything they had for a cause that to us is worth remembering and cherishing.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/04/24/confederate-memorial-day-southern-states/100835694/

24. westwingnut

I personally have no problem with a day to remember the average Confederate soldier. And there are 364 other days of the year to talk about what caused the Civil War.

Statues and monuments erected to commemorate their leaders are a different matter.

#2138 westwingnut, Apr 24, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  25. westwingnut

Scott Baio Has Harsh Words On Co-Star’s Death: ‘You Do Drugs Or Drink, You’re Gonna Die’
    Baio, you may remember, spoke at the last Republican national convention. Hence the inclusion of this story in the ToB.

#2139 westwingnut, Apr 24, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Biffster

Talk about a backhanded compliment!