Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[Spoiler] Will Negan's war tactics introduce The Whisperers?

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Spoilers' started by GrungeMan, Apr 4, 2017.

1. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Well we're officially on the off-season and I wanted to randomly come back onto the forum to share another thought about where the shows story will go next.

*posting a prediction in spoilers because I am going to mention comic spoilers ahead!*

Toward the end of the war Negan decides to combat Rick by having all of the Saviors' weapons coated in walker guts, so that when they broke skin upon contact the wound would immediately become infected from the walker gunk.

I do not think the show will play this angle, as we've had a couple [though minor] examples of walker blades cutting someone [Sasha grazed Abraham's arm] - but more importantly we have plenty of examples of walker fluid being liberally splashed into people's faces [Rick took an egregious amount of blood to his scratched up face in the season 5 finale when he blew a walker's brains out at close range].

Instead... I think Negan [perhaps even through Eugene] will come up with the strategy of Saviors and/or the Trash People wearing walker suits and blending into groups of the dead.

Some logic to support this crazy prediction:

- Negan's men actively account for herds already and lead them into traps for disposal. They can just as easily change to using them as weapons. Sending the Trash People inside to control the heard from within..

- Jadis expresses what I assume is some shred of concern that her group is "still changing." If there is ANYONE who would somehow decide that walking with the dead appeals to them it's these crazies.

- Jadis goes with the best deal provided to her and her people while apparently believing it's best to "not bother and just take".... Jadis might decide that after they lose the war and see just how much destruction the walkers can do that their best deal is with the dead. The dead do everything for them while they take what is left. After the war Jadis et al. live among the dead growing stronger for their eventual return.

There are some cons and issues to this prediction, such as it not necessarily having the same powerful introduction as the comic [i.e. random talking walkers], but I believe they are developing this crappy group for a reason and with the introduction of Oceanside this season it's feasible to argue that the show is setting-up arcs well in advance of what we expected.

What do you all think???

2. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I have not read the comics and cannot comment on that. What exactly do you mean by ''coated with walker guts''? The comics saviours are using guns, are they not? Coating each bullet with walker blood? This might not work well as when a bullet passes through the gun barrel, enough heat would be generated due to friction to evaporate the blood, I think. Maybe they are using knifes and spears in the comics?

Anyway, in the TV, wearing walker suits is not a new idea. Carol wore one when she sneaked on the Terminus. Rick+Carl+Jessie+Ron+Sam..etc used bed sheets with walker blood as camouflage when they tried to escape from the house in ASZ. So, Rick and gang know this potential tactics already.
    If the show wants to be creative, it must be something else, I think, and this might come from Eugene.

How about walkers with armour? Eugene has already come up with molten helmet for the walkers. Something like: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b0/3a/32/b03a327c58a1270ad3f587e852788faa.jpg

3. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

They coat their arrows, knives, etc in walker guts. It kills a few, and Dwight shoots Rick. Negan is shocked when Rick shows up fine, because Dwight didn't put anything on his arrow on purpose.
    Walker suits are actually skinned walkers and the whisperers put on the skins. It's not only to blend in but it also helps them steer herds and trick people

• Like Like x 1
  4. Walker97

Walker97 Active Member

I think there is a good likelihood that the GPK group could become the whisperers...obviously they didn't exist in the comics, so there is no way to know. However, I think that them shooting the flare gun was the sign for them to retreat. That may mean more than just back to the Home Trash Heap...They may realize without being on the winning side of this, they are on two people list now and they are not as strong as either group. I could see them disappear for the entirity of season 8...and then a re-emergence as the whisperers...

I don't really see how they play into the group long term...I don't think they have any real deal with the Saviors. They are cowards, so they are not going to be in a war. They have no loyalty to these groups, but they are wanted...so that's why they disappear.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

I think there would just be too much of the Whisperer story you would have to change to make it fit the Heapsters, that it wouldn't work as well.

6. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I read a few people who know the comics have the same thought, that the junkyard people will become the whisperers.

On one hand it could fit. An interesting way to give them a backstory before actually introducing them later on. And they don't have an official title at this point. But I don't know the comics, so maybe the junkyard people are just too far removed for it to work.

7. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

I can get on board with a disappearance of Jadis and her group only for them to emerge a few years following the war. However, Jadis and Negan's deal of "10 people" might suggest that there is more to their deal and their interactions than we think.

If they do disappear, then I would imagine that it's because Negan destroyed their junk yard home and they were forced into hiding [It's not hard to believe that Negan knows where they live somehow]. Although I can also see Negan paying them a visit and forcing them into servitude which would allow the group to still be relevant during season 8.

8. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

No. The whisperers are totally a different mind set then any group we've meet. Especially from these trash people. Just because they talk weird doesn't automatically mean they're whisperers. It bothered me when people kept saying the wolves were the whisperers as well.

9. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

The comparison to the wolves was definitely a stretch and one I didn't agree with at the time, but I think that there are some rather compelling parallels between the whisperers and the trash people.

If they end up being two distinct groups, then I'll have a difficult time trying to understand why they chose Jadis to be so similar physically and behaviorally to Alpha.

10. Glenn's Deuce

Glenn's Deuce Member

Jadis is Alpha.

Make book on it.

11. Funion The Barbarian

Funion The Barbarian Active Member

I corrected that one for you....

12. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Who knows if they'll even do the Whisperer's arc...I'm not confident that most of the TWD viewing audience can handle it after hearing the reactions to some of the other comic stories.

13. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Personally they could skip the whole whisperer arc and I would be okay with that decision.

14. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I'm cool either way, but if they DO have it, they definitely can't drag it out as long as they did in the comics.

15. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I just think it will not translate that well to television. An okay story line for a comic but I think on TV it would just come off as silly. With that said, I know I will still watch and who the hell knows, they might surprise me and win me over with their take on it.

16. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

That's why i think the audience wouldn't take it well...i've already heard numerous complaints about Ezekiel and Shiva, let alone a herd of people with walker masks. Not to mention the costume department would have a huge undertaking to make it believable that humans could be mistaken for walkers by other humans.

17. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Ezekiel? Really? I love that character and Khary's take on the character. And Shiva I have no problem with

18. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Same here, i was excited to see him but i was surprised to hear a lot of complaints...mainly on facebook though so i'm not sure that counts :p

19. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Complaining about the actor or complaining about the character? If they are complaining about the over the top delivery when Ezekiel is in King mode then those people need to turn up the volume and pay attention. The reasoning for his verbose and Shakespearean speech has been stated on a few occasions. Surely the people complaining realize why the King is the way the King is?! If Carol can accept it and smile then those complaining need to just fall in line ;)

20. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I've seen complaints about the character and the idea of a man with a tiger in the apocalypse...not the actor :) And i agree...but the people can be quite stubborn. Hopefully they represent the minority and not the majority...it's hard to tell sometimes when you see comment after comment. I can only imagine though if the whisperers were to show up!