Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Better Call Saul

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by Jon Snow, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

On Talking Saul the actress said that Kim was just being obsessive about trying to have the right wording/grammar in the contract.

2. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

so something HAS to come back on her for the way it was written, maybe Chuck will steal it back.

3. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

I don't think so. I think it was just showing how she has a little OCD of her own. Would a semi-colon be that critical? Probably not, but she likes to do things right. She has a hard time letting go.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah, and I think Rhea Seehorn, the actress, has some things in common with Kim, because she said she spent like 2 hours looking at grammar websites to make sure it made sense for her to switch between semi colon and period, etc.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Biffster

That's right! Great casting.

6. Stealth

Really enjoyed this one. So many great scenes, but my favorite was the one between Chuck and Jimmy at the curb as they waited for the police to arrive. Chuck just can't accept that his brother is a lawyer and will do anything to destroy that. I think it makes Chuck feel small and worthless that Jimmy is in the same profession.

• Like Like x 2
  7. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Rhea Seehorn is fabulous in this show.

ETA: I want this series to end on a black-and-white shot of Kim Wexler making an order at Cinnabon.

#387 westwingnut, Apr 25, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  8. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Not just that, but because of Jimmy's sordid past and nature, he arrogantly believes that Jimmy shouldn't be the same type of profession as him. He feels that Jimmy degrades him and his lofty status as an attorney. He's not concerned at all with the hurdles that Jimmy has had to overcome or his attempts at trying to better himself. He doesn't ever want to see Jimmy as an equal. At least that's my take.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Biffster

The irony of this is that, given the chance, Jimmy is a much BETTER lawyer than Chuck is. Jimmy connects with people and helps them get what they're after. For Chuck, it's all about procedure. He is useless around people. He would have been a better accountant.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

yes, that was a great conversation. i can't tell if chuck was initially planning to mess with jimmy's license, based on his "here's what's going to happen" sermon.

jimmy was so calm as he began the "here's what's going to happen" rebuttal to chuck. it was so truthful and so bleak, i wonder if that was why chuck decided to weasel the prosecution into offering the pre-prosecution diversion knife in the back, or if that was always his plan.

11. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

I'm dying to know what becomes of Chuck. Does he end up in a straight jacket? Or dead? Does he become a hermit?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

The sense I got was that he was originally planning on going through with prosecuting the full felony charge, resulting in loss of license, and then when Jimmy gave him such a harsh reality check regarding their relationship, Chuck stepped back and realized he was wrecking what was left of his family. But didn't step back far enough to allow Jimmy to remain a lawyer. He still just couldn't allow that lol.

I think Chuck has actually tricked himself into believing he is helping Jimmy, when he really just can't live with the fact that Jimmy is his equal, at least by title. And to me it seems obvious that they are leading up to a big reveal where Jimmy finds out that Chuck's disease is caused by Jimmy. Chucks anguish at the things Jimmy does has manifested itself as this electromagnetic intolerance. And this revelation may be what finally snaps Jimmy, turning him into Saul. At least that's my guess. Jimmy may even make this discovery somehow only AFTER Chuck is dead. He will consider that he was basically Chuck's murderer, and finally say "ah, f*ck this world....I'm Saul Goodman!"

I like how every episode has the sideshow mystery hour of 'what the hell is Mike doing exactly?'. At first I thought the powder was some sort of explosive, and that he'd trigger it when the truck when under it, but that seemed an inefficient way to do things. The way it played out was better.

13. Biffster

You can thank Vince Gilligan and the writers for those fun little slow reveals. He used to do that all the time with Walter White as well. I somehow don't even Saul Goodman as a man completely without morals—he just has a way of rationalizing what he's doing, much like Slipping Jimmy. I'm curious about Chuck's fate, but I'm even more curious about what happens to Kim. She seems pretty loyal, and she's not totally in the dark either like Skyler was.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Skylar! Ugh! So I'm watching BB again for like the 10th time.... I never gave it much thought the other 9 times I've seen the series, but she was a complete harpy from day 1. I remember thinking that she, like Walt, sort of peeled the proverbial layers of the onion that were their respective characters... and while that's true, she was pretty much a ball-buster from the start. lol

Me and a guy who never posts here anymore used to make jokes ALL the time about how Walter was the poor victim and that it was really Skylar's fault for why he became a monster. Then we blamed Jesse, then Hank, then Marie, the baby, gus, Saul... anyone but Walt. Then we finally blamed Walt Jr. LMAO!

Some other people would get so mad at us because they thought we were just trying to troll them... which we were, but we did it mainly for the fun of seeing what goofy spin we could give to why Walter wasn't responsible for his many horrible actions.

15. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Case in point... Hank brought Walt in to see the DEA drug bust at Emilio's house. Hank should have NEVER brought a civilian into a meth site!!! NEVER!!! Furthermore, Hank knew that Walt was a science genius. Hank knew that Walt had access to critical equipment at the school that could facilitate the manufacturing of meth!! Hank, a DEA agent, let Walt slide when he heard the rumor about Walt smoking pot!!!! Don't even get me started about all the things that Hank didn't know!! I don't even know what's worse. Bottom line #hanksfault lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

Maybe after he chases away everyone that cares for him and he ends up all alone, he offs himself. Just goes out in the garage, starts up the ole Volvo, and asphyxiates himself, and never lives to get that stick out of his behind... :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Biffster

I guess the bottom line there is be careful in whom you place your trust.

18. Stealth

I think it was always his plan. He wants Jimmy disbarred. I don't think he wants him to suffer in prison for an extended period of time. What's so funny here is that while he'd never admit it, Chuck is as sleazy as Jimmy to set up such a contrived and elaborate plan to push his brother over the edge. You could tell Howard was uncomfortable with the whole scheme.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Stealth

I think Jimmy foreshadowed Chuck's demise in the last episode. I could see it being part of a future season finale, at the point where Jimmy fully becomes Saul. Maybe next season.

20. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

yes, i think that must be right. when chuck talks about jimmy finding his right path, he must mean something other than being a lawyer. only then would chuck be "on his side." after all, if chuck had ever honestly wanted to help jimmy achieve his own happiness, he wouldn't have put him in the mail room with false hope of ever advancing. that was such a malicious, ruthless betrayal, nothing chuck says about being on jimmy's side would be objectively true in any future scenario, as far as i'm concerned.

jimmy is a more forgiving person than i am. i would have cut chuck out of my life right there, once i could start breathing again.

my currently harebrained notion of the name change to saul also comes with chuck's death. i'm puzzling that if chuck destroys jimmy's license, jimmy finds a way to co-opt chuck's license via a name change--but from chuck to saul. i don't even know if that's possible, or if chuck's license number would automatically deactivate upon death via computers interacting with each other. i think the name change would require a court appearance, in which case local judges would recognize that chuck's original name doesn't go with jimmy's face. so my idea doesn't quite work, but that's what i'm toying with.

it would be a scam on the legal system on such a grand scale, it really would exemplify "It's all good, man."

#400 Lindigo, Apr 26, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2017