Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

TURN

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by Arrow, Mar 31, 2014.

1. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

So, [MENTION=591]Rapscallion[/MENTION], do you think the Benedict Arnold story arc is finished? How influential was he or not in the war from this point on?

Simcoe. Last we heard Col. Cook was sending him to the front.

And lest we forget Rodgers. Does he just disappear not to be heard from again?

I ask because you seem up on the events of the Revolutionary War.

2. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

[MENTION=67542]purriwinkle[/MENTION],

I think Benedict Arnold realized that Peggy had a relationship with John Andre and he'll confront her on that. I also think Peggy—who's now married to a man she doesn't love—will scheme with the Culper Ring to hand Arnold over to the Americans.

Simcoe will be sent to New York City; Sir Henry Clinton and George Washington's armies spent the rest of the war outside the city trying to lure each other into a decisive battle. But the war will soon shift to the southern theater. I expect Simcoe will be sent South; so was Arnold.

I don't know enough about Robert Rogers, but he's got a score to settle with Simcoe, so if Simcoe is sent south, Rogers will follow him.

3. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

Good News! It's Renewed! Bad News! It's Cancelled! Turn is being brough back for one final season. All in all, I guess that it is the best we could've hoped and gives the writers a chance to wrap everything up properly.

4. purriwinkle

Quite a challenge for the writers. We'll get a fast forward to the Treaty of Paris or maybe they'll end it at Cornwallis surrender at Yorktown. However I looked up some dates and Arnold betrayed his country in 1780, and the Treaty of Paris was signed in 1783 so maybe not so daunting after all.

#104 purriwinkle, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  5. No.Pantaloons

It does remind me of the situation with the HBO show "Rome" where they were given one final season and had to squeeze three seasons of planned material from stuff that happened in history. Funnily enough, the ratings were strong that final season and HBO came to regret that decision as they desperately needed a new flagship show at the time.

6. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

The same thing happened to Deadwood. I've heard talk of bringing it back or a cable-TV movie to wrap up the story, but its never happened.

7. WickedJenn

WickedJenn Active Member

Thank you [MENTION=67542]purriwinkle[/MENTION] for letting me know this was here!

I've got to do a re-watch of last season, I forgot a lot of it. I am sorely disappointed that this will be the final season coming up. I LOVE this show, I'm a huge Rev. War history nerd.

I jumped up and down when they brought in Alexander Hamilton!

8. purriwinkle

Just watched the season 4 primere and it looks promising for a rousing finish. Poor Benedict, man gets no respect....for good reason and his little Miss Peggy. What a bitch. So intent on turning the knife in Andre's little actress friend that she unwittingly set her husband on Brewster's tail. Run Caleb run!!! lol

I must admit old Judge Woodhull impressed me. Man has some moves. The Woodhull's were born to be spies.

9. purriwinkle

ACK!!! I'm all caught up and wow. Talk about best laid plans going awry. I wasn't expecting another one of the "major" characters biting the dust so quickly when I was just starting to like him. Tragic. Will someone just kill Simcoe already? Last thought is that it looks like the honeymoon is over for the Arnolds. Can a baby fix the relationship after the things they said to each other? Not that there were any real feelings there to begin with....at least on the part of the missus but with a baby coming..damn.

10. No.Pantaloons

Hold your tongue! Simcoe's the funnest character on the show!

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. purriwinkle

Ok, this is good stuff. Abe in the lion's den. I was certainly not expecting Major Hewlett to make a reappearance, and what will Peggy do with the information she overheard? Add Simcoe to the mess, does he even realize Abe is there? His men recognize him from the prisoner exchange but it seems like every one has bigger fish to fry so you don't really know who's going after who (well we know Abe's target) and what obstacles will be thrown in their path. Looking forward to next week and by the way, I know I've said it before, but I love how bad ass Mary is!

12. purriwinkle

Arnold leading the men to Virginia can't be good. Abe better watch his back once they get on the field cause Simcoe is going to be there. I wouldn't put it past him to kill Abe with "friendly fire", but then again, Abe would do the same if he could. It would probably be best to find some way to high tail it out of there in the confusion.....but then Abe risks getting hanged. Not a lot of options here.

Poor Caleb suffering from PTSD and no good psychologists!!! lol I hope he'll find a way to come back from it with the help of his friends although Talmadge doesn't seem too sympathetic at the moment.

Keep an eye on that lady spy in camp Mary! I see it as a chance to prove her value beyond just being Abe's wife to others. She's told them she's been helping Abe but now she has a chance to showcase her skills. I hope she doesn't blow it.

13. purriwinkle

I absolutely loved the series finale. The writing was genius and it had some genuinely moving moments. The only character I was unsure of what happened to her was Abigail. Was she ever reunited with her son?