Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Time for Trump to go

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

i had forgotten about trump's comment. i sneer at the spin and i rate his as the absolute worst of all.

sometimes i have a tsunami of hatred for him that overwhelms even my gigantic background ocean of hatred for him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

When you read the paper, do you feel like you're floating in a choppy sea in a row boat, and are nervously casting glances over your shoulder at the darkening sky?

3. Lindigo

that is beautifully apt. <3

4. Morgotha

You aren't paranoid if they really are all out to get you:

"
    Three CNN staffers resigned after the network retracted a story tying a top President Trump ally to a Russian investment bank.

Thomas Frank, the author of the story, Eric Lichtblau, an editor in the CNN investigative unit that ran the story and Lex Haris, who oversaw the unit, have all left CNN, the network reported Monday.

The story connected Anthony Scaramucci, a top proponent of Trump, to a Russian investment fund run by a bank controlled by the Kremlin.

An internal CNN investigation reportedly found that normal editorial processes weren't followed in the story's editing and publication. Only one anonymous source was used in the story, and typical parts of CNN's workflow, such as fact checkers, were reportedly not utilized before publication.

CNN, which Trump has frequently derided as "fake news," added strict rules for its Russia coverage following the retraction.
    "That story did not meet CNN's editorial standards and has been retracted. Links to the story have been disabled. CNN apologizes to Mr. Scaramucci."

A source close to CNN told BuzzFeed that the story's publication was a "massive, massive f--- up and people will be disciplined."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/th...russia-story-retraction/ar-BBDiEMf?li=BBnb7Kz

5. Lindigo

yes, they fired three people.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

These news sources get a lot more right than they get wrong.

Just ask Michael Flynn. He was the National Security Adviser until the Washington Post dug up information that he had illicit communications with the Russian government and then lied about it. Not only was he forced to resign, but he has subsequently refused congressional subpoenas demanding that he testify about his actions.

In addition, Trump delivered a veiled threat to FBI James Comey to stop his investigation into Flynn (after sending everyone else out of the room so there would be no witnesses). When that didn't work, Trump fired Comey, leading to the first investigation from Robert Mueller of Trump regarding obstruction of justice.

So all in all I am glad that the mainstream media is out there digging for the truth. It's 100% certain that Fox News, Breitbart and InfoWar wouldn't have reported this story about Flynn.

#11806 westwingnut, Jun 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Exactly. They didn't try to keep the story alive or cover it up, they said flat out it did not meet their standards, and let the people responsible go.

Which to me proves they AREN'T out to 'get' Trump. Unlike all of the birther stories done about Obama and various other 'news', they are actually trying not to report fake news.

Is Fox? Brietbart?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. westwingnut

I don't recall hearing retractions from Trump and the right-wing news sources regarding the size of the crowd at Trump's inauguration, Trump's claim of 3 million illegal votes for Clinton, or the Seth Rich story.

These rwnj's just like to point to mistakes from the MSM so they don't have to admit anything wrong with themselves.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Morgotha

Yes, they accepted responsibility nicely.

10. Morgotha

I agree.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Morgotha

I disagree. They did run it even after their internal team "expressed concerns" about it. That's bad. They did retract it though, which is "good", except that it might have been done in self-interest to keep from being sued. I am impressed that they had the three people involved resign.

I'm not so impressed with Reza Aslan or Kathy Griffin - two others associated with CNN that have been let go recently. That makes three incidents where people had to be fired for what they said about Trump in the last couple months. That seems to me that the culture of CNN is made up of people who are against Trump, and just shedding the people who get caught doesn't really solve the problem of bias against the President.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Morgotha

I expect a higher level of journalistic integrity from a journalist that from a politician or a used car salesman. I don't think that's unreasonable.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lindigo

lol. the only thing that would solve the problem of bias against the President would be his becoming competent and becoming less authoritarian and less childish. Also Trump needs to do less that demolishes respect for the American presidency all across the globe. a recent poll in europe had more peope trusting in putin's foreign policy than in trump's. at least i think that was a european poll.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. surviving

surviving Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 2
  15. tink

tink Well-Known Member

He was talking about journalistic retractions for those stories, all WIDELY reported in conservative papers/channels, and never retracted to this day.

16. westwingnut

How about holding Breitbart, Fox News, and InfoWars to the same standards that you have for the MSM?

Proverbs 11:1

17. Morgotha

The problem though is the media isn't supposed to *appear* to be biased. If people believe what they post is because of bias, and not just reporting facts, people who don't agree with their politics won't trust them, and that defeats their reason for being.

18. Morgotha

Primarily because I used to think of CNN tried to be a real news source like the BBC. Breitbart and InfoWars aren't really news sources, imo, other than providing stories you otherwise hear about. Fox News? It was made as a right-wing biased counterpart to the left-wing biased msm. Fox seems pretty much on par with the msm.

The point is I'd hold each of these sources accountable to what I think they are trying to hold themselves to.

19. westwingnut

This thinking is valid only if you rely on CNN and other mainstream sources for your news. It is bogus if you quote from right-wing sources while not holding them to the same standard.

I guess we'll see where you choose to get your news from in the future. It will say something about the standards you hold yourself to.

20. Morgotha

It's nice to know I can count on you to evaluate the appropriateness of which news agencies I look at:rolleyes:

However, saying you'll look at where I get my news in the future isn't really valid. Since I know you'll be watching, I might deliberately change my newsreading patterns. I've probably posted more links to news than most people here, what you should do is take all my links for the past year and make a table of what sources they were quoted from. Then you'd have an unbiased sample of what my habits are - or at least of what I deem is postworthy.

Of course, much like getting up before 11 a.m., for someone who's in the Left Wing, that's probably too much work, so I won't hold anyone to anything.