Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

172 Cover

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Comic Series' started by Neuropyramidal, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

These boards are so dead these days. Not even threads about future releases get posted on anymore. In anycase not anything surprising. We already knew that they were planning on going to rebuild Hilltop. Guess the only thing we can take from this cover is that the story about the trip to Ohio and the Hilltop being rebuilt will be about 50/50 or 60/40 in the next arc.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TROR

TROR Member

The new layout really killed this site for me.

• Winner Winner x 4
  4. Neuropyramidal

Yep, this forum was dying even before that happened, but that was like the last nail in the coffin. It doesn't get 5% the traffic it once got. Deservedly so, frankly.

5. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

It's just frickin' awful now, honestly.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Neuropyramidal

I wish you could have been here in this forum's hay day. Which was about spring of 2013 to spring of 2015. It was a really fun and active place with hundreds of active members. Ownership changed hands, and admin neglect and incompetence, combined with the later change in format, killed it.

In 2014 this forum held a weekly prize giveaway....things like lunchboxes and bobble heads. About 90% of the "winners" were names no one had ever heard of, nor had they ever made a post [who also strangely never came back to complain they didn't receive their prize.....hmmmmmm]

[​IMG]

The few winning members who were known to be real, never received any prize in the mail. No explanation was ever given. I PM'ed the admins questioning it, never to receive a response. One staff member denied remembering that such a giveaway ever took place, despite it being a prominently featured event on the forum for about 3 months straight lol.

This is who we are dealing with...so no surprise really.

• Like Like x 1
  7. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Yeah that and I think people are a little more 'meh' about the Walking Dead franchise in general. During season 3 and 4 (which I guess would have been 2012/13) it was an up and coming hit show that people were excited for and eager to talk about. It had a premise that had never really been done well before on the small screen.

Now it is a show that is very clearly past its prime. People still watch it but there definitely isn't that excitement surrounding it that causes people to want to go out and talk about it like they did a few years ago.

• Like Like x 2
  8. TROR

TROR Member

Yep, for sure. I still like talking about it with my friends who watch it but I don't really care about memes or talking about it with strangers anymore (no offense, y'all). I don't even care much if I miss the episode really when it's on. If I forget to watch it Sunday night I have no problem waiting till Monday to watch. It's just not as engaging anymore for me. Kind of sad, honestly.