Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Kirkman Believes The Show Could See A Twelfth Season

Discussion in 'walkingdeadforums.com News' started by News Admin, Dec 28, 2016.

1. malott008

malott008 New Member

i would personally like to see the show go on for even more seasons. i really enjoy all the action packed drama and lets face it zombies are freaking awesome and The Walking Dead has done a absolutely fantastic job.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. jb19601

jb19601 New Member

One more season then it over this should be the last season it losing steam not as good as it was earlier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Leon

Leon Member

"I’ve said before, Rick does not survive to the end. It was years ago so you guys probably forgot, but I foresee there being more story after his eventual demise.” - Kirkman

Ricky Dicky down and out = the demise of this show, mark my words.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Yeah the comics would be one thing, but to lose Rick in the show would be like when Michael Scott left The Office.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. stellabelly

stellabelly New Member

to discover new things in new season.

6. Luxi Turna

Luxi Turna New Member

ABSOLUTELY. It will be the last of their many bad decisions.

7. SStark

SStark Active Member

It was Lincoln's decision to leave the show.

8. Michael Corleone

Michael Corleone New Member

I suspect that Rick's departure may see another decline in ratings. It could be the beginning of the end of the show.

Then again, Daryl is still on, and Fear TWD has done fine enough without Rick.

9. Justified

Justified New Member

What would me wrong with a replacement Rick?

10. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I vote for Danny Trejo as replacement Rick.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. Justified

Justified New Member

What about James Bond. Just think about all the James Bond replacements after Sean Connery left the project. It actually got better over time. I think that killing off all the characters is a bad idea for TWD. We are going to lose Rick’s fans...

12. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

James Bond is a different type of franchise though. It is spread out over a long time and new adventures are kind of expected to eventually have new Bonds, like Dr. Who. TWD isn't the type of show where it would be good to replace major adult characters. A replacement Rick would be dumpstergate 50 times magnified. The fans would have a worse reaction than to him just having a proper death. And its Andrew Lincoln that needs to have that proper on screen death, not some other actor they bring in as Discount Grimes. He started Rick's story and he's the one that should finish it.

• Winner Winner x 2
  13. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I understand what you mean. James Bond's not really the perfect example because, except for a few, the films stand alone pretty well and I don't think Roger Moore has any recollection of what happened in the Connery films. It's kinds of "not the same timeline". Don Cheadel replacing Terrence Howard as War Machine in the MCU, or even better Mark Ruffalo taking over as Hulk might be better examples.
    It could have worked, but I think it would have turned off quite a few spectators too, so if the idea was just to maintain the audience, I don't think that would have been a great solution. It would have helped on another front though: TWD has been Rick's story, and we were pretty much expecting it to end at the moment when he would have passed the narrative hat to Carl. Now, it's not very clear why we were watching all of this with Rick as narrative central point. Keeping an alternate Rick would have made it narratively more "common", if not "acceptable".

On the other hand, and that's one of the things I like about that unwanted twist, it makes for an uncommon narrative unfolding, something that will take us away from The Road's narrative frame that we were all kind of expecting. To me, that's a plus, now I don't know where we're going.

14. Justified

Justified New Member

Well, well, we’ll...good to see that Rick is still alive. It sickened my soul to think that after all of Ricks effort he was just going to fall a horrid of walkers. Great way to take him out of the series.

• Like Like x 1
  15. CampFire

CampFire Member

I wonder if the 12th season will be important for the first movie or if it's totally different. I mean Rick will remember his family. Will Michonne and Daryl be in the second or third movie after the series is over?
    I cant imagine Rick not thinking about Judith and Michonne. Not trying to get them back.
    I hope for a reunion if not in the show then in the movies even if it's only in the last 10 minutes of the final movie. Too much to ask for? ;):D

16. VenomGA

VenomGA Well-Known Member

for this show to last to a 12th season, the show will have to do one of two things:
    1. Quit killing off all the major characters
    2. Start building the show off newer characters so the old school fans will buy into it.

personally, I'm not hopeful

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Dravencroft

Dravencroft New Member

I think that there should have been more deaths in All Out War, right now, it think one or two every season is just right.

Also, the introduction of the new group and the new characters from the existing communities is perfect. All that needs to happen is that they continue encountering reasonably sized new groups. They need to keep the cast list up, so that they can killing main characters (tension and such)

• Like Like x 1
  18. DocCovington

DocCovington Member

This is the first season since the very early episodes that has good writing, even excellent one. I would hate to see it have only one more season when the characters are finally behaving like themselves and there is no more weird, annoying, frequent OOC psycho nonsense, which ruined many seasons for me (see Rick Grimes; I love Lincoln but that mentally unstable character annoyed the heck out of me). This is the best season so far, so I hope for many more. Kudos to the new writers.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. itsmenermin

itsmenermin New Member

I agree.

20. itsmenermin

itsmenermin New Member

Great.