Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Vikings

Discussion in 'Television Shows' started by Goodfellas, Aug 30, 2013.

1. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

A few more images of the season finale from Sweatpants & Coffee, cause I hate to see the season end...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. purriwinkle

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I like how they captured the series of looks on Ivar's face after his axe hit home. It's almost like an, oh sh*t, before he shuts down his emotions.

3. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I got the feeling from that scene that Halfdan wanted to go out on his own and separate himself a bit from Harold. But it could be a larger plan too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

I'm hoping he's going out on his own, separate from his brother.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. southernlady

southernlady Well-Known Member

Can’t wait! [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. purriwinkle

When is the new season going to premiere?

7. Stealth

I'm looking forward to it too. The show hasn't been the same since Ragnar's death, but the promos look promising. They seem to be building toward Lagertha's death now. I hope that doesn't happen this season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. southernlady

The 29th :)

9. southernlady

I follow the 'sons' on Instagram and they have been posting pics, the season looks like it will be very good!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Stealth

There's new show that the History Channel is rolling out on 12/6 too, called Knightfall. It takes place in the 14th century with the Templar Knights. I'm going to at least check out the premiere to see if it's decent.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. southernlady

YES! I am very interested in watching this one as well!

• Like Like x 1
  12. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Yes, that looks really good. I am fascinated by the Knights Templar.

I sort of lost interest in Vikings last season, and now with Ragnar dead not sure I care to even try.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Stealth

Yeah, losing Ragnar has really taken a lot of the life out of the show for me. I think it could have been handled better with a longer transition between his demise and the introduction of his sons. They just suddenly showed us the adult sons and then killed him off shortly after. I will still watch it though because I'm invested in the story, and the preview looks good.

What I really liked about Vikings too was how they showed Ragnar's rise to power and how he gradually increased his sphere of influence. It was well done.

They also killed off Ecbert last year too, so we lost another character the audience had really connected with. Both of these were bold moves for a TV show, but the transition could have been done better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. purriwinkle

Ragnar's life as a warrior King was limited. After Paris, we were led to believe that Ragnar went off to live like a hermit until he returned many years later, after his younger sons were grown. There was a similar time jump with Bjorn. If they're not fighting or doing anything else of interest but going about their daily routines, that's not much of a show. Hence the jump.

I'll miss Ragnar but the tales said he died. His son's went on to amass their own fame and we're going to have a front row seat as the next generation carries on. I'm interested in seeing what kind of a legacy Ragnar left.

15. southernlady

16. Stealth

Three hours was too much for me to watch last night so I won't see it all until the weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  17. southernlady

I did DVR it. I watched some of it but fell asleep - had one of my headaches and my meds knocked me out :(

18. Stealth

I originally thought it was 2 hours, but when I found out it was 3 it was just too much to deal with. Don't know why they'd cram so much into the first night like that.

• Like Like x 1
  19. southernlady

The first hour was the 'saga of Lagertha'. Which leads me to believe she will be killed off. They did this with Ragnar at the beginning of 4B last season.

I really tried to keep my eyes open last night, I made it threw the first hour but when they went back to Kattegat I just couldn't do it! I'll finish it tonight.

#459 southernlady, Nov 30, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  20. purriwinkle

I recorded it too because I wasn't home to see it air and was surprised to find out how long it was. Of course I stayed up way later than I should have to watch it after I got home.

It should be a good season with all of the dynamics in flux. I think not only is Lagertha in trouble but the Lothbrok brothers are gonna be split even more with Ivar trying to position himself as the leader even though the brothers have warned him that they're a team. We have the English pushback, possible betrayals and new alliances. Thank goodness some things never change. Floki is still bat shit looney, in a good way, lol.