Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Time for Trump to go

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Jul 20, 2015.

1. tink

tink Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Donald is at his usual self this morning.

He also is heading here for Thanksgiving [​IMG][​IMG]

4. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Nope. Just when we think we are there, he sinks lower.

5. tink

tink Well-Known Member

He really is a bumbling, infantile buffoon.

With him endorsing Roy Moore, he is advocating a child molester instead of the man who prosecuted the murderers of four little girls, and saying it's because the prosecutor is 'soft on crime'. Trump is soft in the head.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. PepperAnn

And he just sank lower. Jesus.

7. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

“We have sunk so low, we are breaking through the earth’s crust, where drowning in hot magma will come as sweet relief.” John Oliver

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Sharpie61

Not a very flattering picture [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Sharpie61

10. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Huh, this might be trouble:

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...es-back-on-concerns-conway-violated-hatch-act

White House pushes back on concerns Conway violated Hatch Act
    By Rebecca Savransky - 11/22/17 03:28 PM EST

The White House on Wednesday pushed back against concerns that Kellyanne Conway had violated the Hatch Act with her comments on the Alabama Senate race.

“Ms. Conway did not advocate for or against the election of a candidate, and specifically declined to encourage Alabamans to vote a certain way," White House principal deputy press secretary Raj Shah said in a statement.

"She was speaking about issues and her support for the President’s agenda. This election is for the people of Alabama to decide," he said.

Conway earlier this week spoke out about the Alabama Senate race and Democratic candidate Doug Jones.
    “Doug Jones in Alabama, folks, don’t be fooled. He will be a vote against tax cuts. He is weak on crime, weak on borders. He is strong on raising your taxes. He is terrible for property owners," Conway said on "Fox & Friends."

Conway was questioned on whether she was telling people in Alabama to vote for GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore, who has been accused by multiple women of sexual misconduct when they were teenagers.

“I’m telling you that we want the votes in the Senate to get this tax bill through,” Conway said, calling Jones a “doctrinaire liberal.”

The former director of the Office of Government Ethics on Wednesday said he filed a complaint with a federal watchdog over Conway's comments.

"I have filed a complaint with the U.S. Office of Special Counsel, which investigates Hatch Act violations," Walter Shaub tweeted Wednesday.

He said Conway conducted the interview in front of the White House and it was "pretty clear she was appearing in her official capacity when she advocated against a candidate."

The Hatch Act "prohibits federal employees from using their official authority or influence to affect the outcome of an election."

11. Lindigo

That's interesting. Of course she violated the Hatch Act. And, considering her boss, of course she is going to continue to advocate for candidates. I'm curious to see how this will play out.

Last year when Obama tried not to express an opinion for Hillary over Bernie, of all of the reasons given, none of them was the Hatch Act. But maybe the White House did take into consideration that staffers would rise to Obama's example (even though the President himself is exempt).

12. Lindigo

In the courts, it doesn't matter if the advocacy is in a personal role or the wholly anonymous role of putting a bumper sticker on your car that never goes near your workplace.

Re KellyAnn, if she were spouting off on political matters, I don't think anyone would think of her in any context other than her official role, no matter where she was standing.

13. Sharpie61

I can’t help but laugh. only because Time commented on the tweet and said it wasn’t true [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. tink

tink Well-Known Member

TIME‏Verified account @TIME

The President is incorrect about how we choose Person of the Year. TIME does not comment on our choice until publication, which is December 6.

5:27 PM - 24 Nov 2017

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

How partisan is the country today? People want proof that Huckabee-Sanders really baked her own pie. To me, it seems odd that she didn't just post it on her kitchen counter, but OTOH, if it was a stock pie pic she lifted from somewhere, I'm sure someone would have found it by now. More to the point, is this *really* what the country has come to? Making this an issue?

"

Did she bake the pie or not?

It's a question only White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders can answer. It's also a sign of where our polarizing politics have taken us in 2017.

In a year when questions about possible Russian collusion, voter fraud and the legitimacy of a proposed travel ban have clouded President Donald Trump's administration, the political discourse is now — briefly — centered on a holiday culinary ritual.

On Thursday, Sanders tweeted a photo of a chocolate pecan pie with a brief message:

"I dont cook much these days, but managed this Chocolate Pecan Pie for Thanksgiving at the family farm!"

And this is where the controversy began.

Sanders' pie was pictured against a white background, and Twitter users — many partisans on the left, but also a journalist — wanted to see the pie in a more realistic setting. In Sanders' kitchen, perhaps, or at her dinner table.

April D. Ryan, Washington bureau chief for American Urban Radio Networks, skeptically tweeted, "Show it to us on a table."

The tweet led to the hashtag #piegate trending on Twitter for several hours Thursday and Friday. Those on the right mostly viewed the spat as minor and silly, while those on the left continued to press for legit pie proof."

[​IMG]

16. tink

tink Well-Known Member

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. PepperAnn

Trump is now saying that the Access Hollywood tape is faked. Yet he confirmed it was him when he apologized last year. o_O

• Like Like x 2
  18. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

That's a stock pie pic done by a professional food photographer. Notice the lighting and the symmetry. If she can lie about pie, she can lie about anything.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Lindigo

Re the pie, it does look store bought with the crinkly pie pan and that crust, but who cares. I can understand posting a generic picture for what you are talking about. That doesn't seem odd or dishonest to me. I would like to see it cut, though.

I only recently learned there was such a thing as chocolate pecan pie. Heaven.

20. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I have to agree. It looks nothing like a homemade pie, plus you can see the reflective background paper the pie is sitting on so the light is reflected properly. That's not her pie. If Michelle Obama posted it I would also call her a liar.