Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Negan

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead TV Characters' started by TGO, Nov 11, 2015.

1. DixonChick1978

DixonChick1978 New Member

Thought you would enjoy this

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Equestrian

Equestrian New Member

I saw Negan in that United Airlines add and laughed my head off. Too funny! :)

3. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

Here's Negan fan-made trailer I recently put together...

4. neganswifey

neganswifey New Member

Thank you for this beauty!! ❤ his smile always makes me weak

• Like Like x 1
  5. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

Me too... everything about him lol... even though he killed off my favorite character haha... obsessed though

• Like Like x 1
  6. NeganChic

NeganChic New Member

Oh boy. Can't wait for the new season premiere. I've missed my man a little too much.

• Like Like x 1
  7. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

I hope Negan keeps his beard from here on out... (irrelevant point to the show, I know but i had to voice my opinion on the matter)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  9. ScarlettCrow

ScarlettCrow Member

Love Negan but I also love JDM...met him a couple times...he is super loveable!

10. Reina

Reina Active Member

I bet he smells like leather.

11. ScarlettCrow

ScarlettCrow Member

LOL!!!!

12. Ezekiel King

Ezekiel King New Member

If there were a real global crisis, Negan would be a teddy bear when it comes to real world survival and fear. However, I love his attitude but question his morals.

13. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

What if Lucille (his wife) had lived into the apocalypse? What do you think would have become of Negan? And theoretically let’s say he didn’t die trying to protect her.

14. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

It's an almost impossible question, because his whole character has been defined by losing her and his guilt over what a shit he has been to her whilst she was alive. Also his freedom of all ties in the apocalypse, no one making him "weak".

If she had lived (not died of cancer), I can't imagine their marriage would have survived. But Negan wouldn't have called his bat Lucille. The rest? He's obviously had it in him.

• Like Like x 1
  15. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

Yeah I’m thinking if there was a “safe” alternative she would have left him once he built up the Sanctuary. I still think he would have taken a similar path, he just might have taken longer to get there with her as even the slightest moral influence. Ultimately it seems like he didn’t know her value until she was gone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. DavidDavidaon

DavidDavidaon Active Member

Hopefully he plays a part in the next season.
    He has always been a questionable character, though he's always got shit done; however this has mostly always been to mainly benefit him and benefit his followers just enough so that they don't put his head on a pike.
    Maybe 5 years of jail will have changed him. People can change, though it's rare. Maybe he will be the exception.

He was a great tactician and would've beaten Rick if it wasn't for Eugene and McGuffin guns. He understands that as a general not everyone can survive and doesn't seem to have a problem with this.

However he seems to have an attitude that will not gain him leadership a second time around. He wants the best for himself, he's selfish; nobody follows a selfish leader; this is one of the reasons that the best kings (even if they were better trained and better armoured than the knight) fought on the front lines, usually rallying their troops and even fighting when seriously wounded. Henry Prince of Wales comes to mind, he fought on after taking an arrow to the face, it was only due to a highly skilled surgeon, who invented an entirely new medical tool (essentially a pair of expanding "reverse" pliers) that were inserted into the tip of the arrowhead, through the wound and then expanded (by use of a screw) enabled him to pull the arrowhead from the skull of the young (16 years old) prince. Even though Henry was shot during the battle, he pulled the shaft of the arrow out and fought on. If he wasn't lucky enough to have such a skilled and knowledgeable surgeon (for the time) he would have died a week or two later of infection, maybe even a few months, with luck; like his ancestor; King Richard 'Lionheart'. Nobody follows a leader who doesn't run into the breach first, at least not for long. It's what made Alexander The Great so famous as well as other leaders like Leonidas of Sparta, Joan of Arc, etc.
    While Negan seems to have been a front line fighter, he was always heavily protected, or sent his lieutenants out to do his work while he loved in his "sanctuary".
    While he was an excellent tactician he got lazy and complacent towards the end. He relied on others more than himself and although he stopped his people acting like fools during the siege, he had eventually become a poor leader. This likely led to his downfall.
    However the fact that he risked his life to save Judith suggests he might have changed a bit, maybe five years in a cage has given him back his fighting spirit.
    I guess we'll see next season, he was kept alive for a reason (when it comes to the plot) after all. His skills as a fighter and tactician could be invaluable and his connection to Judith gives him something to fight for other than personal gain, whether Michonne likes it or not, he is a father figure to her. He always said that he and Rick were two sides of the same coin and I can't disagree, Rick was capable of some real brutality when Carl was threatened by that redneck gang, especially the man who tried to rape Carl.

#876 DavidDavidaon, Apr 24, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 2