Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Lauren Cohan's new ABC Pilot

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Television Series' started by Dnae, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Welp Ms Cohan is now tied to a pilot for ABC

http://deadline.com/2018/02/lauren-...urn-the-walking-dead-amc-season-9-1202296481/

From the synopsis it sounds like a dud waiting to happen. I calls them as I sees them

If in fact she does choose to leave TWD I am a-okay with them replacing her with another actress and continuing on with the character of Maggie. From where I sit the character, in this instance, is more compelling than the actress. Changing gears might be bumpy in the beginning but I think would be less bumpy than writing off the character somehow.

Time will tell I suppose - will she or wont she. Will the pilot even get picked up to series.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

To me, Carl makes such a gigantic shift away from the comics, that Maggie isn't as important going forward.

I mean Carl is arguably the most important character going forward, and if they can do what they are doing with him.....all bets are off. They could easily move forward without Maggie. Just have Enid or even Carol take her arc on.

I don't want to see her go, in my opinion Maggie, Daryl, Rick, and Michonne would be my only untouchables at this point. But anything is possible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Of course I do not want to see her go but would like to see her story come to a believable conclusion rather than, oh I dont know, come back to season 9 episode 1 and out of nowhere she died giving birth or something. I would rather they replace her with another actress than go down that road or something similar.

And yeah, Carol would be a good alternative. Hell, even Daryl - maybe that would make his character interesting once again

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

and for her sake of all I do hope that LC and AMC can reach an agreement before the ink dries too much on that contract.

IF the pilot were picked up for a season it sounds like a show that is basically going to be a stale re-hash of Castle or Bones and without the likes of Nathan Fillion or David Boreanz I just do not see it having a big enough draw to keep it going

5. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I for one would be really disappointed if they discontinued Maggie’s story...far more than Carl’s.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I agree....I want to see Maggie's story move forward. Thing is, I am not "married" to LC being the one who has to play Maggie. I do think that another actress could pick up the ball and run with it. And yes, there would be a bit of time to adjust to the new face but I think it could be done.

• Like Like x 1
  7. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I had to read that last sentence twice just to make sure.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

It possibly could be done, but it’s so hard for me to imagine right now :oops:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

SHITE read it twice?.......I had to TYPE it twice!!!

If grunter gunderson (aka Darlina) is going to remain on the show at least make him something akin to "watchable"

Pssssssst, over here @PepperAnn @Jen7 .........

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Generally network shows now are pretty bad. The last one I watched was Lost. Even by the lower standards you see on the networks this pilot Cohan is involved in sounds like garbage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Although the sitcom, The Good Place (NBC), with Ted Danson and Kristin Bell is actually funny AND clever. I am not a week by week watcher of the show but I will catch up with it from time to time on Hulu

12. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

NAAAAAH.

13. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I think Lauren will stay on TWD. Historically they have been really good at working around the actor's schedules. I think LC as Maggie has a couple years to go yet, at least. But as for switching actor's at this point...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :p. I will have to think about it and come back with a less ambiguous answer. For me personally, actor switches for main characters, especially one that has lasted 7 seasons, would be a huge shark jump.

I'm imaging a scene where they all visit Hilltop in 901, bringing bread and new tools and potatoes, and the doors to the gate slowly open, and there stands Gary Busey "well hi diddle ho travelers! I'm Maggie Rhee, Bitches! Gimme a bear hug there, Dichard! Grrrrrrrr Gotcha! HA! HAHA! Air Guitar!! Oh, you brought ole Maggie some peaches!!" and then all the main actors look at the camera and some cartoon glasses slowly fall over each of their eyes...."DEAL WITH IT!!" :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

It is the rare instance that we disagree in regard to the show but I am going for the record here and taking the opposite stance on both points.

I do think there is a very good chance that LC will not be returning to TWD. Just a gut thing since I know nothing about the ins and outs of actors / PTB negotiations. Maybe I am just psyching myself up for the worst case scenario. The ol' hope for the best but expect the worst adage

As I stated prior, I am of the opinion that a replacement actress would be better than shutting down the character of Maggie all together. Someone has to lead Hilltop and it needs to be someone that has proven their worth to the people of Hilltop considering their experience with leadership is solely based on the puppet reign of Gregory.

They (Hilltoppers) do not know Carol, they really do not know Daryl for the matter. So that leaves us with Enid (too young), Jesus (has already stated he is not a leader) or continuing on with Gregory (that would be a horrible decision)

I suppose another extreme possibility could be Cyndie (from Oceanside) although no one knows her with the exception of the few hours Tara spent with her. Too extreme, too far fetched.

I guess we will begin to have answers trickling in around May. And even those initial weeks of May into June filming might be somewhat misleading if LC is only returning to film an episode or two to explain away her absence from the remaining season 9 episodes.

I swear the real world battles revolving around TWD are more drama filled than All Out War story arc!! :confused:

• Like Like x 3
  15. Neuropyramidal

I agree that none of the other characters would be ideal, but personally I'd rather see one of them step up rather than an actor switch. It would be the less of two evils. I'd rather see either a transformation in Jesus, where he steps up in Maggie's absence and takes on a leadership role, or one of the others step up and earn the respect of the Hilltoppers over time, rather than a brand new face playing Maggie.

But I'm going to stick to my assertion now that Lauren isn't done yet in S8. Then we can all be happy ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Running with your preference of an established character taking over Hilltop leadership I implement the what if game.

What if Jesus does go through a transformation and takes over as leader? - would you rather see him lead with his current "give peace a chance" view or the execute Dean now and worry about it later Maggie stance? Either extreme does not a good, effective leader make. Personally, and I think this goes without saying but say it I will, having Jesus as leader and thereby garnering a larger role in the series would be A-OK with me ;) BUT only if they are somehow able to write his character as being somewhere in the middle of the two mentioned ideologies. And written in a manner that the switch in his beliefs is believable and still true to his character albeit an evolving character. I think that would be the only character I could see taking over as leader if those steps of transformation and growth are included as part of his new found role of leader.

And.....IF that were to happen who would be his right hand person (since he was seemingly becoming that for Maggie)? Enid? Aaron? OR possibly Tara?

17. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Stuff like this happening really isn't a surprise and I think we will continue to see more of it in the future. This is one of the reasons why shows generally don't try to go on as long as TWD is attempting to. Because actors/actresses want to start moving on to do other things.

With Carl now being gone and with LC potentially on the way out I really do think it is time to abandon the comic storyline from here on out. Finish up AOW but after that they will create a new storyline entirely separate from the comics. That way when actors want to leave they can write them out with little to no problem.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Neuropyramidal

If Jesus took Maggie's role, I'd definitely like to see him acting more Maggie-ish, and abandoning some of his passiveness. I think that could actually be a really interesting development arc for him. Because Maggie's death itself could be part of what prompted this change in him. I think he could take on a lot of Maggie's future comic actions
    , and still be shown to be quite torn over it. Especially if Gregory was partly to blame for Maggie's death. This change couldn't happen in one or two episodes, but I think it could happen.

As for his right hand....I think its most interesting when unexpected, motley crews are paired up....so let's say....Gabriel. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  19. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I could get on board with this......why dont you make a few phone calls and see what you can make happen - with the exception of Father Gabe, you lost me on that one ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

To me the worst part of Maggie not being on the show is my theory that she will form a relationship with Al....or whatever his name is. The young, sort of nice savior in the pen.

I have this feeling that's where they are going with his character. Something will happen and he will choose to fight against the saviors, maybe even save Maggie's life.

There was something about the way he told Maggie not to shoot piss pants. It wasn't a threat or a warning, it was genuine concern. He felt that wasn't who she really is and seemed worried about what it would do to her.

• Agree Agree x 1