Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Into the Badlands

Discussion in 'General AMC' started by tink, Nov 16, 2015.

1. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Just saw the finale and all I can say is wow! The fighting was spectacular as always but damn if that ending wasn't bitter sweet. Sunny alone with an infant. How's that gonna work out?

Looks like the Widow will be shaping up to be the main antagonist in season three, although she's not completely evil. She didn't kill Tilda after all. What door Baji opened by enacting that signal, which by the way sounded like Morse code, will remain to be seen.

I'm curious as well as to which other characters will appear in the next season and what role they'll play. Tilda, Lydia, Waldo, Baji. How 'bout Ryder's widow or any remaining Barons? The Master? Will there be a new love interest for Sunny. Hard to imagine but someone has to help him with his son. Likely to meet some Azrans (?) too. Looking forward to it

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. purriwinkle

As we all saw on TWD last week, Into the Badlands will be returning April 22nd!

Those Azrans look badass....

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. purriwinkle

This week sped by so fast, I'm just getting to this. I don't know about anyone else but I throughly enjoyed the season 3 primere.
    Visually beautiful as always, especially the fight scenes. The Widow in battle with Silver Moon up the side of that circular tower with the exterior staircase, she in her stilettos no less, was brilliant.

Other thoughts I had while watching were, MK has certainly grown up in the last six months. Not one but two ladies in his bed and smoking whatever passes for pot(?) in this dystopian world, while the Widow keeps him in his gilded cage trying to get his powers to return. My, my.

Oh Henry! What an adorable baby and it turns out he's a little Azran right from the get go. Sunny surely has his hands full.

Tilda working with Lydia who's running a refugee camp? Will she ever be reconciled with her mother? Does Lydia have ulterior motives other than to become Mother Teresa?

Baji got his wish but all I can say is be careful what you wish for as the saying goes, lol. Those Azrans don't play.

Looking forward to the next episode.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. purriwinkle

Some stills from Into The Badlands Season 3 primere:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. purriwinkle

And.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Is Henry not the most adorable TV baby you've ever seen?
    [​IMG]

6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

OMG @purriwinkle Henry is adorable! Of course his TV daddy aint too shabby either LMAO!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

This show is visually stunning! The colors, the locations, the angles used when filming, the costumes....absolutely beautiful

Yeah, MK has definitely had a growth spurt! He no longer looks like a kiddo. And that cage of his - again with just nuanced the sets are on this show.

When the healer began to freak out I just knew that was going to happen!! Parenthood in dystopia on a good day is hard enough, add to that you find out your baby is Azran - well, I agree Sunny's hands will be full

I do not trust Lydia as far as I can throw Baji! She will turn on anyone and everyone if it will serve her own agenda.

I have been chomping at the bit for this show to return. It is one of the most under appreciated series which is a shame. My sister tried to watch it but she could not get past the "over the top" fight scenes. I love it all, the fight scenes, the cinematography, the characters, the story line - okay I am Badlands FanGirling!

• Like Like x 1
  8. purriwinkle

S03E02 Moon Rising, Raven Seeks

As we get a little further into the story it becomes apparent to me that Sunny's line about some debts can never be repaid, is going to be a major theme of this season. It seems like everyone owes someone else for past deeds but if there's no forgiveness things are gonna get real messy.

It begs the question, can people change? Can the past be laid to rest? Old alliances will be torn asunder or I hope just shaken a bit. New ones look like they'll be made.

I thought there were some great new insights for the viewers, like who killed MK's mom and that Lydia and Silver Moon were once an item. We also were introduced to a new character, this "mad witch" who might be able to help Henry. And what was with Pilgrim and his mother/mentor/? That's one crazy ass religion, and I almost lost it with the hooks in the back scene. Can they do more for the Badlands than the Widow would?

Next week watch for Lydia to sell out her refugee camp. I think the Widow made her an offer she won't be able to refuse.

#68 purriwinkle, May 3, 2018
    Last edited: May 4, 2018
  9. purriwinkle

Some photos from epi 2:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. purriwinkle

S03E03 Leopard Snares Rabbit

Just a few thoughts about the developing story arc of this season.

I thought it amusing that they are framing the split of Tilda and The Widow as so much mother and daughter butting heads. I have a daughter and I know they like to push your buttons so I was like, uh huh...yep, but I like the way Miss Rabbit looked to her mom before she set out with the newly re-powerized (?) MK. Maybe she's gonna take Lydia's advice and learn to play the game, although something tells me that she still has affection for TW deep down. At least I hope so.

As for MK. Wow. Just wow. Back and better than ever.....but what a powder keg! And all that power rushing back because he wants revenge. Look out Sunny! At least Tilda can still handle him...for now. And Sunny and Baji. Those two actually acting responsible and empathetic! I could have used those healing hands of Baji's the other night when I had a kink in my neck and oh, Sunny. Being a father has changed him for the better. I hope he gets out before everyone finds him.

I found the interaction between Nathaniel and Lydia to be rather interesting. She may not be a physical fighter but she sure knows how to work it, and this wasn't the first time. I'm not sure if her explanation of being young and foolish when she chose to go with Quinn rather than him held any water but when he moved in to kiss her and she did her epic cock block I raised one eye brow Spock style. After he left, the look on her face of relief like she just dodged a bullet made me think maybe any supposed affection between the two was one sided on his part. How long will she be able to play both sides although I have a feeling that's gonna be moot once the Azrans make their move. War with the newcomers is going to make strange bed fellows.

11. purriwinkle

Images from Epi 3:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. purriwinkle

13. purriwinkle

S03E04 Blind Cannibal Assassins

First thought was, wow! what a title!! Sounds better than Terminus and I wasn't disappointed. Although there was a sad part to the story and Sunny experienced that arse biting karma, alls well that ends well....for now.

I might be a shameless fan girl but I thought the fight scenes were thrilling! Even Lydia and Cressida did their parts. Seems Pilgrim has a special power which can calm a dark one down with a touch. I think even the Widow was impressed. I would rather see TW align herself with Pilgrim against Baron Chau , who has a hot brother by the way, cause she's a little too bitchy for me but in this world she plays the part of a Baron well.

Will MK end up fighting with Pilgrim? They've gone to a lot of trouble to recruit him and he wants to establish some independence. Will Moon return to the Widow now that he's discharged his debt of honor with Sunny? Or will he go back because of Lydia even though she rejected him? Will Bajie and Sunny find the Witch and what's she gonna do? Henry's becoming a little Teflon baby or another Judith. Shit swirles all around but somehow they don't get touched, and I'm all for that by the way, lol. Stay tuned.....?

14. purriwinkle

Some images of episode 4:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#74 purriwinkle, May 19, 2018
    Last edited: May 19, 2018
  15. purriwinkle

16. purriwinkle

Sorry I was unable to view episode 5. Something is going on with my AMC app on my iPad. The people at the Apple store have told me I should buy an new one. Mine was an original and they're now selling iPad 4. I've used up most of my memory or something, apparently, but hell, it works most of the time. I was able to bring up and watch missed episodes of Lucifer on FoxNow so I don't really think it's the iPad. Will have to record the regular way from here on in, and hopefully I'll be able to catch epi 5 somewhere.

17. purriwinkle

I swear I can be such a weirdo but I refused to watch epis 6 and 7 until I had a chance to see 5 cause everything moves so fast I didn't want to watch out of sequence. Finally got a chance to start catching up. Since most have seen the episodes already all I can do is give my impressions as I watch them, and trust me, this is one show for some reason that keeps me on the edge of my seat.

Episode 5 Carry Tiger to Mountain

Watching little Henry cry was heartbreaking for me and when Encara kept him under the water while the black seeped out of him I almost had a heart attack! Bajie needs to get over it but I'm glad he'll accompany Sunny as he searches for Pilgrim.

I was surprised to see how the Widow and Gaius had a little connection there from their youth. So glad she decided to trust him. Who knows where that will go...ummmmm.....*fingers crossed* I have nothing but respect for Minerva learning more about all she has gone through to get where she is now. That Chau clan (with the exception of Gaius) is a piece of work.

I liked the further confirmation that the Badlands is a futuristic US with MK looking through the view finder at all the old world monuments and natural wonders. Makes me very curious as to what Pilgrim is digging up now.

What will happen to Castor now that the Widow has him? Will Pilgrim find out that Cressida pretty much went against his orders and sent the boy out on an unsanctioned mission, and what about this idea of Sunny being a powerful conduit for the dark forces?
    I can't wait to catch up with episode 6.

#77 purriwinkle, Jun 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  18. purriwinkle

Images from episode 5 Carry Tiger to Moutain

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. purriwinkle

20. purriwinkle

S03E06 Black Wind Howls

More of the Sunny/Bajie bromance but they work as a couple, lol. I got a kick of out Sunny telling Henry to hold on while he fought in the streets of that er...community where they picked up Bajie's ex. I kept thinking, shaken baby syndrome!

Bajie is like an onion. We keep peeling away the layers and the fact that he was married once was a new one. What else will we discover about him? I also like that Sunny's memories have been jogged and that he seems to be retrieving lost info as he said, he didn't even know he'd forgotten. What will those memories reveal about his past and what he may be?

The widow is embarking on a dangerous path to outsmart Pilgrim and Cressida, or so she thinks. Cressida knows that she was once a dark one and TW knows that she knows and what that may mean and she's gonna use it but who's gonna end up playing who? With Minerva's past it's hard to imagine that she might ever give her loyalty to Pilgrim. I think she would rather be dead.

RIP Castor. You were a good samurai.

How does the River King know that Sunny is looking for Pilgrim? How does he know about Pilgrim? How does he know where to find him?

I'm looking forward to viewing episode 7.