Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

It ain't about Rick!.. Or Carl...

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead TV Predictions' started by bmorsecode, Apr 18, 2018.

1. bmorsecode

bmorsecode New Member

After gathering information from all forms of media, Season 8 of The Walking DEAD on AMC has lead me to presume that in fact, NO ONE is safe.
    Allow me to explain...
    Eight seasons of AMC's The Walking DEAD has guided most of it's viewers to believe that this was the amazing survival story of a man named Rick Grimes. To those who have read the graphic novel, it's arguable that this story is in fact the account and recorded history of a boy named Carl Grimes. While both hold validity in their respective realms, I've recently become cautious to believe that either are truly the narrative of this well developed made for tv spectacular.
    For eight seasons we have seen the linear accounts of our protagonist Rick Grimes. From the hospital, to the farm, the prison, terminus, Alexandria and now the Sanctuary. It wasn't until the later seasons that we truly get to experience the lives and tales of support characters.
    We've grown to love our Daryl's, our Carol's, our Maggie's and Michone's. But we've also been forced to forgo our Dale's, Lorie's, Andrea's, Hershal's, Beth's, Tyreese's, Sasha's, Abraham's, Glenn's and Carl's. To be frank... NO ONE is safe.
    Don't worry!.. Rick isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Andrew Lincoln sells the series. But beyond this, we must consider how LARGE this series has become. Spin Off - FEAR The Walking Dead has just taken on major TWD character Morgan. This cross over bridges the vastness that is The Walking Dead.
    Season 9-10 Predictions: As Gimple implies, "The show evolves... and they're facing different problems. Facing different problems, with each other." -(Talking Dead S8E16)
    On intuition alone, I must believe that we are truly done experiencing this linear Boss->Boss bad guy story arch. With the introduction of Georgie, and Jadis' knowledge of the helicopter I'm to assume that we will not fully continue the linear path that the graphic novel has laid out for us.
    We will certainly experience multiple character arcs: Rick & Michone vs. Maggie and Daryl. (Jesus is the mole) Rick vs. Negan. Possibly a Carol vs. Daryl.
    My assumptions are made with the pretense:
    Considering that Lauren Cohen may not be on the series that much longer... ANYTHING could happen.
    My prediction:
    1) We don't get just a whisperer Saga or a Commonwealth, but a combination of both
    2) Rick does NOT need a cane and that Carl's vision of the future what incorect.
    3) Eugene leaves and becomes a story arch
    4) Carol takes over the Kingdom in the wake of Ezekiel's death.
    5) Dwight or Daryl run the Sanctuary.
    6) We lose Tara and Gabrielle
    7) Rick stays in Alexandria while Michone visits the commonwealth
    I don't know what to say about the Whisperers. Could Jadis become Alpha? Is it Madison? Who knows? But we all must agree to believe that those two series were meant to join forces in order to produce this incredible web of entangled tales.
    Share your thoughts, comment below

#1 bmorsecode, Apr 18, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2018