Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Daryl & Carol

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead TV Characters' started by sdg6259, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

When are Bob Miller and Alvaro's father going to get together?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Bobaro’s Milldaddy?

This is a tough one without knowing Alvaro’s dad’s name.

• Creative Creative x 1
  3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

He keeps his name secret because of the Doughnut Scandal of 1998. Roast Beef was never meant to be a filling.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

A recent selfie of Norman and Melissa. :cool:

#784 Rapscallion, May 3, 2018
    Last edited: May 3, 2018
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Rapscallion

[​IMG]

Our first image of Daryl in season 9. The bandana is a callback to the season 4 episode "Infected". :p

[​IMG]

#785 Rapscallion, May 3, 2018
    Last edited: May 3, 2018
  6. Rapscallion

[​IMG]

Our first image of Carol in season 9. :D
    And my 6,000 post! :cool:

#786 Rapscallion, May 3, 2018
    Last edited: May 4, 2018
  7. Rapscallion

[​IMG]

Daryl: I found her.
    Aaron: Who, Sasha?

[​IMG]

Daryl (off screen): No. ♥

8. Rapscallion

9. Rapscallion

#789 Rapscallion, May 28, 2018
    Last edited: May 28, 2018
  10. Rapscallion

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Carol and Daryl, from the S9 poster.

11. Rapscallion

[​IMG]

Norman liked this. :D

12. Rapscallion

@PepperAnn. In light of confirmed spoilers, I guess you'd like to know my feelings on the matter.

Am I disappointed? Yes.
    Am I surprised? No.

I, like everyone on the forum, have loved TWD since S1. Now, we're approaching the premiere of S9, and many of the people I've shared opinions, theories, and daily events with are gone, and the show itself has fallen from glory.

In S5, I thought TWD's quality was slipping, but it was still watchable. In S6 I thought the quality was getting worse, and after the infamous Lucille cliffhanger I boycotted the S7 premiere, which led to me to boycotting most of that season altogether.

S8 brought us All Out War, which fans and critics consider to be a disappointment. I watched the first few episodes of that season and decided to boycott the rest.

I've lost my enthusiasm for TWD, but one thing that kept me interested was the chance Daryl and Carol would finally become an official couple.

There were plenty of chances for Caryl to happen, but former showrunner Scott Gimple refused to let it happen. Maybe Gimple got so enamored with Negan controlling S7, and Morgan's struggle between harmony and violence, he ignored various subplots such as Caryl, the three Alexandrians Deanna exiled prior to the group's arrival, the Wolves' origin, Enid's origin, Heath's disappearance, and Maggie's pregnancy.

But I believe Gimple hates the character of Daryl Dixon. I think since the S7 premiere, Gimple has tried to make the fans hate Daryl by turning him into an EMO idiot, and commit rash actions like hitting Negan (which caused Glenn's death) and breaking the walker herd into Sanctuary (which allowed the Saviors to escape).

I hate Gimple as a showrunner, but ironically, he wrote some of my favorite episodes. Gimple also made Carol into a strong, confident woman. I disagreed with Carol's PTSD storyline in S6, but I hoped Daryl would use the psychology book he took from the battered woman's shelter in S5 to help Carol deal with her grief and that would lead to them becoming a couple, but it never happened. I think its a tragedy that two characters who suffered for most of their lives and understand each other aren't allowed to be together.

AMC has teased the fans with Caryl in trailers and with promotional images for the last few seasons, and they teased the fans yet again in the S9 trailer.

I'll always ship Caryl, but I won't be watching S9.

You and I started out on good terms, and I hope we can be on good terms again. I'm sorry that we disagreed on topics like TWD's direction, character development, and real world troubles like politics. I'm sorry for the times you thought I was a troll, I never intended to act as one.

Thank you and good night.

#792 Rapscallion, Aug 6, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Thank you for this post. And I understand that everyone is going to have their differing opinion on this show and I totally respect that. The problem I was having was the fact that every single post (and I mean every single post, even in the live react thread and the SHOUTBOX lol) was an opportunity to express your disdain for either Gimple or the show in general.

To me, there are 4 different types of members of forums like this:

--The die hard fans that have their issues with things here and there (I can't stand Gimple and what he's done either) but choose to see the good and the overall picture.

--The once upon a time fans, who still watch and tolerate but only come here for the friendships made and the fun to be had. They complain here and there but not THAT much out of respect for those here that still love it.

--The once upon a time fans that can't stand the show anymore and just POOF! disappear and we never see again.

--And then those that come solely to troll. They are the ones we are never sure why they are even here. (those that join just to say I am quitting the show also fall in this category. :p )

After the beginning of this season, a lot of regulars considered leaving because of all the negativity coming from the other regs. It's one thing for assholes that do it just to rile people up, but there are a handful of regulars that almost drove away a lot of diehards (at least from the forum). But we convinced them to just create dungeons and put them on ignore. Lol

It's just hard to come share your love for a show when everywhere you turn.....anyway you get my point. Trolls can suck it but obviously this means you were liked. Are liked. It just feels like a switch flipped with you because before it flipped.....you basically just stayed quiet about your disdain and only expressed it when asked.....but you were still around and hanging and having fun. Now it's just....different.

Anyway, like I said, thanks for the post. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. ShaneFan

ShaneFan Well-Known Member

15. Rapscallion

Thank you @PepperAnn for your reply. :D

Thank you @ShaneFan for your support. :D

We fans like to joke about TWD being a loop: group hits the road, finds a safe place, meets big bad, battles big bag, loses safe place and repeat.

Caryl has their own loop: Caryl is separated, Caryl experiences grief or pain, Caryl sees a Cherokee Rose to remind them of their close relationship, Caryl is reunited, Caryl doesn't talk about how they truly feel about one another and repeat. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Rapscallion

@PepperAnn,

With Rick dying (or being whisked away via helicopter, who's to say really?) in the next episode, I'm doubly sad Caryl hasn't happened, because Rick never got to tell them "I'm happy for you both," or "I knew something was going on with you two", or "You two will make it, you both have each other."

I love Daryl and Rick's brotherhood, and I'd have loved it if Rick approved of Daryl being with Carol.

17. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I see what you are saying, and I agree that Rick would have approved. But I am at a point now where I love the way they are. Their dynamic is almost like they are together anyway, the way they have each other's backs and all. Their deep friendship is sweet. I also like that he approved of Ezekiel.

18. Rapscallion

[​IMG]

Happy Halloween
    ©maxkennedy

• Like Like x 1
  19. Rapscallion

20. Rapscallion

[​IMG]

When TWD returns in February, I hope Daryl returns the favor by taking one of his knives and cutting off Carol's ridiculous wig. :D

• Funny Funny x 1