Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Congrats to JDM & Hilarie Burton

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Television Series' started by Jen7, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Jeffrey Dean Morgan's wife, Hilary Burton made this Instagram Post showing off their new baby, and at the end said that JDM...delivered her? The man is multi-talented :p

• As some of you know, @jeffreydeanmorgan is off in Europe getting ready to do some big conventions. And he's self aware enough to know his track record for "spilling the beans" isn't so great (bless his heart!). So before he starts tripping up in an attempt to maintain our privacy, he asked that I go ahead and post something about our little girl's birth.
      But before I do that, there's something I really want to say to all the women out there who are trying.....
      It took a long time for Jeffrey and I to have this baby. The first time I got pregnant, it took a year and a half. I surprised him on Christmas with baby Seahawk booties. We cried. We celebrated. We picked out names. And we lost that baby.
      More losses followed, and as so many couples know, it was heartbreaking. It still is heartbreaking.
      And every morning of the five years it took us, I'd open my computer at the kitchen table and see the news and I'd grow bitter over the endless parade of celebrities showing off their bumps and babies. I'd weep out of jealousy for how easy it was for them. Didn't they know something could go wrong? Didn't they know that there were other women out there struggling? It pained me to see the corporate sponsored baby showers and magazine covers capitalizing on this human miracle that wasn't happening for us.
      So when this pregnancy started, we were cautious. I didn't want to celebrate for fear of jinxing it. I didn't want a baby shower. I checked her heartbeat every day, up until the day she was born. And now that she is here, I just stare at her in wonder all day. I see her in her daddy's arms and I don't take any of it for granted. She screams bloody murder and I smile because she is so wildly alive.
      So now that folks know she's here, I don't want her birth to cause any other woman to weep at her kitchen table. If anything, my wish is that she would restore hope for others. Fertility is a fickle thing. And for the other couples out there who have had dark days, we want to introduce our miracle baby to you and send you our love and support in finding yours.
      Please meet George Virginia Morgan. She was born February 16th. Her daddy delivered her. We love her very much.
    baby morgan.png

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Reina

Reina Active Member

Those lips! Baby lips are so sweet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Neuropyramidal

I imagine it was in a controlled setting, like a hospital room with trained staff present, and JDM was just kind of the honorary deliverer. Maybe he took over when things were pretty much a done deal.

Because otherwise it seems like a strange thing to do for a pregnancy where you want to be extra careful. I'm picturing a wife telling her husband "we need this pregnancy to go perfectly, and have to be careful in every way....sooooo, in terms of the delivery...I think yewwwwww should do it!"

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Yeah I was thinking once the baby was mostly out, he must have taken her the rest of the way. I've heard of mothers doing that too.

6. Neuropyramidal

I actually just now read an interview where JDM said he took over when the only thing left inside was the baby's big toe.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Neuropyramidal

At her college graduation he will grab her leg and swing her foot around all over the place..."I delivered this witttlllleeeeeeee piggggyyyyy!!"

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Reina

Reina Active Member

Hilary is such a classy woman. To tell their personal heartbreak in hopes to restore the hope for others struggling with infertility.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

LOL. Well I still have to give him some credit for even being down there and for not dropping her. Those babies are slippery!

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I know, stories like that really make those of us with a child already stop and think. It could have gone much differently. I would have done the same thing with her heartbeat if i had the equipment...I remember looking up heartbeat monitors online and ultimately deciding not to spend the money just because i'm paranoid. It was tough waiting for each appointment!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

while I am not a fan of the character Negan (I mean he killed Glen, Abe and in my view Sasha) I will separate reality from fiction and state that the pic of JDM kissing his little girl is heart melting worthy!

You just KNOW that in ~15 years the Lucille show props will be dusted off and put on display throughout their house!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Reina

Reina Active Member

I can't relate with having a baby since I've never had any, but I understand infertility and losing one before term. I have a friend that when every Mother's Day comes around, she does a little something special to the women in her life that don't have children whether it's because of infertility, death or just because they haven't had children yet. She struggled with infertility for many years and understands the heartbreak that comes with it. Also, the confusion, relentless questions as to why couples haven't had children and what women feel when they've lost one. It's so nice and refreshing to see someone give hope and spread understanding. Hilary could just bask in her new baby girl (and there's nothing wrong with it if she had), but she took the opportunity to hug the ones out there that have the emptiness she and Jeffrey once felt. Made my day to see something so sweet AND see something positive for a huge negative. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

JDM elaborates on delivering his babies:

• Like Like x 1
  14. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

What an incredibly thoughtful, compassionate message. At a time when she could understandably write nothing but lines of joy, she reached out and share her own struggle and sent a message of hope and understanding. "Miracle baby," indeed! Congrats to them.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. ScarlettCrow

ScarlettCrow Member

I legit laughed out loud at this!!! Lmfao!!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

I think he said he helped deliver his son too... so awesome for them... I can see his face in his daughter’s in that pic where she’s sleeping... precious