Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Into the Badlands

Discussion in 'General AMC' started by tink, Nov 16, 2015.

1. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Images from Episode 6 - Black Wind Howls

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. purriwinkle

WooHoo! All caught up!

S03E07 Dragonflys Last Dance

Amidst all the killing, love is in the air!! lol! Couldn't be better! Looks like Lydia might be warming to Moon and why not after all the disinterest Quinn gave her? To have someone who is into her might be a nice change, and together they would make one hell of a power couple. Moon is very impressive.

Ditto with Gaius and Minerva. If I was the Widow I would tap that pronto but I understand her reticence. It was nice to see not only him but the others come to the aid of their Baron.

Even Bajie was not immune. Looks like he still had a soft spot in his heart for his ex. It was so cute watching him take care of Henry.

We have new mysteries afoot. Sunny has a sister who might show up later as no one knows her fate, I take it, from what the River King said. Who are the Black Lotus people? Enemies of Pilgrim? They seem to want the same thing....the conduit, which is Sunny.
    Who are all these groups that seem to be thriving beyond the Badlands? I guess we're gonna find out. Now that the rebellion has been quelled, will the Widow take up her attack plan to hit Baron Chau at her weak point? How many of her troops have been decimated and where were the mutineers taking the butterfly captives in those trucks? Hopefully not to Chau and they can rejoin their comrades loyal to Mother. Is there mutiny arising among Pilgrims acolytes? What part will MJ play into all this? Ooh, I can't wait for the mid season finale this week, although I won't be able to watch it in real time. Damn.

3. purriwinkle

Images from episode 7- Dragonflys Last Dance

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#83 purriwinkle, Jun 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  4. purriwinkle

S03E08 Leopard Catches Cloud- Mid season Finale

Wow! Do I know romance or what? Minerva and Gaius PLUS Lydia and Moon...saw it coming and I think both unions are just right!

This was such an exciting episode! Truely stunning actually. I absolutely loved Lydia riding into battle with Moon and then rescuing his ass even though it turned out that she was also wounded. Then there was Minerva fighting Baron Chau. That last scene with all the arrows raining down on her only to be reversed by the Master of that Monastery that harbors the dark ones was unexpected but beautifully filmed. I think it's gonna turn out she's Sunny's older sister but we'll see.

Meanwhile back at the fortress with Pilgrim and Cressida...I was surprised that they knew who Sunny was and there is some history there even though Sunny can't remember any of it. I don't know now who the bad guys are vs the good guys. Does Bajie have the right of it with Pilgrim being dangerous? I was firmly in his corner until he started talking about them becoming Gods but on the other hand, who are the Black Lotus People? What's the deal with this dark power that Pilgrim looks like he's now acquired? Who was Sunny originally? What were Sunny and his older sister running from? Why do some of those with the dark gift try to flee to the Badlands? Is it so terrible up North where they come from? Is someone using them for nefarious reasons? Will Pilgrim take MK's gift away now that he disobeyed Pilgrim by trying to kill Sunny and will Minerva get her gift back? So many questions.....I can't wait for this to return. Always a surprise around the corner.

5. purriwinkle

Images from Episode 8
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. purriwinkle

7. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

So is this show cancelled at this point?

8. purriwinkle

Not that I'm aware of.

9. purriwinkle

It appears AMC has cancelled Into the Badlands but will show the final eight episodes of season three starting on March 24 at 10/9c after TWD and then will move to it's new time slot at 10:00 Monday the 25th with a new episode. I'm rather disappointed myself cause I liked the martial arts scenes but hopefully they'll end with a satisfactory conclusion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

YUMIKO!!!!
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. purriwinkle

OMG, I had no idea until you pointed it out that the actress who played Baron Chau was Yumiko!

12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I was so excited when they cast her in TWD

13. tink

tink Well-Known Member

So what did everyone think of last night's first part season opener?

I enjoyed it.

14. purriwinkle

Sorry I never got around to this but I am caught up with the first few episodes now.

Season 3 episode 9 - Chamber of the Scorpion

We started with a beautifully choreographed (as always) fight between the Master and Minerva. Unfortunately for the Widow, the Master is just that. She easily takes TW down but doesn't kill her because we find out, she wants to ally with her to fight Pilgrim. We see that one benefit of having the "gift" is that you can use it for good. The Master uses it to heal up Minerva's broken arm. She tells the Master she'll be happy to fight with her if she gets her gift back.

Back at Pilgrim's camp we see that Sunny's boy no longer seems to have the gift which is what Sunny wanted. He tries to fit in but is taken back when Pilgrim demonstrates the power of the Meridian Chamber. He's able to give the gift to some of his followers who weren't born with it. He tells Sunny (Sanzo) this this is the beginning of his army that will conquer the Badlands. He sends for Bajie who is being held prisoner and sets one of his new soldiers to dispose of him. Bajie is priceless as usual and in the end actually kills his opponent.

Sunny sees that Pilgrim isn't all he claims to be. He frees Bajie, gives him his son and sets him free. Then he starts in on the Meridian Chamber breaking it up. MJ stops him and in a final fight with Pilgrim, Sunny is pushed through a window to the water below. Yes, to the water and sure enough our guy survives although injured.

In the meantime Moon (ok, why does it seem like all the hunky men on TV at the moment seem to have Moon in their names?) carries Lydia back to the mansion on horseback....seriously good scene....where she is taken care of. Right now I hope that at least these two will make it through what's to come together. I love that they've finally found each other after all these years and they're gonna make up for lost time.

15. purriwinkle

S03E09

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#95 purriwinkle, Apr 8, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  16. purriwinkle

S03310 Raven's Feather Phoenix Blood

Minerva has stated she wants her gift back and the Master may grant her request. She bops Minerva who wakes up in what really is a scenario in her mind but she doesn't realize it just yet. She has her gift back but her reality is slightly altered. Her world is not much different from that which she left behind but there are differences. For one, her soldiers are cruel to the Cogs. They are branding cogs that have been captured and Minerva bristles. She intercedes and finds out that she just saved Tilda who seems completely broken....different. Everything is different. Chau tells her they are fighting their enemy, the mysterious Raven. but Minerva finds she can't trust anyone. In the end we see that the enemy is her. She fights herself in beautiful clothes with matching stiletto boots that are to die for. (If you look at the fight scene closely you'll see they messed up with editing as you glimpse those gorgeous boots in a low heeled version from time to time.) None the less, the lesson is that Minerva might be her own worse enemy and what happens when her good and bad sides go head to head. I don't know if she can handle the gift.

Sunny has been surviving in an old garment factory and Nix who has discovered him is helping him out. She's become disillusioned with Pilgrim since he killed Castro and has learned to turn her gift on/off by sheer force of will rather than having to cut herself.

Pilgrim is having trouble controlling his powers and there's a scene with him and Cressida where, let me say, unless Cressida is his wife, her giving him a hand job in the tub is just creepy. He makes MK head of the search party looking for Sanzo because they found no body.

Bajie safely delivers Sunny's kid to Moon and Lydia, who lovingly take him in. I can't get enough of those two. So many years wasted. Bajie borrows a car to seek out someone who can help...if she doesn't kill him...Ankara.

#96 purriwinkle, Apr 8, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  17. purriwinkle

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#97 purriwinkle, Apr 8, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  18. purriwinkle

S03E11 The Boar and the Butterfly

Nix is bringing supplies to Sunny and he tells her he has to seek Ankara who might have some answers. Unbeknownst to her, MJ has followed her and they have it out, both in dark mode. It looks like Nix is going down when Sunny comes up behind MJ and stakes him to the table. Yikes! Seriously, he had no choice.

Nix and Sunny go off to find the witch and he gives her some info about the woman they seek. They find her injured with dead Black Lotus soldiers all around. She tells them if they get her out of there she’ll give them the answers they need. Out on the road she tells them that the Black Lotus is an ancient order dedicated to eradicating dark ones....including Sunny.

Minerva and the Master come to terms. She tells Flea she has to learn to work for a greater good.

MJ, now rescued by Pilgrim tells his “boss” where he can find his army...the monastery! Off they go with the Harbingers but Pilgrim is getting psychotic. He “sees” Castor who tells him the gift was not meant for those who weren’t born with it. Sure looks like it.

Bajjie finds his way there first, where he tells the Master about Sunny being the catalyst. She drafts him into the war on her side and then he comes face to face with his former novice...Flea aka Minerva. Awkward. They squabble like a couple of kids and do a little sparing until they blow up Bajjie’s borrowed car. The Master sends them both after Ankara after she finds the woman with her mind. If Ankara won’t come willingly, she gives them a syringe full of knock out juice.

Back at the Widows mansion, Gaius, Tilda and Lydia seek to find Baron Chau. Gauis tells them they need to visit their mother at her summer home. She’ll know where his sis is. They work their way into the place and Gauis’s half brother takes them to the dowager Chau. She doesn’t give them anything and Tilda gets to hack her up at the end. Fortunately, the half brother tells them where Juliet is.

Out on the road, Bajie and “Flea” make up with Bajie giving apologies. They share some rabbit stew and memories.

Moon and Lydia have another loving moment where they protest their love for one another. *sigh* when they’re visited by Cressida. She tells Lydia that Pilgrim is taking over the Widows territory. Moon wants to fight but Lydia seeks diplomacy. Cressy tells her that the butterflys have got to go on her way out.

Everyone converges on the town where Ankara is hell bent on getting away. She sends Sunny to find passage for her to take off. He reluctantly leaves her under Nix’s supervision. Of course she gets away after healing her own wounds with the gift. Sunny sees Minerva in the marketplace and they have a little skirmish.
    After they wreck a few tradesmen’s livelihood, Minerva tries to tell him they’re fighting on the same side now. Bajjie comes upon them to tell them that Ankara is gone but she walks right into them. Bitch is powerful but Minerva gives her the juice as she murmurs they’re all “too late.”

19. purriwinkle

20. purriwinkle

S03E12 Cobra Fang, Panther Claw

A lot happening in this epi. Some good and some very bad,

Pilgrim and his harbingers storm the monastery. There’s some great fighting naturally and the Master and Pilgram have this conversation as to how the gift should be used. In the end Pilgrim prevails over the Master, which frankly I find hard to believe, cause I think she has powers she’s holding in reserve....waiting until the time is right to unleash. Wait for it ...but in the meantime Pilgrim goes about waking the novices who have been in a coma induced state.

Meanwhile, we have Beijing, Sunny, Nix, Minerva and a doped up Ankara are on a road trip back to the monastery. They reach a monastic safe house where they need to stop and do some work on their vehicle. Minerva is apologetic to Sunny over Veil but he won’t let bygones be bygones. Tells her he’s going after her when this is all over. Minerva wakes Ankara and she gets a vision of Gauis and Tilda. Minerva takes off on a motorcycle they found in the safe house to save the two. Nix goes with her.

Sunny and Bajie talk with a wakeful but immobilized Ankara. She tells them she was responsible for the fall of Azra. She tells them that BL were scribes that worked at the monastery. She became friendly with one, Magnus. Obsessed with Azra, he betrayed her, found the golden city and razed it to the ground. Sunny and his sister were some of the few that escaped. They ask how to defeat Pilgrim but she tells them it can no longer be done. .

Back at the marketplace, Black Lotus is questioning the merchants about the fight that occurred there. They find the syringe that held the knock out juice and he deduces that Ankara is being transported to the monastery. On the way, Capt. BL (Magnus) uses a little device which shows him where our group are held up. Black Lotus arrives at the safe house and throws a grenade into the place. Sunny and Bajie are knocked cold . When Bajie comes to they kill him in front of Ankara!!! Then they kill her too.They take Sunny with them.

Tilda and Gauis make their way to the Chau summer place to find his sister the Baron. Unfortunately, Juliet is one step ahead and her men who she has positioned on the perimeter capture the two. Bitch...er Baron Chau proceeds to torture the two with the aim of killing Gauis and making Tilda her regent. Bad, bad Yumiko...lol. Our dynamic duo reach the summer place (an old amusement park) and Minerva and Juliette fight to the death. Juliette loses her head in spectacular fashion and Tilda and Gauis are rescued.

#100 purriwinkle, Apr 14, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2019