Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Time for Trump to go

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Ex-Trump campaign chief Paul Manafort has been found guilty on five tax fraud charges at his trial in Virginia.

He was also convicted on one count of failing to disclose foreign bank accounts, and two bank fraud charges.

(BBC)

I am curious what the other charges were, that they hung on.

2. Lindigo

Cohen matters because he may have critical information relating to all three of these evolving stories. Moreover, he cannot be written off as someone peripherally related to Trump. He cannot be written off as a coffee boy or as someone who went in and out of Trump’s orbit in a matter of weeks. In short, Cohen’s plea is a crushing blow because he is the first cooperating witness that could implicate Trump directly in all three matters — the women and campaign money, Trump’s business dealings, and the Trump campaign’s Russia connections.

Constitutional scholar Larry Tribe tells me, “Whether or not called an unindicted co-conspirator, that’s what the sitting president IS as of close of business today, Aug. 21, 2018, a day that will live in legal infamy.” He explains, “That’s the import of two of Michael Cohen’s guilty pleas on charges of making knowingly illegal campaign contributions at Trump’s behest in the form of hush money to keep his sex scandals quiet as the election date approached.” He adds that with the conviction of Trump’s campaign chair, Paul Manafort, on eight counts, “the only possible conclusion is that this criminal administration is coming unglued.”

Buckle up. Trump now goes from the frying pan into the fire.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...es-true/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.70152f97c6f2

3. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

5 counts to tax fraud
    4- failing to report foreign bank accounts
    4 - bank fraud
    5 - bank fraud conspiracy

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/08/15/what-charges-does-paul-manafort-face.html

Sounds like he was charged with all 5 counts to tax fraud, 2 on the bank fraud, and 1 count to failing to report a foreign bank account.

That’s 74 years in prison

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Nonsense. I live in NY. I've been away for a few days but that story came in and left with a wimper. Taken out of context, when the whole text of his speech was reported it made perfect sense and was actually rather inspiring. Did you hear the rest of his statements?

We will reach greatness when every American is fully engaged. We will reach greatness when discrimination and stereotyping against women -- 51 percent our our population -- is gone, and every woman's reach full potential is realized and unleashed," Cuomo said.

Can't argue with that. Unfortunately it makes for bad publicity when only part of his comments are reported. I also think it was unfortunate he had to try to explain himself. I would have stood pat.

I also loved what he tweeted back to Trump....

"What you say would be 'great again' would not be great at all...We will not go back to discrimination, segregation, sexism, isolationism, racism or the KKK. Like NY's motto says: Excelsior -- Ever Upward (not backward)."

But then again, Trump's gonna have bigger things to worry about with all the Manafort and Cohen drama.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

That's my whole point! I'm glad that someone here gets it. lol

I'm not saying that I agree with Giuliani or that I believe in this "my truth" bullshit or from anyone for that matter.

I'm just simply pointing out that we've entered this brave new world where everyone feels entitled to say that black is now white, up is now down, or 'he sexually assaulted me when he accidentally tripped and when he tried to regain his balance, he barely grazed my elbow with his middle finger'. If I think I'm a little girl who likes ponies, then THAT must be my truth.

If in an alternate timeline, Obama's lawyer said something like this, I'd love to see what all of our opinions would be on that. I'm sure I'd be more critical and some of you would be far more forgiving.

And by the way, you don't get charged with perjury when you lie. You get charged with perjury when you're suspected of lying. That's the whole point of bringing up a charge. It is up to prosecutors to prove to jurors in a trail that you have in fact, lied.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Pffft. Half of them aren't even on Fox News anymore and at least six of them are just contributors who also do time with the other networks. Do people really have THAT much time on their hands. This is borderline propaganda.

7. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Still. Thatsa lotta blonde.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Heh.... I can't argue with that. It's like looking at a Swedish high school year book. lolololol

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Lindigo

THANK YOU!

10. Sharpie61

#19990 Sharpie61, Aug 21, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Sharpie61

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. tink

tink Well-Known Member

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/21/politics/michael-cohen-plea-deal-talks/index.html

"Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump's former personal attorney, pleaded guilty in Manhattan federal court Tuesday to eight criminal counts, admitting that "in coordination and at the direction of a candidate for federal office" he acted to keep information that would have been harmful to the candidate and the campaign from becoming public during the 2016 election cycle."

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Biffster

For some reason he looks like John Candy in this picture.

14. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I understood your point, but I disagreed with it. Some things, like how a person feels, can be a person's truth that is not obvious to anyone else.

"I never had sexual relations with that women" is not the truth if you did, in fact, have sexual relations with that women. "I didn't know anything about the Trump tower meeting" is also one of those things that is either demonstrably true or false. You can't just believe things into being if they are about concrete actions.

And if Obama ever directed his lawyer to say the truth isn't the truth, he would have been hammered by the left and impeached by the right. That's a fact. They never let him get away with anything. And Clinton was impeached for lying about a blow job. But the GOP refuse to act on anything that Trump has done.

Paul Manafort, GUILTY Michael Cohen, GUILTY Michael Flynn, GUILTY George Papadopoulos, GUILTY Alex van der Zwaan, GUILTY Rick Gates, GUILTY Richard Pinedo, GUILTY

First member of congress to endorse Trump was indicted for insider trading. Second member of congress to Trump indicted just today for using campaign funds for personal expenses.

Everyone around Trump is a criminal. And yet they do nothing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Sharpie61

My count was wrong. He can get 80 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Biffster

He won’t live to be that old anyway, unless he knows something we don’t.

17. Biffster

18. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Hah! Karmas a bitch, lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Lindigo

Hi, @purriwinkle. Just curious. Why is this Dumb for you? Thanks.

20. tink

tink Well-Known Member